+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP 1v1 and confused

Default PvP 1v1 and confused

Ive been dueling other classes on my sin and MM rogue and my impression overall is that rogue's once again gets hit by the batt. Im open for critizism on this, and while I may not be the greatest PvPer or however you measure it, I still feel that I know what Im doing and what I should be capable of. Yes, our skill trees are missing key points, but I made sure to pick up the most valid talents in the trees.

Anyway, to give an example, in order for me to do optimal dps I must stand behind my target and make sure I press stuff like serpent strike in the right order. I was dueling this cleric in my guild (r50 vs r50), and he completely crushed me with a 1 min cd powerful ability, abilties that rogues can even dream about. 'Nysyrs rebuke' for instance kills me by itself over the 3 seconds it lasts, and on top of this he got defensive abilities such as 'Judicial Privelige'. He even let me stay behind him so that I could try and burst him down, but he even delayed his death by being able to heal himself with Doctrine of Bliss, where it took me about 15-17 seconds. And this guy had 51 pts into inquis so he was a dps.
    I have the same issues with mages, for instance vs chlorodom's.

So my question is, in general, are magic users a tad superior in terms of skills and possibilities/ magic scaling? Are these abilities out of balance because SL expansion isnt out yet (though I couldnt possibly believe this would be 100% the case). Yes, sins might not be ideal but still it sucks having to play another soul just because the one you like is gimped as dps.

This is a rhetorical question, not a rant, but could be very well a cry of frustration.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

This game is not balanced around 1v1. If you go toe to toe with someone on a rogue you are probably gonna get smashed.

I don't know any MMO where a rogue can beat someone, specifcally plate wearers or people with defensive utility, in a duel without heavily out gearing them.
    Stealth and range is your advantage, and both of those have very little use in most 1v1 scenarios.

And yea it sucks not doing well in duels but then again you are the only hope to assassinate that chloro behind enemy lines now since warrior burst/aoe was brought more under control.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 10-19-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    This game is not balanced around 1v1. If you go toe to toe with someone on a rogue you are probably gonna get smashed.

I don't know any MMO where a rogue can beat someone, specifcally plate wearers or people with defensive utility, in a duel without heavily out gearing them.
    Stealth and range is your advantage, and both of those have very little use in most 1v1 scenarios.

And yea it sucks not doing well in duels but then again you are the only hope to assassinate that chloro behind enemy lines now since warrior burst/aoe was brought more under control.
    But if that is the case, why must it be like this? Why must I wait for someone else to assist me in orer to kill someone. Im not asking to be like mages, clerics or warriors, I just want to be somewhat competitive. If the current state of the game truely is the vision of the future then I picked the wrong game.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

I would also like to point out that I dont expect to beat anyone in 1v1, such as a tank for instance. But there is a big different between 'close' and 'no way never'.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

You'll need a silence upon interrupt ability if you're dealing with an Inquis. Try to pick up Weapon Barrage in BD, that'll help a lot.

Also, fighting an Inquis as a rogue is always going to be a burst v burst fight, so try to time your Cleanse Soul such that you avoid the maximum damage possible--this means (and I know, I know, it sounds impossible) trying to predict when they're going to pop Nysyr's or SH, and preemptively using CS so the immunity timer eats the entire hit. It's easier than it sounds, and if you do that successfully, you've pretty much won the duel.
    Last edited by Zaros; 10-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread