+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really basic SIN rogue questions from a new player

Soulwalker

Default Really basic SIN rogue questions from a new player

Hi, I have a 37 rogue and was wondering a few things.

What exactly is "perma stealth" and how is this obtained? I have stealth but what does it mean when people say "permanent stealth" ?

Is it weird or odd to use combo builders from other souls? For example I use Keen Strike then use Quick strike after that. But I use finishers from the SIN soul. Also my soul points go all the way up the SIN line to get slip away. I primarily PVE quest on a quiet server

Or should I only use builders and finishers from the same soul?

I use the buffs from all my souls when I can.

Also coming from WoW, where Rogues are now ruined, I used to have a list of hit caps, crit caps etc etc for max level from Elitist Jerks. Does anyone know of a site like that for RIFT so I know I wont be whiffing on my melee attacks all the time in dungeons?
    Last edited by natalka; 10-10-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natalka View Post
    Hi, I have a 37 rogue and was wondering a few things.

What exactly is "perma stealth" and how is this obtained? I have stealth but what does it mean when people say "permanent stealth" ?

Is it weird or odd to use combo builders from other souls? For example I use Keen Strike then use Quick strike after that. But I use finishers from the SIN soul. Also my soul points go all the way up the SIN line to get slip away. I primarily PVE quest on a quiet server

Or should I only use builders and finishers from the same soul?

I use the buffs from all my souls when I can.

Also coming from WoW, where Rogues are now ruined, I used to have a list of hit caps, crit caps etc etc for max level from Elitist Jerks. Does anyone know of a site like that for RIFT so I know I wont be whiffing on my melee attacks all the time in dungeons?
    1) Perma stealth is obtained in your Assassin soul via point Buy. It means you have permenant stealth instead of a timer on it which all the other rogue souls which use stealth have. assassin is the only soul with that ability.

2) No its not wierd to use builders from other souls if you look at Zyzyxs Rogue Bible you will see several builds there with rotations and macor set ups that will get you set on the right path.

3) soloing through the lvling process youll be fine using a deep sin build its challinging and fun. Sin is primarily secondary soul for the Top PVE DPS classes or not used past 36 points as its primary. For what ever reason Assassin did not translate well into game play with its sustainability as a 51 point build in end game, which is sad it lacks in all area's of the game really IMO they should have stuck to the logical theory of it being top melee ST dps that most MMO's follow. Its better then it was at launch but its still not great, rogues in general suffer from energy consumption and regeneration. its pretty much the only Base class that is routinely out of fuel .

4) I beleive in Zyzyx's rogue bible youll find all the break down on stats and caps. your Hit is very important its your primary req for raiding and end game 5 mans. all th info youll need can be found here http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-bible.html

+ Reply to Thread