+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Beyond dissapointed with Rogue balancing.

  1. #1
    Telaran San0sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default Beyond dissapointed with Rogue balancing.

    Now with all new specs and classes after 1.11 we did get a DPS increase but compared to other classes we got the short end of the stick.

    The Main beef I have is the severe overall Nerfing of some of Our AOE ability's. I like most am in ID and ID fights for Rogues are spec specific. Drak you may need to MM for purge Ituziel 35/31 for dps and Leathys its either a 51 *** for Drain spec or 51 BD for AOE. But Our Glorious Dev found it in his best interest to take most of the rogue AOE ability's and limit to only 5 targets dancing steel used to hit 10 mobs Now only 5, fan out used to 8 Now 5 hundred blades only 5 Fricken targets. THis MAssive cone attack can only Hit 5 targets this is Pathetic. I ended up Using fricken Rain of arrows to take down the leathys adds last night that's just wrong. added to the fact our BD crystal no longer gives extra rhythmic time its sad I pulled better Numbers with 51 BD before 1.11 on leathys. Last time I check Leathys plus her Adds there are more then 5 Targets.

    You Take away our macros you nerf the Hell out of our AOE DPS we sit at the bottom of the barrel with DPS compared to warriors and mages I understand things may Look better when we get to 60 but for some guilds working on finishing up ID before Storm Legion way to shoot us in the foot.

    P.S. > Fix the Tank threat Problem for rogue tanks Can't tell you how many times the damn Cleric tank pulled everything off the other tanks with passive threat. Poor guy had to keep taunting every cooldown just to keep it in place.

  2. #2
    Rift Master Josaline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia WA Perth
    Posts
    678

    Default

    What can I say other than "You said it all in a nutshell".
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I generally try to be optimistic and play the hand I'm dealt. But it was kinda dismal to go from the top three of the DPS parse in ID to a spot below most of the mages and warriors. I'll keep reading the forums and tweaking--I guess it's just our turn to get hammered, don't see why it was necessary.

    Oh yeah, couldn't agree more about tank aggro problems, except that in our guild it seemed to apply to all the tanks, not just rogues.
    Last edited by Darkblooded; 10-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    To the OP. Okay you are saying 35/31 for Ituziel and most people I know killing him are using BD or Nightblade. hmmmm?

    Not saying that you are wrong on the AoE thing BUT that is intended. They are basically making AOE souls and ST soul specialists. So they took nothing away they just gave it to Sab, same with every other calling.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  5. #5
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Woe be it that one spec can't do it all anymore.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  6. #6
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    This happened to every class. Firestorm, Circle of Oblivion, etc. all suck now (the Mage forum has almost this exact thread). For Laethys just swap someone to Stormcaller or 51 Dom. AOE souls are so powerful now that they can pretty well do any AOE job on their own. It's not like you're losing DPS vs. 1.10. AOE souls mostly got a bump in ST to make them more viable, and everyone else's ST should be way up.

    Also if you're losing to Mages in ST DPS you're playing the wrong spec.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 10-19-2012 at 02:24 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    I'm not surprised Ailion doesn't post much on these forums when you see posts like these. No wonder you're still trying to clear ID if you are representative of the average raider in your guild.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Rogues are awesome for aoe damage.
    Warriors have some messed up ST specs right now. That's a problem that needs to be addressed in the warrior souls, not a problem with rogues.

    Overall rogues are doing more ST and AOE than before, and bards have become awesome. Not sure how that shot your ID chances in the foot. It's the usual pattern of making things easier ahead of new content.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    To be honest, I expect a nerf to Bladedancer's AoE, because it's currently way too strong for how good its ST is.

  10. #10
    Rift Master Zeypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    633

    Default

    You clearly have no idea how to play bladedancer.

    For one, our rhythmic abilities are still the same as wearing a synergy crystal before 1.11...the talents are in the trees.
    Secondly, I am pulling 6.5k+ before any adds come out on laethys, for which I then probably finish on close to 8.5k-9k and that's with me stopping on laethys to allow us to kill the second set in time.
    So either...i don't know, learn to play might be appropriate.
    I do find it extremely odd that those abilities only hit five.

  11. #11
    Champion Wifeagro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    I'm not surprised Ailion doesn't post much on these forums when you see posts like these. No wonder you're still trying to clear ID if you are representative of the average raider in your guild.
    Elitist go away. Hardcore raiders are not the bulk of the player base.rogue melee dps is very discouraging even more so now with 1.11 the scaling is horrible

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    Elitist go away. Hardcore raiders are not the bulk of the player base.rogue melee dps is very discouraging even more so now with 1.11 the scaling is horrible
    This would be a legitimate argument were it not for the fact that Bladedancer is now our best spec. In other words, learn to play.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-19-2012 at 03:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    Elitist go away. Hardcore raiders are not the bulk of the player base.rogue melee dps is very discouraging even more so now with 1.11 the scaling is horrible
    If you remove the clearly overturned warrior spec(already been posted about several time by devs that it is overtuned), melee rogues are at the top of the pack for st dps.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    To be honest, I expect a nerf to Bladedancer's AoE, because it's currently way too strong for how good its ST is.
    It's Okay as burst but sustained not so much. Sabo still crushes it and I think that is the point. In HK gear I close in on 8k on just 3 dummies. Since bladedancer caps at 5 you are practically peaked at training dummies. The problem is Champ atm is weak and needs a buff imo.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    Elitist go away. Hardcore raiders are not the bulk of the player base.rogue melee dps is very discouraging even more so now with 1.11 the scaling is horrible
    Gear has crap all to do with the problem.

    Yes and it is a problem Daglar himself said was because certain Warrior builds were doing more damage than intended. Why don't we wait for them to do the nerfs they have already said are inc. Before we pull out the torches and pitch forks.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts