+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: This is CRAZY!

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Dominion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default This is CRAZY!

    Really so now the crystal reads Ranger damaging abilities have a 30% (same as before) chance to increase the pets Attack Power by 200 for 15 seconds.

    WHY...200 why not leave it the ole way of increasing the damage by 60%?

    How 'bout we get a charactor sheet for pets so we can see how jacked up the switching of stats and ap and crit to the pets really is.

    Damage on the Ranger is still jacked to low.

    Sab is doing great though....snar snar.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    They nerfed synergy crystals across the board so that they (a) didn't alter your rotation, and (b) didn't make or break your DPS.

    This is a good thing, in my opinion, although I'd argue they did a bad job with the Riftstalker crystal.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Loratex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    253

    Default

    It'll make it easier to part with our set bonuses and crystals come leveling time.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Dominion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    [QUOTE=Muspel;3987760] (b) didn't make or break your DPS.[QUOTE]

    they did break it, i understand they said melee would be doing more dps which they wanted, but it wasnt by a 1400 diff, was only supposed to be like 2-300. I'd be happy if my ranger could be doing 4.7 with BD doing 5-5.4

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
    they did break it, i understand they said melee would be doing more dps which they wanted, but it wasnt by a 1400 diff, was only supposed to be like 2-300. I'd be happy if my ranger could be doing 4.7 with BD doing 5-5.4
    Correlation does not imply causation. BD's synergy crystal bonus was also nerfed into the ground. It's strong because it's strong, and ranger is weak because it's weak. The synergy crystals are not the cause here.

    And what I meant by my original post was that synergy crystal bonuses no longer cause your DPS to skyrocket, like the old ones did (particularly stuff like Assassin). Again, this is a good thing. The crystal bonuses are still a boost without being absurdly good.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    They maybe need to tweek things but here are the complications of the issue.

    Dps order melee>ranged>aoe/support>tank>other.

    I do not see pet in there. Due to this they reduced the pet contribution to dps. If ranged is going to be roughly equal the pet can not have too big a contribution. If he did then from a logical point of view there is no reason to use a pet class over a regular ranged class due to the added head aches of a pet.

    I could see a larger pet contribution when Ranger did more than MM. With them being = the last thing you should want is a stronger pet rather than the self because when that pet dies dps tanks.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  7. #7
    Champion millie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    They maybe need to tweek things but here are the complications of the issue.

    Dps order melee>ranged>aoe/support>tank>other.

    I do not see pet in there. Due to this they reduced the pet contribution to dps. If ranged is going to be roughly equal the pet can not have too big a contribution. If he did then from a logical point of view there is no reason to use a pet class over a regular ranged class due to the added head aches of a pet.

    I could see a larger pet contribution when Ranger did more than MM. With them being = the last thing you should want is a stronger pet rather than the self because when that pet dies dps tanks.
    I do not see your logic at all. The pet contribution is the pet contribution, surely the total is what should be compared here. As to pets dying the change to their AOE resistance seems to have made them a lot more survivable.

    Also I wonder about the "Close Quarter Combat" skill in the Marksman tree, surely if a MM/Ranger/SAB is at melee range they should not be penalized for being "ranged". This skill should IMHO read something like "All ranged attacks can be done at melee range, ranged attacks plus X% if within Y meters of target".

    Now X% does not have to be as much as the difference between melee and ranged but it should reduce the gap.
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

  8. #8
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    I just think its a shame that my crystal doesnt make ShadowFire cd-less anymore, etc.
    Its a shame, no more
    will adapt, will re-learn aint that part of the fun of an mmo?
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    I just think its a shame that my crystal doesnt make ShadowFire cd-less anymore, etc.
    To adapt the pretty famous quote "There's an app for that!": There's a talent for that! ;)

    But yeah you can't use a lower point Ranger with higher point MM hybrid and get your instant cast shadow fire and splinter shot. But it's ballanced around that.

  10. #10
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    To adapt the pretty famous quote "There's an app for that!": There's a talent for that! ;)

    But yeah you can't use a lower point Ranger with higher point MM hybrid and get your instant cast shadow fire and splinter shot. But it's ballanced around that.
    Ah cool didnt know yet, havent had the time to scout the complete trees yet :P
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Haipaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Synergy Crystals are supposed to be a Bonus, not something to make a class viable.

    The class needs to be balanced without crystals in mind. They where to strong before.
    AFK.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default

    R.I.P 51 Ranger ... I will miss my pets .... and to all the healers in pvp, you don't have to worry about my wolf anymore

  13. #13
    Ascendant Rounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
    How 'bout we get a charactor sheet for pets so we can see how jacked up the switching of stats and ap and crit to the pets really is.
    You've had that as long as I can remember, press C and click "PET" when you got one summoned.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    I do not see your logic at all. The pet contribution is the pet contribution, surely the total is what should be compared here. As to pets dying the change to their AOE resistance seems to have made them a lot more survivable.

    Also I wonder about the "Close Quarter Combat" skill in the Marksman tree, surely if a MM/Ranger/SAB is at melee range they should not be penalized for being "ranged". This skill should IMHO read something like "All ranged attacks can be done at melee range, ranged attacks plus X% if within Y meters of target".

    Now X% does not have to be as much as the difference between melee and ranged but it should reduce the gap.
    The pet WILL still die if you do not manage it properly. Think Atrophinius in PF. He will get one shotted if you as the ranger are not properly placed and recall your pet during certain stages. AoE resistance has nothing to do with it. Your dps then tanks. So for simplicities sake logic would dictate that you say "fff the damn pet" if the Pet still gave us 1.10 dps contribution.

    As for the MM idea...that is a mess waiting to happen. The point for the dps difference is to compensate for the fact ranged will pull ahead on disconnect fights. If one soul could simply do what they are calling "melee level" damage in melee and ranged damage at range you defeat the entire reason for the dps pecking order.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I don't like the MM crystal change, I liked the insta shots it gave me before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts