+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard PVP lvl 21 - can't be done

Default Bard PVP lvl 21 - can't be done

I'm new to the bard and am lvl 21. I am fairly successful in pvp with other alts, but found it impossible to be effective in any way with my bard.

I'm not crying...this is just informative and looking for feedback.

I found I could not even kill enemy pets...they were healing as fast or faster than my cadence.

Has anyone else noticed these issues?

Plane Touched

It was always my understanding that bard wasn't meant to be a killing machine. As for pets, in lower level wf's they can be quite OP'd even more so than some of the actual players.

I never considered them killing machines, but support. Currently they can't do their job.

I really like that they can move while using cadence, but they seem to have lost their healing power.

I'll change to ranger, I guess. It's a shame that the bard, at lower levels, isn't viable.

I'm not asking for any nerfs of any other class, but hope that the devs will look at the bard (play it a bit in pvp on live) and see what I mean.

If I remember correctly back when Rift first went live bards were actually really over powered in PvP coming in top for damage and healing.

However now bards are probably not exactly the best idea to play in PvP low level.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdegris View Post
    I'm new to the bard and am lvl 21. I am fairly successful in pvp with other alts, but found it impossible to be effective in any way with my bard.

I'm not crying...this is just informative and looking for feedback.

I found I could not even kill enemy pets...they were healing as fast or faster than my cadence.

Has anyone else noticed these issues?
    Given the tweaks, you're likely not going to be able to clean house solo or be supremely effective, but you should be good enough for getting procs off on people. Try to pick up a sigil with two Greater slots if you can and slot the level 10 tier and level 20 tier HoT-on-heal essences in. Consider a build along these lines, and play a bit more of a defensive/peeling role (Twilight Force is great for that).

As you continue to level, you'll be able to get Improved Anthem of Competence (which I would do at 22), and then continue to pump points into passives that will increase performance. If Storm Legion drops, you'll be able to pick up some more synergy by dropping NB and opting for Bard/Tactician as a spec.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

My bard hybrid was OP until level 30. I had players 5 levels higher then me running away from me. LOL. But once I hit level 30 and got into new WF's, eveyone could crit for 1000 dmg and the healing was too low. Try messing around with different specs, I'm sure something will be viable. You would only switch to cadence if you needed healing.

On a bright note I just tried PVPing in bard in Conquest and it seemed incredibly useful. Runspeed, motifs, reso, good ST dps, debuffs, and huge raid heals.

+ Reply to Thread