+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is my DPS so low and what am I doing wrong?

Soulwalker

Default Why is my DPS so low and what am I doing wrong?

Id rather trolls not apply as Im seriously trying to find a fix to my problem - Ive spent 12 hours yesterday trying to find a fix to my DPS problems since 1.11 with no luck whatsoever.

Ive tried multiple melee builds including Bladedancer and Assassin - Most people in my guild are parseing 3500 with self buffs - Im only parseing 2500 at best - can't even break 3k with it and Im in full T2 with HK weapons.

Aside from that my main issue is I decided to go back to a ranged build which is what I ran in raids pre-1.11

Im running a 51MM 15Ranger build - Before that I tried a 51MM 9 Sin and 6 Ranger - as of now.

Most people in my guild who are similarly geared to myself are parseing 3-3.3k with self buffs on target dummys - in raids Im hitting MAYBE 1500 DPS.

My rotation is Empowered Shot macroed with Swift Shotx5, Rapid Fire Shot, Strafe, My macrox5, Deadeye shot, rinse and repeat.

Since 1.11 my DPS has gone WAY into the gutter, and before anyone sais learn to not use your macros - I had a 9 button rotation when I was 51 ranger, I found it easier to NOT use macros with Ranger, and in raids I was pulling a 3.3-3.8 DPS consistantly.

If anyone could give me some insight on where Im going wrong Id appreciate it as Im at my wits end with my rogue right now.

I honestly haven't played around with pure DPS builds yet, I've just been barding
    Even free cost too much now

Your build looks good for 51MM, but your rotation has you going over 5 combo points every time. Are you also using Decoy and Deadeye Shot? And the MM synergy crystal? And your DPS gear?

Soulwalker

I don't have the MM Synergy crystal yet as I only had a ranger and bard crystal before - Im using deadeye shot everytime Rapid Fire is down and Im using Decoy each time it's up as well as far as my DPS gear

Im in full HK gear, except for my legs, those are the legs you get from the EI story line quest - my helm is the ID hood with the icewatch runes on them - As far as going over the five combo points I explained that poorly - Empowered Shot gives 2 combo points - Im not literally spamming the macro x5 but until I have 5 CP's then I burn a finisher

While the MM crystal is definitely a nice upgrade, I can't see it making a 2k difference for you to match your guildies. I have to say I'm at a loss. Those numbers resemble having tank gear on tbh.

Soulwalker

The only thing that I have that isn't up to par with my guildies is Im still using a deathbringer ring as one hasn't dropped in HK I can use yet - I don't have any tank gear at all, I never took the time for some reason to build up a rogue tanking set - nobody in my guild seems to know what's going on either - I used to pull the top 3 in DPS in HK - in lastnights HK run I was consistantly 15th in DPS

Rift Disciple

Just to cover the bases. You are using the right weapons? I know I've managed to swap in a green a time or two by accident. Also, what weapon buffs are you using? Electrified and Silvertip correct? You aren't wearing your pvp gear or a resist set/sigil/core? Maybe you are getting stuck in combat and your parse isn't getting reset so you have a lot of dead time, but being still in combat your parse is still running? I did notice that several skills had to be retrained at the trainer. I can't remember what the ones were for MM, but have you checked that?

You might be getting some macro lag from the Empowered Shot/Swift shot thing. You aren't hard casting Empowered are you? You do have the Lock n' Load talent that resets it's CD and makes it instant?
    Last edited by Inshalla; 10-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

I might as well give this a shot. I'm assuming you're using this build:
    51mm/15ranger
    Things I would check first:

Build
    Buffs
    FPS/Latency
    Rotation

I'm not exactly sure how you're doing your rotation so I'll write out what I'm doing:

Opening rotations:
    Strafe->Bull's Eye->Deadeye Shot
    Decoy->Empowered Shot->Swift Shot X3->Rapid Fire Shot

Regular rotation:
    Empowered Shot->Swift Shot X3-> Rapid Fire Shot/Deadeye Shot

Once Decoy despawns the first time, Quick Reload and start the opening rotations.

Whenever Bull's Eye is off CD, use it on Deadeye shot

Whenever Decoy is off CD, drop it.

Whenever strafe is off CD, and you have 0 CP, use it.

Whenever Quick Reload is off CD, use it.

Doing that, with bard buffs, I'm pulling around 3.6k in mostly HK gear-ID main hand and gloves, BiS sigil. Yeah, the only mistakes I could see you doing is not using Quick Reload and Bull's Eye on deadeye shot. But I'm not entirely sure if Bull's eye is even a dps increase over another point in Shoot to Kill.

Ascendant

What bow/gun are you using?

Shadowlander

I'd be surprised if this wasn't a spec issue, unless your bow is way bad, haven't specced attunement or something. Your rotation is perfectly fine to hit your guilds #s in your gear.
    <TABULA RASA>

Shadowlander

Im having the same issue. Im in full HK/ID and have the mm crystal as well as a rng crystal.

Im getting out dps'd by people with half my stats using the exact same rotations/specs they have. Ive went back to barding because I can out dps the healers and in some cases out heal them as well lol

One guildie suggested its because lower armor sets got a huge boost, while higher ones got a smaller over all boost. Thats the ONLY thing I can figure. I just know its not anywhere near right to get blown out of the water by a guy whos still in dungeon blue legs *sigh*

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Effnan View Post
    Im having the same issue. Im in full HK/ID and have the mm crystal as well as a rng crystal.

Im getting out dps'd by people with half my stats using the exact same rotations/specs they have. Ive went back to barding because I can out dps the healers and in some cases out heal them as well lol

One guildie suggested its because lower armor sets got a huge boost, while higher ones got a smaller over all boost. Thats the ONLY thing I can figure. I just know its not anywhere near right to get blown out of the water by a guy whos still in dungeon blue legs *sigh*
    Since PVP gear is so easy, do you have something like a Shell Encrusted Bow while they have an R50 Bow? That would explain a huge portion of the DPS difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hijienx View Post
    51mm/15ranger
    Why, why, WHY wouldn't you max out Shoot to Kill? It's one of the strongest talents in the whole tree (remember that Empowered Shot is your #1 source of damage). Drop Close Quarters Combat and Chain Destruction. You don't need the former, and you shouldn't be using Marksman on any fight with AoE, because Sab and Bladedancer will blow it out of the water.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-19-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by hijienx View Post
    51mm/15ranger
    Things I would check first:

Build
    Buffs
    FPS/Latency
    Rotation

I'm not exactly sure how you're doing your rotation so I'll write out what I'm doing:

Opening rotations:
    Strafe->Bull's Eye->Deadeye Shot
    Decoy->Empowered Shot->Swift Shot X3->Rapid Fire Shot

Regular rotation:
    Empowered Shot->Swift Shot X3-> Rapid Fire Shot/Deadeye Shot

Once Decoy despawns the first time, Quick Reload and start the opening rotations.

Whenever Bull's Eye is off CD, use it on Deadeye shot

Whenever Decoy is off CD, drop it.

Whenever strafe is off CD, and you have 0 CP, use it.

Whenever Quick Reload is off CD, use it.

Doing that, with bard buffs, I'm pulling around 3.6k in mostly HK gear-ID main hand and gloves, BiS sigil. Yeah, the only mistakes I could see you doing is not using Quick Reload and Bull's Eye on deadeye shot. But I'm not entirely sure if Bull's eye is even a dps increase over another point in Shoot to Kill.

THANK YOU!

I was missing the obvious, re-read this and Im up where I should be.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Since PVP gear is so easy, do you have something like a Shell Encrusted Bow while they have an R50 Bow? That would explain a huge portion of the DPS difference.
    They have gilded bow of the mountain, Ive got thought slayer. It was just a matter of me being too thick to understand the obvious and realize that they werent being totally honest when they gave me rotation either lol man I feel stupid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast