+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Decoy

Default The Decoy

He is really cute, and I love him, but he does have this nasty habit of running to the other side of things that I am attacking. While his run animation is nice, it is a dps loss and I could see it being dangerous in a lot of places.

On the other hand guess it solves the tab target pulls for rogues you can always just blame the decoy.
    Last edited by Jaguarundi; 10-18-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Decoy

The decoy also seems a little sleepy at first, and stands briefly stunned, before he figures out what is required of him.

I thought this was a thread about the Rift dev.

I want my money back!

I like him, I don't even care if he's a DPS loss.
    Total bro. Best MM ability ever.
    ~Quiescent

His damage contribution is relatively minute at level 2. I'm going to respec without it and give it a try again in a few levels.

On another note, I found on two different occasions last night in ID where the Decoy won't do anything if you trigger him, and follow it with a Quick Reload.
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

Telaran

Really wish he'd live up to his name a bit more.

Not much of a decoy when he looks nothing like me. For pvp purposes, I would love for him to spawn looking like myself.

He also seems a bit lackluster for being so high up the ladder, the dps he adds is horrific.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sainted View Post
    The decoy also seems a little sleepy at first, and stands briefly stunned, before he figures out what is required of him.
    A little sleepy? with the dps output of this "marksman of wonder" I'm pretty sure he's stunned the whole time!

For a top tier skill this is as pathetic as it gets imo, drop the lil man pick up something else

Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    A little sleepy? with the dps output of this "marksman of wonder" I'm pretty sure he's stunned the whole time!

For a top tier skill this is as pathetic as it gets imo, drop the lil man pick up something else
    Last night in ID, he was doing ~12-14k per use for me. That's pretty damn good for one GCD. It's more damage than Bull's Eye adds for the same talent point cost.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-18-2012 at 07:14 AM.

I think its definitely better than any other skill you can get in the tree instead for ST dps. Maybe there are issues with it , but its far from useless DPS wise.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Self buffed the Decoy was hitting the boss dummy for about 900-1k per Swift Shot with a 2k+ Hasted Shot finisher.

The problem is the initial 2 GCDs where it does no damage. This needs to be looked at. The damage looks a tad light for an ability with a 1 min 24 second cooldown but not by much.

I need to really look at how it performs in raid.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian View Post
    His damage contribution is relatively minute at level 2. I'm going to respec without it and give it a try again in a few levels.

On another note, I found on two different occasions last night in ID where the Decoy won't do anything if you trigger him, and follow it with a Quick Reload.
    It is the highest per GCD damage in the MM soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    It is the highest per GCD damage in the MM soul.
    I'll take another look at it tonight. My parsing was done in 20 minutes before raid, and I didn't look closely at the breakdown. What I can say is that I must have had better RNG with DES critting when I parsed without it, becuase they were very close. Other rogues in our guild were reporting 'meh' as well, but I'll run it again tonight - you very well may be right!
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

The Dev Decoy is a swell guy.
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Last night in ID, he was doing ~12-14k per use for me. That's pretty damn good for one GCD. It's more damage than Bull's Eye adds for the same talent point cost.
    This. When parsing on the dummy, I got 11k-14k for each summon. I believe that he uses your own attack modifiers, or at least it looks to be bigger hits when STM stacks are up. Anyways, from raid last night:

Code:
                  --DPS--
    Swift Shot    176.21
    Hasted Shot    75.21

Total         251.60
    And I believe that I didn't use him quite as efficiently as I could (missed the double summon on first QR). I believe I've seen him as high as around 300 DPS on the dummy. Want to see what all buffs he benefits from and how much as well as, say, how he does if you're sure to get him out to grab flaring power and the like. I certainly did notice:

01:36:29: Decoy's Hasted Shot critically hits Ituziel for 3455 Physical damage.
    Last edited by bitnine; 10-18-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I noticed a decent dps boost from Decoy - nice new ability.

Make sure you summon with 5 stacks of Silver Tip Munitions on the boss and the AP buff.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast