Closed Thread

Thread: 1.11 Rogue Ranged 35/31 Rang/MM

Default 1.11 Rogue Ranged 35/31 Rang/MM

Posted by Doughnut on PTS Forum.

1.11 Rogue Ranged DPS 35 Ranger/31 Marksman
    Build is....
    Ranger - Eagle Eye 5/5. Predatory Instincts 1/1. Wilderness training 5/5. Thrill of the Kill 2/2. Piercing Shot 1/1.
    Killing Focus 5/5. Double Shot 2/2. Bestial Fury 1/1. Blood Rage 3/3. Prey on the Weak 3/3. King of the Jungle 1/1. Opportunity 3/3. Fast and Furious 2/2. Blood Raptor 1/1.

Marksman - Max out the first tier. 5/5 Increased Fire Power. 2/5 Penetrating Shots. 5/5 Sniper Training. NOTE I ONLY PUT A POINT INTO CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT FOR ITS UTILITY PUT A POINT INTO PENETRATING SHOTS IF YOU DONT WANT ITS UTILITY. Close Quarters Combat 1/1. Killers Instinct 2/2. Master Archer 3/3.Rapid Extrication 2/2. Lock N Load 1/1.

Buffs: Electrified Munitions and Rending Munitions.

Rotation: start off with shadow fire then hit splinter shot. Next empowered shot then head shot. Empowered shot to piercing shot and then quick shot, finish with rapid fire shot. Repeat this setup hitting these builders with priority from greatest to least:
    Shadow Fire
    Splinter Shot (reapply when the DoT hits 0 or wears off)
    Empowered Shot
    Piercing shot
    Quick shot

Finisher priority list:
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Deadeye Shot
    Head shot: NOTE THAT HEAD SHOT IS THE FIRST FINISHER TO BE USED AND THEN YOU MUST MAINTAIN ITS BUFF FOR THE DURATION OF COMBAT TO MAXIMIZE DPS. try to reapply the buff at ~3-0 seconds remaining on the buff.

I parsed very well in this spec and it was the highest i have parsed. Sitting there just smacking a mob with half a bard in a pug ID i was doing ~4700-4800. With switching to the blazing thralls i was doing around 4400. This was with no consumables at all. Not even ascended power ones.

I am a little confused about the rotation for this build and wondered if anyone could help clear it up. I found that Empowered Shot was still on cool down and Shadow fire still ticking when wanting to repeat the rotations, am I missing something about that?
    Last edited by Josaline; 10-16-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Shadowlander

The rotation is actually
    Shadow Fire and Splinter Shot when they drop off. These have to be managed manually.

Empowered shot's CD will be reset and it will instantly cast as long as you're only using rapid fire and deadeye to finish and only using headshot every 60 seconds when the buff falls off. Your normal builder rotation is :

Empowered Shot
    Piercing Shot
    Quick shot

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    Your normal builder rotation is :

Empowered Shot
    Piercing Shot
    Quick shot
    Actually piercing shot hits for less then quick shot, I wouldn't macro that either. If someone else has an armor debuff I wouldn't cast it, as a raid build I don't think I'd choose piercing shot as a talent either.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Hmn not sure I understand this. I was going to go 50 Ranger 16 MM (for electrified munitions).

Not sure why you would forgo Fast & Furious for the Instant cast on Shadow Fire and Splinter Shot (it not being on the Synergy Crystal anymore) and Ace Shot looks too good to pass up.
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

Well like I said, this was posted by someone else on PTS forum. If anyone can make sense of this or post a viable Ranger/MM build instead, all suggestions with rotations, macros and such are welcome. Or for that matter MM/Ranger.
    Last edited by Josaline; 10-16-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    Hmn not sure I understand this. I was going to go 50 Ranger 16 MM (for electrified munitions).

Not sure why you would forgo Fast & Furious for the Instant cast on Shadow Fire and Splinter Shot (it not being on the Synergy Crystal anymore) and Ace Shot looks too good to pass up.
    You do take fast and furious read again you also have instant empowered with lock n' load.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    The rotation is actually
    Shadow Fire and Splinter Shot when they drop off. These have to be managed manually.

Empowered shot's CD will be reset and it will instantly cast as long as you're only using rapid fire and deadeye to finish and only using headshot every 60 seconds when the buff falls off. Your normal builder rotation is :

Empowered Shot
    Piercing Shot
    Quick shot

Shadow Fire should be used when it comes off cooldown and you are at 3 or less combo points. It's a hard hitting builder not a dot.

Also as Mayi said above, don't use Piercing Shot unless you are the designated dps to provide that debuff and don't have it as part of a macro because it debuffs for 15 seconds but has a CD of 5 seconds.
    Bard@Greybriar

T1: Conq, T2: Conq, T3 (Bindings of Blood): 8/8 + HM Maelforge
    I kill, I maim, I fornicate, but as far as my flock is concerned my only vice is a little tipple before Evensong - The baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

I still prefer my version. Which is on the PTS forums as well! In the "Best rogue dps spec" thread or something.

Closed Thread