+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Stretchme
  • 4 Post By Aeonblade

Thread: pvp trouble

Telaran

Default pvp trouble

Hello my fellow rogues, How is everyone making due with the most recent update? I'm finding it extremely hard to be effective in pvp as melee... It seems unless your a MM or a Sab you're just not putting down the hate and kills like we used too.. perhaps its my builds- Anyone else having the same issue and if not please post your melee builds.

Thanks

Telaran

So it seems that the general consistence is that playing melee as a rogue is now utter garbage and cannot be played with on a competitive scale.. I've probably spent about 50 plat respecing melee builds, and they simply are just not viable... or atleast any of the ones that iv tryed

I don't feel like rogue melee has gotten better or worse with this patch.
    I suppose the removal of Rift Scavenger hit Sin/RS and NB/RS hard, but they seem to be doing pretty similar damage with more mobility.
    Last edited by Zaros; 10-18-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

I'm finding melee to be lacking alot compared to before, take Nb/RS for example or 51 NB both used to be pretty heavy hitters, where as now they seem to do rather low damage. Perhaps my builds are utter garbage or my kill order is messed up but never the less, Im feeling a hurt on melee.

Shadowlander

yawn, remember when the game 1st came out? keep trying, keep building. as a rogue in the new patch 1.11 i have no problem killing anyone in a 1vs1 however just like in pre-1.11 you will die in 1vs1 groups.

learn the mechanics of your class and play style. melee rogues in "pvp" are OP at the moment. sure it might take a lil longer its the same with any other class, they will not burn you in burst dmg. nor will you. melee rogues are insanely OP. if you cannot see it join a WF and try killing " ZLY " on a 1vs1
    zzz
    no i will not give build.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchme View Post
    I'm finding melee to be lacking alot compared to before, take Nb/RS for example or 51 NB both used to be pretty heavy hitters, where as now they seem to do rather low damage. Perhaps my builds are utter garbage or my kill order is messed up but never the less, Im feeling a hurt on melee.
    Well, healing is still a little overpowered ATM, particularly purifier.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by somba View Post
    yawn, remember when the game 1st came out? keep trying, keep building. as a rogue in the new patch 1.11 i have no problem killing anyone in a 1vs1 however just like in pre-1.11 you will die in 1vs1 groups.

learn the mechanics of your class and play style. melee rogues in "pvp" are OP at the moment. sure it might take a lil longer its the same with any other class, they will not burn you in burst dmg. nor will you. melee rogues are insanely OP. if you cannot see it join a WF and try killing " ZLY " on a 1vs1
    zzz
    no i will not give build.
    Then why come to a thread where he asks for help if you are just going to taunt him with an answer you may or may not have? Come on guys, leave this crap for blizzard's forums.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

melee is fine for small scale, large scale you won't do any good trying to stab a person if there's 30 people shooting you simply because you're the closest target.

absolutely nothing new about that

Telaran

My problem is not getting destroyed by 10 people hitting me at once, its the damage in a 1 vs 1 scenario thats the problem. Crits seem to be few and far (Im close to crit cap) and for some reason my substained damage seems to be very low aswell... Fighting anyone with a self heal seems to be instant lose almost.

Honestly, melee rogues do okay damage when in range, but with marksman the way it is right now, i really dont see the point in playing any incarnation of melee rogue in pvp. None of them can compare with the utility, maneuverability, and raw damage (not to mention spike with deadeye + emp combo).

They should nerf MM or bring the others up a bit.

+ Reply to Thread