+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shukaa

Thread: Bring back tablets?

Default Bring back tablets?

Okay in reading Atrius discuss energy on the warrior forums they want people to think about energy management. I find this "odd" with how BD works and also in light of their comments that the changes are supposed to make it possible for a new player to have a small learning curve but whateva.

With this in mind they appear to be going back to the old paradigm regarding energy. Under this circumstance, as much as I hate to say it, should the add energy to tablets again?
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

i think energy management should be done through your actions, not passive buffs.

like "a 5 cp finisher lowers the next casts energy cost by 50%". this way it gives the player a flexibel method to manage his energy.

Rift Disciple

I'd much rather see fervor/living not give any energy boost and just make it a 5% dmg/ap/sp boost. Then energy usage could be re-adjusted as never needing a buff from another player just to use a rotation.
    Last edited by shukaa; 10-17-2012 at 06:01 AM.

No to tablets. Needing to use them was BAD. They just need to fix energy. The warrior dev has told them he'll be looking at their energy and that they should be able to do builder/finisher sequences without running out of energy if they refrain from AoE or OGCD abilities. We should get the same fix, not be forced to beg to farm some consumable to try and fix a broken design.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Rift Disciple

MM's energy management is using an ability with a cast time
    NB's is using dusk strike for max dps gains
    BD is BSP, hundred blades and dancing steel
    SIN is.... welllll.... not attacking and loosing dps

Its going to come down to awareness. I would love to see something implemented for sin and sab (I don't see why you would punish someone for aoeing in an aoe soul)

Quote Originally Posted by crowgora211232 View Post
    MM's energy management is using an ability with a cast time
    NB's is using dusk strike for max dps gains
    BD is BSP, hundred blades and dancing steel
    SIN is.... welllll.... not attacking and loosing dps

Its going to come down to awareness. I would love to see something implemented for sin and sab (I don't see why you would punish someone for aoeing in an aoe soul)
    In a couple of levels, assassin gets a energy regen poison. I think it will turn out to be fine once we learn to master all of our regen tools.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    In a couple of levels, assassin gets a energy regen poison. I think it will turn out to be fine once we learn to master all of our regen tools.
    on pts with only fervor I could sit at 4.4k, but it was painful, the new poison might make a decent difference, but I would like to see thread of death reduce the cost of the following opener

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    That will only fix it (maybe barely) with fervor/LE. Still starved without a buff from another player. Waiting is still your only management option.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i think energy management should be done through your actions, not passive buffs.

like "a 5 cp finisher lowers the next casts energy cost by 50%". this way it gives the player a flexibel method to manage his energy.
    Warriors only have 3 cps...rogues don't matter ;)
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

My point is the contradictions. On the one hand they say they want the builds and rotations to be intuitive and easily figured out by the casual player....then they turn around and do the opposite with energy management. This inconsistency in mission is what is annoying the hell out of me. If the inconsistency remains then tablets appear to be the easiest solution.

Now I will be doing some raiding tonight. We'll see what Fervor/clover does for NB. If it is like it is on live...starve to death on dummy, fine in raid...then no problem. Been doing that for almost 2 years now. If it's not though there is an issue imo. Any system has to be consistent to be successful in the long run and right now, at least based on the info coming out of Trion we do not have that.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Since they removed the energy buff they gave us when they took energy off tablets I guess they should put energy back on tablets. Then we could start another "No tablet" movement and get our energy regen buffed up to 21/second and the energy removed from tablets again.

So yes, let this be the first step in getting +1 energy per second for rogues, passively.

Ascendant

No thanks to the energy from tablets. Speaking of which, tablets are a little skewed now due to the stat changes. Rogues and mages do not benefit very well from tablets at all. I propose making all tablets give +10 str/dex/wis/int.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread