+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lack of Commuication again

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    He used to post here a lot more. Most of his posts resulted in him immediately being hammered by like 10 people. I'm not denying its a vicious circle and all that, but I kinda watched things develop to this point, and I am pretty sure that threads like this won't make it better.
    Isnt that his job? At least part of his job: communicate with his players!
    And yeah, you can expect to be hammered then. But I am sure that there were enough poster out there who didnt. Sure you can focus on the negative but meh.
    1st rule: never take stuff personal. makes **** so much easier
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    The lack of communication certainly made what happened on PTS a whole lot worse. It would have been nice if he'd left a note saying either: "You guys are fine, the other classes are terribly broken and will be nerfed in line with rogue DPS". Or "Sorry guys, I dropped the ball, the other classes are working as intended and I'll be working overtime to get you up to their level". Instead we got silence. Allowing a patch onto PTS with such horrible imbalance where rogues were bottom DPS by 30% or more and then saying nothing about it was very bad work from the devs. It was demoralizing to the rogue community who wasn't really sure what to make of the difference. We got left scratching our heads wondering if it was something we were doing wrong, or if it was something wrong with the patch itself. With the continued silence we still don't really know where we stand. Are we supposed to be bottom DPS now? If so, what benefit does the rogue bring to the raid?

^ Pretty much this, one line dropped by a dev can make a huge difference, it's a bit disapointing to be left with no informations about the situation.
    eXile Corp- Level 60 Rogue class leader - Icewatch
    Frozen Tempest 4/4 - Endless Eclipse 5/5 - HM 2/4 - GA 4/4

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    The lack of communication certainly made what happened on PTS a whole lot worse. It would have been nice if he'd left a note saying either: "You guys are fine, the other classes are terribly broken and will be nerfed in line with rogue DPS". Or "Sorry guys, I dropped the ball, the other classes are working as intended and I'll be working overtime to get you up to their level". Instead we got silence. Allowing a patch onto PTS with such horrible imbalance where rogues were bottom DPS by 30% or more and then saying nothing about it was very bad work from the devs. It was demoralizing to the rogue community who wasn't really sure what to make of the difference. We got left scratching our heads wondering if it was something we were doing wrong, or if it was something wrong with the patch itself. With the continued silence we still don't really know where we stand. Are we supposed to be bottom DPS now? If so, what benefit does the rogue bring to the raid?
    the problem is that u play on a PTS !!!!!!! ofc communication is nice but they probably change stuff each couple of hours .. do u want him to post each change here ? with the patch today mage+warrior got nerft.

and it is still not final since it---->>>>> PTS !!!!!

as a dev i would post nothing thats not 100% final on a forum couz u guys would jump on him like monkeys if he need to change it again.
    Last edited by Nicething; 10-17-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

I bet today with the patch that rogues are the most balanced out of all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Have you been on the PTS? It's not all that great. Lot of nonsense floating around by a couple members on this forum, but Rogues aren't looking all that great across the board right now.
    In what respects?
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Actually, we don't know if when 1.11 go live, things will be like they are on PTS, or if balance has been done !

Would like to know this information !
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

Quote Originally Posted by Exterm View Post
    Actually, we don't know if when 1.11 go live, things will be like they are on PTS, or if balance has been done !

Would like to know this information !
    Some people in my guild were saying that Zoomancer got heavily nerfed on the PTS last night. Based on the mage forum threads, it's no longer a viable spec. I'm not too familiar with the other mage specs, but from what people are saying, I think mages are roughly in line with rogues and clerics now.

Maybe warriors are still high, or maybe they were nerfed as well. Don't know.

I was parsing on pts this morning with 4 mages beating on the same dummy. Not one of them came even close to my numbers (roughly 4.7 in BD). Now, it is not a good indicator of the mage nerf, of course, but it was suspicious to see such low numbers Having said that, I do believe rogues are in better shape than most classes (as far as balance goes) So can we just give our dev a break for god sake? Do we really need a constant "hand holding" and reassuring that "things will be ok!" ?

My 2 cents Cheers

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crowgora211232 View Post
    I bet today with the patch that rogues are the most balanced out of all the classes.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.
    Depends on what he means by it.

If he's saying that rogues are most in line with the intended DPS numbers, with specs falling roughly where they want them to, then that's a reasonable statement. (Not saying everything is perfect, but it's still fairly good.)

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Depends on what he means by it.

If he's saying that rogues are most in line with the intended DPS numbers, with specs falling roughly where they want them to, then that's a reasonable statement. (Not saying everything is perfect, but it's still fairly good.)
    This. Are we in the best shape ever? No. Is the energy issue fixed? Not so much, but overall rogues are not "broken". We are not doing 7k dmg on a dummy with no raid buffs, but I dont think we are supposed to. At the same time, we are not doing less than before 1.11. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But it is my personal opinion (and everyone is more than welcome to disagree) that rogues are, in fact, BALANCED.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Milana View Post
    This. Are we in the best shape ever? No. Is the energy issue fixed? Not so much, but overall rogues are not "broken". We are not doing 7k dmg on a dummy with no raid buffs, but I dont think we are supposed to. At the same time, we are not doing less than before 1.11. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But it is my personal opinion (and everyone is more than welcome to disagree) that rogues are, in fact, BALANCED.
    This is true, someone has to bring up the bottom in order for warriors to be on top . . . thus creating balance.

Ascendant

I think that the Rogue, Cleric and Mage are roughly, give or take a couple hundred here and there of course, where they are supposed to be for DPS. The numbers on the builds are at least fairly close between them. The problem is that Warriors are such a god awful mess right now; not that everyone else is horrifically underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by crowgora211232 View Post
    Balanced between specs but most certanly not balanced across classes, warrior dps is inane compared to ours.

I feel like we just do not get enough information as are dev feels we are not worth talking too, Three whole posts, while it is a lot more than we have gotten in the past is still very sub par. Please just talk to us!

Quote Originally Posted by TekBlk View Post
    The answer is that Ailion needs a liason. Liason talks to us, then talks to Ailion, who then brings back answer to us. That way he doesn't get hostility lol.
    He needs a Zyzyx.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3