+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogue Tank Thread

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Tank Thread

There is none. Warrior and Cleric can pull off without even trying. Please fix it, I am currently unable to tank.

I'm simply not feeling any warrior love here. Need more Pacts I say.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Tokuzi View Post
    There is none. Warrior and Cleric can pull off without even trying. Please fix it, I am currently unable to tank.
    Pretty much this.

I have to tell our warrior tank to sit there while I try and maintain threat...
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

Sounds like some bad tanks!

Did you guys know I'm recruiting for my new guild? Join <Mads and Bads> today!
    Morseus - P80 Defiant Mage
    Durandal - P70 Defiant Warrior
    Varkas - P3x Defiant Rogue

Plane Touched

Bad trolls are bad. It is broken.

Bad trolls are bad. It is broken.
    They know it's broken. They're just messing with ya, lol.
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

Plane Touched

I broke my face.

YES, currently in ID and am litterally spamming "instigate" every time its off CD just to TRY and keep it off the warriors, the clerics, there isnt even a chance, this is ridiculous >.> I want my threat back >.<

<Is witness to warriors just standing there and pulling agro off Rogue tanks.

Tank Swapping You Have Been Warned.
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

As a rogue tank I can say that yes, threat is stupid. However, our threat is still above all the DPS, so if your warrior/cleric plays smart, you can complete things without issue. Once our MT stopped all actions when I taunted, we were fine.

Soulwalker

Compared to dps, sure, we can still do dungeons and whatnot.
    But with warriors now getting 2x the aggro and cleric aggro now incrementing with the number of mobs they have, it's just silly.
    The problem here isn't the rogues, it's that they've broken the other two tanking classes.
    First 40 seconds of a fight our cleric tank, with 4 mobs, had 250k overheal. 5x that and that's slightly less than how much aggro he has.

Anyone else feeling that the squishiest tank just got squishier?

Warboss Drak was fun tonight, who needs aoe threat when you can single taunt them all back one by one!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N`ickster View Post
    Warboss Drak was fun tonight, who needs aoe threat when you can single taunt them all back one by one!
    I was laughing cuz after I pulled and did a full AOE rotation, keeping Vortex up and doing a Rift Disturbance + Wrath of the Planes, all my mobs (except the one I was single targeting) just split and ran straight for the cleric. Really?

Rogues are honestly the red-headed stepchild of this game. Se la vi.

Shadowlander

I struggled to maintain aggro on Drak last night in ID, but after awhile, our warrior tank and I learned to work together again (read "he learned to stop with the reaver dots on things I planned to get hit by") and we successfully moved on without other issues. Successful tank swapping on Ituziel and Maklamos. Cleric tanks were easier to work with at least. Our threat definitely felt way to low though. Need to bring that up a bit and drop warriors down a lot. We got a late start and didn't get past 3 bosses last night but I can see warrior threat getting them killed deeper on in ID. (If we frame the argument as that much threat being bad for warriors they'll fix it much faster guys)

Our mitigation is great now at least... so there's some good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    I struggled to maintain aggro on Drak last night in ID, but after awhile, our warrior tank and I learned to work together again (read "he learned to stop with the reaver dots on things I planned to get hit by") and we successfully moved on without other issues.
    It's not perfect but it's working. I noticed some issues while OT opposite a superior geared rogue (ID relic mostly) during the day on lesser content. Found myself adjusting. Not advocating that this should be the new norm but there is a median of threat you can find together if the raid doesn't go all emo while you're searching for it.

I couldn't believe on Drak last night with a 1-of-each tanking setup the Cleric was pulling mobs across the entire fight-zone. Our Rogue never had more than 1 or 2 adds the whole fight and even those 2 would occassionally break off before doubling back. Our Cleric is a notorious drinker (and sexy whilst doing it) and I'm sure he slammed the threat but if we were beginning ID again with pre-ID armor (/shudder) he would have gotten eaten. I'm just saying: Until the threat is fixed other tanks need to restrain themselves and if they don't they're as terribad as dps who don't know their limits.
    Last edited by Laanshor; 10-18-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    DEEPWOOD US
    Visit us here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast