+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bow travel time = DPS loss; should be fixed

Default Bow travel time = DPS loss; should be fixed

They really need to fix this issue, right now it seems like taking a bow is just a poor option. By far the most noticeable fight for this is Maelforge phase1 since you're actually at 55-60m range due to his positioning and weird hit box. When I tried using my new bow I noticed the CP lag immediately, I was having to wait past the GCD for the 5th CP and would end up with 4CP finishers if I hit the finisher immediately after the ability that was giving me that 5th CP went off. I seemed to lose around 400 DPS from this vs. switching back to a gun. At the time I had max PA for both the gun and bow, Packmaster's Howl vs. Tarnished Bow of Carved Bones.

Now, that's probably the worst case fight for this but it's really noticeable on any fight where you're at max range. If the server (or you) is lagging at all then it's about that bad as well. It also makes trick shot CP delay go from bad to unplayable. I haven't tried sab with it but I think it also gets messed up by this as well.

The problem has been around forever but I think this would be a good time to being it up again and (hopefully) get it fixed. For now I'm pretty much giving up on bows again, which is a shame since the art team has done a good job with them and there are some bows with great stats out there, including the ID ranged relic for rogues.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

I'm fairly certain they said that bow and gun will function the same in SL. I remember Daglar saying this. I'll try to find his post.
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

Ascendant

Sab still experiences some delay on Maelforge, mostly due to the charge flight time. However, "currently" (last checked when 1.11 was first pushed on PTS) on PTS, sabo bombs have a travel time, even with a gun.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Plane Touched

With saboteur you generally have a travel time in all of your abilities so you actually need to adjust your rotation or go into ~10m - melee range... just what I do on Laethys now ^^ I actually like the mechanics of bombs and charges having travel time for pvp but on pve it just messes up your rotation when flinging a bomb at 5 charges, going to set up another set of other 5 charges but blowing off the first of these with your bomb... while actually not contributing to anything.

Plane Touched

If I am not mistaken, it is fixed right now on the PTS for 1.11...

Sab is playable with a bow on PTS. I won't go as far as saying the DPS with bow and gun are the same because I didn't test that.

But playing Sab with a bow doesn't feel like you are playing with 3000ms latency anymore and that's a huge improvement.

Plane Touched

Well yeah as I said I actually liked the travel time thing about Saboteur but I can live without it as well... the problem that exists now (sry for being off topic here =D) is that you don't have the energy to play it all that well now.
    I can't even get into that part of the rotation anymore where travel time would matter. Yay?

Yup, seems fixed on the PTS to me. Woot!
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

+ Reply to Thread