+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Correct me if im wrong, but it seems daggers have been made completly useless

Soulwalker

Default Correct me if im wrong, but it seems daggers have been made completly useless

Now that poisons dont proc with auto attacks, whats the point in daggers? Ive always been a dagger guy pretty lame that they would remove the only reason to carry them "poison procs", buff some talents for dagger users TRION!!!

RIFT Guide Writer

You still need weapons to use abilities.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    You still need weapons to use abilities.
    yeah but there is no incentive too having daggers since they are based on speed for poison damage and you will lose a lot of burst damage by equipping them instead of an Axe or a Sword. There is no talent like mutilate in WOW that requires daggers, so why would anybody use a dagger? I mean ive always used daggers but now I cant because id be at a disadvantage... Im a returning player that was hyped to play again.,, but now no longer now that Daggers are gonna be worthless.... Buff Dagger attacks from behind for more burst damage or somethign!!
    Last edited by TehPrince; 10-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Plane Touched

instead... daggers are exactly equal to sword/axes/maces.... there is no reason to have one type better than the other... and there is still reason to use a dagger.... namely... it dropped before getting a sword/axe/mace... and aesthetics

Stats.

Crazy, I know.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Takemikadzuchi View Post
    instead... daggers are exactly equal to sword/axes/maces.... there is no reason to have one type better than the other... and there is still reason to use a dagger.... namely... it dropped before getting a sword/axe/mace... and aesthetics
    Are sure? I jsut started leveling a new rogue and the daggers im getting are all higher speed lower end damage than the swords and maces? Do you mean in the new content will have daggers that are scaled teh same or....
    Last edited by TehPrince; 10-17-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TehPrince View Post
    I mean ive always used daggers but now I cant because id be at a disadvantage...
    How are you at a disadvantage? You do know ability damage is calculated from the dps of the weapon? If you are worried about the super small auto attack dmg difference over a super short duration fight... then no idea what to say to you since it is INSANELY small if any...

Soulwalker

How are you at a disadvantage? You do know ability damage is calculated from the dps of the weapon? If you are worried about the super small auto attack dmg difference over a super short duration fight... then no idea what to say to you since it is INSANELY small if any...
    Daggers dont hit as hard as Swords or Axes... Its that simple... If your an assassin rogue that relys on burst damage no reason for daggers....
    Last edited by TehPrince; 10-17-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Plane Touched

Are sure? I jsut started leveling a new rogue and the daggers im getting are all higher speed lower end damage than the swords and maces? Do you mean in the new content will have daggers that are scaled teh same or....

yes I am sure. Looking at raid t1(gsb/ros/gp/dh) and above content... all daggers have the exact same dps as swords/maces/axes of equal tier and quality(epic vs epic/ relic vs relic)
    Last edited by Takemikadzuchi; 10-17-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Soulwalker

yes I am sure. Looking at raid t1(gsb/ros/gp/dh) and above content... all daggers have the exact same dps as swords/maces/axes of equal tier and quality(epic vs epic/ relic vs relic)
    Ugh DPS is the same yes but what matters is their top end and low end damage for ability attacks... Without poison damage most fights wont be long enough to make up the difference in PVE and in PVP.... Your forced to equip a sword or axe for burst.....
    Last edited by TehPrince; 10-17-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Plane Touched

Daggers dont hit as hard as Swords or Axes... Its that simple... If your an assassin rogue that relys on burst damage no reason for daggers....
    there should be no reason for that... unless you are lacking the PA for one weapon type vs the other or not factoring any possible ap/crit difference from other stats on said weapons...

Plane Touched

Ugh DPS is the same yes but what matters is their top end and low end damage for weapon attacks... Without poison damage most fights wont be long enough to make up the difference in PVE and in PVP.... Your forced to equip a sword or axe for burst.....
    Am sorry, but no... the top end on a weapon matters for white auto attacks only... ability damage was normalized during ORIGINAL beta to calculate from the weapon's dps.

The only differences between different weapon types with the same Damage number, are autoattack frequency and which PA bonuses affect them.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Soulwalker

there should be no reason for that... unless you are lacking the PA for one weapon type vs the other or not factoring any possible ap/crit difference from other stats on said weapons...
    So the ap and crit stats are higher on daggers to make up the difference?
    Last edited by TehPrince; 10-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.

So the ap and crit stats are higher on daggers to make up the difference?
    There is no difference

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast