+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rogue 1.11

Ascendant

Default Rogue 1.11

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ess-notes.html

Link ~ this list is not a surprise for anyone involved in the beta, but is a massive amount of information otherwise. Discuss
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

This is the first time I've seen any of these changes.

I will have to wait until this patch goes live to discuss my experience playing with any of them.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Disciple

Still energy starved (45 secs doing quickshot with headshot finishers in ranger for example). Being forced to completely stop attacking until energy comes back just feels wrong.

Some assassin builds I was starved in about 15 seconds.

Will take some time to find new specs.
    Last edited by shukaa; 10-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by shukaa View Post
    Still energy starved (45 secs doing quickshot with headshot finishers in ranger for example). Being forced to completely stop attacking until energy comes back just feels wrong.

Some assassin builds I was starved in about 15 seconds.

Will take some time to find new specs.
    pretty sure the no energy starvation was assuming fervor/le

Still energy starved with heavy assassin and nightblade even with fervor.

Oh fun fact Vampiric Essense (the PA ability) does not work on PTS, submitted bug report already.
    Last edited by TekBlk; 10-10-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

Starved particularly fast when AoEing, also watched a warrior AoEing right next to me, never dropped below 80%

Finishers cost less energy then combo builders, try using finishers more often and not building to 5 combo points. In general the aoe builds won't starve, single target builds starve really easily.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I love the Bard changes so much
    Even free cost too much now

Energy is still an issue with deep nightblade. The change to dusk strike creates an issue. It is spammable but the stacking damage buff's energy cost increase I think makes the build more energy starved than it is on live. If energy issues were supposed to be reduced for rogues this seems an odd mechanics choice.

Also they have over time seemed to say "we do not want serrated blades to be THE go too DoT for rogue builds." First making it only work in melee and now making it deeper in Sin. Now though for melee builds it looks like they have just replaced Serrated blades with Fiery spike. If you do not want SB to be a goto ability why create a situation where all you have done is replaced it?

Mayi I get that finishers cost less BUT, and here is the issue, Ailion specifically stated they want the game to revolve around 5 point rotations. If that is their explicit goal, then damn it, the design should reflect it. Also not building to 5 combo points can create issues. Example SoD. I am fairly sure you will have a PITA of a time trying to get 5 combo points and 5 stacks of heat retention at the same time. Same would apply to impale to an extent. Some finishers just need 5 stacks imo to be worth even having in your rotation.
    Last edited by Galibier; 10-10-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

After a little bit of playing around I have the following questions:
    With Precision Strike now having no cooldown what's the point of Quick Strike?
    With Annihilation Bomb no longer having a stun it no longer serves any purpose that Frag Bomb doesn't already do.

Also Sabs are energy starved

RIFT Guide Writer

Current assassin:
    Keep up Impale on a 20 second timer but combo points don't really align naturally and you have no decent way to correct that since all builders are 1 combo points now.
    Keep up puncture manually once per 10 seconds.
    Stay behind target for backstab.
    Keep up fiery spike manually every 8-9 seconds, if you miss the window by a second it either drops or is clipped for a big dps loss.
    Keep up state of sloth manually on a 5 second timer.
    Use thread of death every 30 seconds with and follow with jagged strike.
    Use serpent strike on cooldown and making sure you don't waste the combo point.

It's just extremely clunky and not at all fun. Fiery spike is the worst of all since with the others you can at least have some margin but manual fiery spikes just ruin it.

State of sloth on the other hand is just overpowered for its point cost and location, you can't even do ranged builds without it now.

not in game atm but I think quick hit's harder. so u use precision to get to a finisher faster.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    not in game atm but I think quick hit's harder. so u use precision to get to a finisher faster.
    Yeah it does 100-200 more damage, but getting your finisher off faster seems to be a lot more damage overall.

Plane Touched

I was actually very excited reading these changes since I was not on the beta.

To the state of sloth guy: you mean twilight force, right?
    Also a general problem for bladedancer seems to be the energy cost of rhytmic abilities, making you cut yourself by 10 energy every time...
    Annihilation bomb deals more dmg than fragmentation bomb due to the added 50% weapon dmg, I guess it will probably just deal a bit more dmg... It would be strange with the higher cooldown to not deal more dmg.

Sabo gets energy starved because the bombs cost more energy, also carpet bombing and quick sabotage cost 10 energy each...

Also with most combopoint building abilities giving away only a single point they actually increased the general energy cost of abilities -_-

Did they actually change the energy regeneration rate? Because otherwise nice move trion for telling us energy won't be that much of a problem and then adding energy cost to... everything.

Here I thought energy starvation would not be an issue anymore. Hell, I'll just use my mage as damage dealer and bard with my rogue...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast