+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Possible Bightblade bug

Default Possible Bightblade bug

Okay my latency is at like 62 ms so I am confused. More than a few times on my latest parsing using Blazing Strike or Flame Blitz will NOT always refresh Spike. I can be looking at 2-3 left, hit the finisher and then see...2,1,0 dropped.

This is NOT only happening when I am short 5 combo points. (the new ability I know means that it only has a 100% refresh rate if 5 combo points are present.)

Oh btw YES I know I typed Bightblade and not Nightblade lol
    Last edited by Galibier; 10-16-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Soulwalker

I saw this happening as well. I am not very familiar with NB though so I assumed maybe it was something in a macro I am using that is causing it. Is it all NB finisher's reapply Fiery Spike or a %t chance to? I ussually just try to watch for it to keep ticking away and manually reapply it to keep the stacks up.

The same issue happen with Ranger's Opportunity.

There is a small delay between the time you use a finisher (5CPs) and the time Opportunity generate a combo point, if you manage to generate a combo point BEFORE you get the combo point from Opportunity then you will never get the combo point from Opportunity.

The same should apply to Nightblade's Lingering Flame, if you generate a combo point before Lingering Flame kick in, you won't get an extra CP and Fiery spike won't be reapplied.

My experience is with 2-3 seconds remaining so I don'tquite see how this specific bug would apply. 5 combo points...3 seconds left. finisher> 2,1, gone.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    My experience is with 2-3 seconds remaining so I don'tquite see how this specific bug would apply. 5 combo points...3 seconds left. finisher> 2,1, gone.
    If you have 3 seconds left on Fiery Spike at the time you use a finisher and Lingering Flame fail to kick in, Fiery Spike will expire in 3s. It's just that simple.

I'm pretty sure it's the same bug or at least related to the same bug, although I wasn't able to replicate it in melee range.

But if you stand at 20 meters from the dummy, use Flame Thrust then queue Quick Shot right after that, Lingering Flame will fail to kick in every single time. (QS will hit the dummy before Lingering Flame generate a CP).

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

I can't seem to replicate this.

I get my free CP almost instantly after using my Finisher. Or Fiery Spike is refreshed instantly (if you are melee).

Is there some combination you are using?

sometimes I am using the new AE finisher (sorry on live atm) other than that it is all normal and a pure NB rotation in melee range.

It is no where near consistent mind you. I have it happen a number of times on two fights. then barely noticed it if at all on others. That is why I had a "?" lol. Was more interested if anyone else had the issue.
    Last edited by Galibier; 10-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    I can't seem to replicate this.

I get my free CP almost instantly after using my Finisher. Or Fiery Spike is refreshed instantly (if you are melee).

Is there some combination you are using?
    This is possibly being caused by Scourge of Darkness being used at the finisher, which I don't believe ever refreshed Fiery Spike, nor was it supposed to.

NOPE. I am pretty dang familiar for the soul. Ran it for half of the HK mobs in the 49 NB format. It's the "fiery" finishers (for lack of a better term I be using. I personally believe that SoD should trigger it if as the devs have said they want combat to revolve around full combo point rotations but while silly I am not silly enough to think I can will that desire to work on PTS lol.

Telaran

Had the same problem, was parsing and noticed i had lost fiery spike, chalked it up to being lazy and not refreshing after SoD. Started over, paid attention after SoD, and kinda let the FS refreshes from BS float. looked down right before my SoD came up to finish, and my FS was gone again. Re-read the talent thinking i had missed something and we didnt get a 100% chance at 5cps to refresh, and that wasn't the case. So i just chalked it up to me being a baddy. I hope it gets rectified, losing 5 stacks of FS is a big ole kick in the DPS junk for sure.

+ Reply to Thread