+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please Bring Back Shadow Warp (With Suggestion)

Default Please Bring Back Shadow Warp (With Suggestion)

I was bummed to see that Shadow Warp was removed when I logged into the PTS last week because I, as well as many others, find Shadow Warp to be very useful. I understand not wanting to let players keep Planar Vortex up constantly. However, having 3 blinks with 25 second cool downs it is not very difficult to keep Planar Vortex up for 24 of the 25 seconds. The Rift Disturbance cool down is the same duration as Planar Vortex so that makes it even easier to keep the gaps to a minimum.

I thought of a way to bring it back without requiring a talent point but still keep the restriction:

Make it a root ability in the high 30's to low 40's range and have it share a cool down with Shadow Shift. The shared cool down would effectively keep the number of blinks reduced but still give players the option to use the one they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagannn View Post
    I was bummed to see that Shadow Warp was removed when I logged into the PTS last week because I, as well as many others, find Shadow Warp to be very useful. I understand not wanting to let players keep Planar Vortex up constantly.
    This is not why Shadow Warp was removed.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pagannn View Post
    However, having 3 blinks with 25 second cool downs it is not very difficult to keep Planar Vortex up for 24 of the 25 seconds.
    4 blinks. You forgot memory capture/flashback. Although I don't understand the logic for removing it, there was only 1 fight that I actually found it useful for (High priest). the only other times I ever used it was trying to speed the distance between mobs in dungeons.

Plane Touched

I would like to trade Shadow Shift to Shadow Warp which is WAY better for positioning and usefulness compared to Shadow Shift.

Or keep both if possible, but Im happy with a trade!

I'd like to see it come back as well, when asked in the live stream, they passed... there hasnt been and actual reason given for the removal, its utility is nice, would really love to get it back ASAP
    Last edited by Eliera; 10-17-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    4 blinks. You forgot memory capture/flashback. Although I don't understand the logic for removing it, there was only 1 fight that I actually found it useful for (High priest). the only other times I ever used it was trying to speed the distance between mobs in dungeons.
    Akylios and Maelforge being two biggies you want Shadow Warp for.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

The only times i've used shadow warp in pve were in t2 dungeons so i can grab mobs faster... and when i'm soaking for hm mak, so i didn't have to move.

Of the two, the desolation soak is no longer an issue... so all that changed for me was that i go through dungeons slightly slower when i tank.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I'd like to see it brought back as well. Someone told me it was removed because of pvp. If so... **** YOU TRION.

Soulwalker

+ one to bring it back. There is also a post about this in the beta forums with many people wanting it back. Would love an answer as to why they took it out..

Quote Originally Posted by Maniken50 View Post
    + one to bring it back. There is also a post about this in the beta forums with many people wanting it back. Would love an answer as to why they took it out..
    This question was answered in the rogue stream when they revealed the Tactician.

+ Reply to Thread