+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Patch 1.11 Roundup

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Cool Patch 1.11 Roundup

Hey ladies, Dun's back!

After a blogging hiatus, I'm back with a vengeance, getting rogues in gear for Patch 1.11. A lot of stuff is changing, but Rogue DPS is going up for sure (though not as much as other classes :x). Here are the preeminent specs.

DPS Specs

Some specs are changing. Some new specs are emerging, and some are just plain dead. 1.11 is a big game-changer.

Howling Destiny Slasher
    42 Bladedancer / 24 Ranger
    This spec has the potential to be the top raid DPS spec in 1.11. Using the the Wolf and DPS talents from Ranger with the new BD improvements, we have a viable build. This was the top-parsing spec for me on the PTS, but its reliant on a fragile pet and may be more trouble than its worth. Other specs were right on its heels.

Full Bladedancer
    51 Bladedancer / 15 Ranger
    This spec emerged as a popular favorite on the PTS and parsed just behind the BD/Ranger hybrid (above) on the dummy, just 100 DPS back. This spec should have slightly better AOE, if you can time it right.

Full Marksman
    51 Marksman / 15 Ranger
    This is the top ranged performer for single target during my time on PTS. Its also a very simple rotation, so it won't take any time at all to learn. With a purge, ranged interrupt and good single target damage, this spec will replace Ranger as the go-to raid spec for almost any situation.

Saboteur
    Coming Soon. Still ironing out the best soul combos. Ran out of time due to pesky job. This spec is still viable for sure for AOE fights.

Other Specs

Solo Bard
    Coming Soon.

Sing & Dancer
    Coming Soon.

The Tank
    51 Riftstalker / 7 Bard / 8 Ranger
    The spec has the same point allocation as 1.10, but very different functionality. Tanks have lost tons of raw mitigation (for example Rift Guard went from 35% absorb to 7%), but gained armor, HP and resists. The final math is an overall loss of damage mitigation, but supposedly mob damage is being lowered as well. We'll see how things shake out. Its hard to imagine any other viable tank specs due to how the new gifts work, but we might see a 36 Bladedancer-variant come Storm Legion.

Raid Bard
    51 Bard / 10 MM / 5 RS
    Here again we have a spec with the same point allocation but different functionality. Bard heals now ignore damage done, and only take it account the Rogue's attack power. This means AP is much more important for bards than any other specs. Bards also get range from the Keen Eye talent, so bard range will be extended to 25m. Bard DPS will go up significantly as well. Probably 3k+ with good HPS as well. Bard is also being simplified and should be a lot more fun to play. Can't wait!

The Spec Graveyard

51 Ranger
    No more 51 Ranger, due to the horrible, horrible pet scaling. The most you can put points into and expect decent damage is 35 Ranger, but you add complexity for no gains over the standard 51 MM build. At least Ranger now makes a good subsoul, with 15Rng and 24Rng making appearances.

Bloodstalker
    Mid-range RS builds no longer have the oomph that they once did. This is a combination of how gifts work, and some of the best DPS abilities being moved deeper into the tree. With Constant Deviation available at 36 points, we'll likely see some RS-based builds making appearances in level 60 raids. I'm excited especially for 40BD/36RS.

Nightblade
    There was a lot of buzz around NB going into PTS testing, but all that buzz amounted to nothing. Before even making it to live, NB seems to be decidedly lacking in DPS, mostly due to bizarre energy issues. If you found a way to make it work, I'd love to hear about it.

51XX with 10MM/5RS
    The 10MM/5RS subsoul is gone. Neither of these are worth points anymore unless you're a bard. This is mostly due to the Weapon/AP talents not being very good. The new hotness for 15point subs are 15Ranger, 10NB/5sin, 10sin/5NB and possibly 6Rng/9NB.

Read more on my blog! Have fun experimenting and please post any results/discoveries/corrections.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 10-17-2012 at 02:49 AM.

When I click on your 51 BD spec it brings to the right page...but it has the wrong tree shown. It shows the 42 BD/ 24 Ranger spec...

Just thought you should know

Rift Disciple

Did you really have better luck with 15 ranger for BD than with 8 NB 7Sin?

Telaran

Tested both variants of BD you gave, neither came even close to the 'standard' variants (51BD/10Sin/5NB) or even 51/8/7.
    Not sure how you got them to parse equally or better...

Ascendant

Proper bard spec is 10mm/5nb.

and 15 rgr is way overrated. the last 5 points are better spent on a third soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Proper bard spec is 10mm/5nb.

and 15 rgr is way overrated. the last 5 points are better spent on a third soul.
    Bard doesn't get much out of 2.5% damage and the same attack power. But it does benefit from having the extra endurance from the RS buff. It's a tossup, but I'd take the 400 hp over 20 more damage on cadence, since that damage doesn't translate into anymore healing.

As for Ranger, explain how some other points are better than 10% damage?

Quote Originally Posted by dchaosblade View Post
    Tested both variants of BD you gave, neither came even close to the 'standard' variants (51BD/10Sin/5NB) or even 51/8/7.
    Not sure how you got them to parse equally or better...
    I'll give em another pass. I did an enormous number of variants. I do know that 42 BD 24 Ranger beat every 51 BD build that I tried.

Thank you for putting up something folks can use. It is early days and I am sure people will begin posting builds, but for now with 1.11 in a few hours, this is much appreciated.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Dun... now my gear is a bit lower than a lot of the people testing so when I looked at the number I broke the differences down into ratios. It felt horrible (due to the energy issues) when solo on a dummy, but when I ran 51 NB 10 Sin 5 bard I was always in the ball park of the blade dancer builds. I just put both Dusk strike and primal in the same macro so that if energy was low primal wacked the mob so I kept consistent dps.

Now it could be that BD finally scales the way people were hoping or the fact I am just better at NB atm with having run 49 nb but not having run BD since 1.3 as well but I think you sell 51 NB short atm.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Chaser

Are you seriously macroing quick strike and precision strike to keen strike...?

Edit limit. NB was behind on the dummy but the 30% from Nightstalker proved to be multiplicative in testing not additive. For my parses at least it looks like the would close the gap between BD and NB on a boss fight.Add in that you can do 60-70% of your dps at ranged, if there are extended disconnects...

It looks good, if continuing the annoying energy issue we have dealt with historically.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Finella View Post
    Are you seriously macroing quick strike and precision strike to keen strike...?
    Me? No. I am macro DUSK STRIKE and primal to help deal with the energy issue Emptiness creates in a Nightblade build. Blade dancer all builders should be seperate.
    Last edited by Galibier; 10-17-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

#show Quick Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

#show Precision Strike
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    he meant Dun's 51 BD

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Me? No. I am macro DUSK STRIKE and primal to help deal with the energy issue Emptiness creates in a Nightblade build. Blade dancer all builders should be seperate.
    Nah, talking about Dunsparrow. Macros like:

#show Quick Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    petcast Maul
    petcast Bite

#show Precision Strike
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    petcast Maul
    petcast Bite

were shown on his blog.

Pretty sure macro lag is still present for keen/precision.

Just parsed again. I'm getting about 4.2k in the 51 BD spec with 7sin/8nb (don't know if I tried that before). Getting 4.1k with the hybrid. So maybe that one is ahead. The 10sin version is far behind, like 3.9k.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast