+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lack of Commuication again

Default Lack of Commuication again

with 1.11 coming and the flood of feed back in all callings, rogue is the only one with zero head dev feedback... I know its a dead horse I just wanted to beat it one last time.

RIFT Guide Writer

Our Rouge dev is rather active in other private forums. That is what I hear.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Threads like this are probably one of the main reasons he doesn't post here much. This forum is extremely hostile to Ailion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Threads like this are probably one of the main reasons he doesn't post here much. This forum is extremely hostile to Ailion.
    Catch-22 then since one of the major reasons for the hostility is his lack of communication.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

So he's not doing something proactively knowing we will later complaint he didn't do it? Even if that made sense, he has the power to break the chain. We are all very grateful and thankful every time he posts but times like this, with lots of changes and an expansion about to hit, are not the best to be absent.

SL is the start of the next 12-18 months of Rift, wouldn't you want to start it Right.?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Catch-22 then since one of the major reasons for the hostility is his lack of communication.
    He used to post here a lot more. Most of his posts resulted in him immediately being hammered by like 10 people. I'm not denying its a vicious circle and all that, but I kinda watched things develop to this point, and I am pretty sure that threads like this won't make it better.

He used to post here a lot more. Most of his posts resulted in him immediately being hammered by like 10 people. I'm not denying its a vicious circle and all that, but I kinda watched things develop to this point, and I am pretty sure that threads like this won't make it better.
    there is a difference between having 10 "will never be happy till they are OP" people jumping on you and sodding off most everyone. Also when your boss describes your job as providing a service you need a thick skin. You don't have to take "you fffing idiot" insults of course but if you can't take criticism then you really need to just be a programming drone in the basement not a dev who has communicating with the player base as part of the job description.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Yes, of course only rogue dev gets negative feedback about changes from time to time. All other classes always worship theirs.
    Come on, the guy is just not working with the rogue community enough.
    He has almost 5 times less posts than Zibnik, 3 times less posts than Atrius and almost 2 times less posts than Kervik who joined forums 2 months after him.

We are not waiting for him to post so we can bash him, we need to feel that our feedback is reaching him and that he does or doesn't do anything with it.

A communication channel is all we need ...
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 10-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Yes, of course only rogue dev gets negative feedback about changes from time to time. All other classes always worship theirs.
    Come on, the guy is just not working with the rogue community enough.
    He has almost 5 times less posts than Zibnik, 3 times less posts than Atrius and almost 2 times less posts than Kervik who joined forums 2 months after him.
    If we are going by that logic, then lets say a rogue with ohhhhh about 6kish posts should be a better rogue than a rogue with lets say, 50 posts?
    There is a reason he is more active in this other forum, its because they people there are actually helpful, instead of spamming in cap locks OUR DPS IS BAD, WE NEED MOAR ENERGY! Post real feedback, post what is and isnt working in specs. Instead you guys are making pointless threads that are just going to be locked before he even punches in for work. GG.

The answer is that Ailion needs a liason. Liason talks to us, then talks to Ailion, who then brings back answer to us. That way he doesn't get hostility lol.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by TekBlk View Post
    The answer is that Ailion needs a liason. Liason talks to us, then talks to Ailion, who then brings back answer to us. That way he doesn't get hostility lol.
    he needs an intern.... lol
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    with 1.11 coming and the flood of feed back in all callings, rogue is the only one with zero head dev feedback... I know its a dead horse I just wanted to beat it one last time.
    Lets see, he had pretty much every soul/build zeroed in to the correct DPS before any of the other devs. There aren't really any massive game breaking bugs....
    Last edited by Durango; 10-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Lets see, he had pretty much every soul/build zeroed in to the correct DPS before any of the other devs. There aren't really any massive game breaking bugs....
    x1000000000

Devs have stated they were given dps marks across the board. From the looks of how even our dps is, I would assume our dev has this on lock down. Ailion is pretty much a sharpshooter, silent and dead on. While the warrior dev is pretty much Rambo charging in fully loaded

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Pretty much, people like to point to the obviously out of wack warrior specs(which are being or have been brought in line) or a single mage spec which is clearly more effective than intended and say that rogues are ****.

And that may be true. The answer is to then say that and if people challenge you invite them to look at all the changes that need to be done to warriors. Daglar has no problem writing "bad flurry...BAD"

Communication doesn't have to be to say "I am changing something." Actually the perfect scenario is that it is to simply clarify what is already correct so people understand it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast