+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soloing build

Default Soloing build

There hasn't been a whole lot of discussion about good soloing builds, so I figured I may as well start one.

Right now, I'm looking at something like this. The single target damage isn't going to be great, but you have pretty solid AoE, because Deadly Dance will boost the damage dealt to all 10 targets with Planar Splash. This also helps with leashing, which was always a bit difficult with the old soloing spec's low target cap.

Has anyone found anything more effective?

Ugh. After testing it out, it seems like Deadly Dance is bugged and doesn't affect Planar Splash damage. Or maybe that's intended, I don't know.

EDIT: PMed Ailion about it. He says it's intended.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-17-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Mine is alittle similiar, alittle less in RS a few more points into BD. I actually use Medative Trance off and on. This spec won't be a viable leveling spec in SL tho, should try deep Ranger with a boar. Works pretty well but as far as what we used to be able to do, with big pulls (5 mobs+). Pretty much out the window.
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

Quote Originally Posted by Faylinkz View Post
    Mine is alittle similiar, alittle less in RS a few more points into BD. I actually use Medative Trance off and on. This spec won't be a viable leveling spec in SL tho, should try deep Ranger with a boar. Works pretty well but as far as what we used to be able to do, with big pulls (5 mobs+). Pretty much out the window.
    Right now I am running the favorite path in EI with just the standard 51 Bard/ 10MM / 5RS and rotating between DPS or Heal Finishers and doing fine. I am sure there is a better build but this one works and its fun because your a Bard!
    SOUL FORGED 4/4 TotDQ - 4/4 FT - 4/5 EE www.soul-forged.com
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

I found decent success going deeper into RS actually. It kills slower BUT planar rejuvenation definitely helped with surviveability. Also you would be surprised how fast groups die when you cycle ports and are in Guardian phase.

I tried various bard builds and with groups the surviveability just isn't there. Old school grinding is dead.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Disciple

41rs for the heal, 24 bd for damage reduce and heal, the rest in nb

Could you guys post any of these builds?
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

Soulwalker

38 BD 28 RS Is what I have been using... haven't gotten a lot of time on it but it works well in either stalker or guardian phase

Not 100% sure about my RS point distribution yet but I am happy with the BD ones... Mostly set up for aoe... Meditative trance is the only heal but its not terrible

Zye
    Soulwalker

Default Try this one out.

Hey
    I been playing with this build on beta and on PST. So far from what I been trying, this do good ST and AOE dps, and got mostly all i need when im soloing.
    It has insted alot of resists, armor and endurance. so it will take some big hits to get you down.

For this i use Riftstalker Synergy Crystal

Build
    LINK

Buff's
    Constant Devation
    Planebound Resilience
    stalker Phase
    Leeching Poison
    Lethal Poison

Macro's

ST builder:
    #show Planar Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike

AoE builder:
    #show Phantom Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Planar Splash
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike

Blink:
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk

CoolDowns
    Side Steps
    Defer Death

Defence:
    Guardian Phase
    Guarded Steel
    (turn off Constant Devation)

Note's
    I have made 2 macro's for the builder, but you can use just 1. If you do then rember to to turn on Planar Splash, when you want to AoE. And have it off, when you want to ST.
    If you want to heal out of combat, you can allways just blink/Shift. Becurs of Planar Rejuvenation. heal 20% over 20 sec.

Sorry for my speeling, but im delixic. But i hope you understand it still

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zye View Post
    Hey
    I been playing with this build on beta and on PST. So far from what I been trying, this do good ST and AOE dps, and got mostly all i need when im soloing.
    It has insted alot of resists, armor and endurance. so it will take some big hits to get you down.

For this i use Riftstalker Synergy Crystal

Build
    LINK

Buff's
    Constant Devation
    Planebound Resilience
    stalker Phase
    Leeching Poison
    Lethal Poison

Macro's

ST builder:
    #show Planar Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike

AoE builder:
    #show Phantom Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Planar Splash
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike

Blink:
    #show Shadow Blitz
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Stalk

CoolDowns
    Side Steps
    Defer Death

Defence:
    Guardian Phase
    Guarded Steel
    (turn off Constant Devation)

Note's
    I have made 2 macro's for the builder, but you can use just 1. If you do then rember to to turn on Planar Splash, when you want to AoE. And have it off, when you want to ST.
    If you want to heal out of combat, you can allways just blink/Shift. Becurs of Planar Rejuvenation. heal 20% over 20 sec.

Sorry for my speeling, but im delixic. But i hope you understand it still
    I've been running this build and I've been doing very well with it. I run planar splash and constant deviation pretty much the whole time, with DPS gear on, the killing speed is just fine.

And oh by the, Talisman of the Broken Lich or a similar trinket is HUGE. On my parser it ends up healing for more than planar rejuvination and leeching poison combined. Without it I'd probably have to run with constant deviation off and kill a lot slower.
    Last edited by insodus; 10-17-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Bard is great for solo

Telaran

I been playing with this today and pretty happy with the balance between survivability and dps

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kfh0z.VRkVe.-7

basically similar to my old build , but dont need twin strike for AoE anymore. At 60 ill probably drop 7 points to finish out dex , dodge and strike back in BD and the remainder in RS.

Rift Disciple

This is my third rendition of a solo build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0bxMutoo.Vc.-7

It's big downfall is that I can't just charge into groups of enemies and AoE them down and end at full health. However, I can finish rifts to 5 stages with ease. Gaining Thread of Death and Enfeebling poison will only help this build more as I get it leveled in SL.

It's also nice to run around in perma stealth while going 30% faster.

The big downfall I've found is not so much the lack of healing, but the energy starvation in AoE situations. When I don't have enough energy for Twin Strikes, poisons can't proc, and I die.
    Last edited by hijienx; 10-17-2012 at 11:15 PM.

I was playing around with 44 Riftstalker/14 Assassin/8 Bard yesterday, but only rarely dropped below 95% (unless I was in SP and/or w/ CD up), even without MoR or anything up.

My inclination is to run with specs that are a little more dps-heavy, at least for EI grinding (who knows what SL content will bring?), so I might dip to a 42 Riftstalker/24 Sin-type spec. I'm also playing around with a Sab/RS/Sin spec, but I think it might eschew too much in the way of survivability.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ember Island has changed a little. Defending sourcewell's. The epic mob that comes with adds, all the adds are now epic also. Their hitpoints have been raised to 48K+ and they hit like trucks.

They have been brought up to scale with epic SL level 52 mobs.
    Last edited by Josaline; 10-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast