+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a theorycrafting community for rogues?

Soulwalker

Default Is there a theorycrafting community for rogues?

I haven't seen anyone doing predictive theorycrafting or even documenting parameters and behavior. In preparation for SL I was planning to do some research and figure out what was changing when I realized that I had no baseline.

Does anyone have a pointer to a forum or even an up-to-date post about parameters like combat mechanics (e.g. miss and dodge chance and why Hit rating has no effect on them, internal cooldowns for abilities and talents and AP contributions for specific powers)?

I ask because when I started doing parses last night I found some things which surprised me and I want to know what is considered "typical" or WAI compared to things which are probably bugs. (How many of you knew that rogues can crit ranged auto-attacks but mages cannot, for example?)

Quote Originally Posted by Alstius View Post
    I haven't seen anyone doing predictive theorycrafting or even documenting parameters and behavior. In preparation for SL I was planning to do some research and figure out what was changing when I realized that I had no baseline.

Does anyone have a pointer to a forum or even an up-to-date post about parameters like combat mechanics (e.g. miss and dodge chance and why Hit rating has no effect on them, internal cooldowns for abilities and talents and AP contributions for specific powers)?

I ask because when I started doing parses last night I found some things which surprised me and I want to know what is considered "typical" or WAI compared to things which are probably bugs. (How many of you knew that rogues can crit ranged auto-attacks but mages cannot, for example?)
    Every chance for SL is under NDA. so you wont get far with that atm, only if you have acces to beta(but then you cant share it anyway)
    on top of that: everything you will experience in current specs, could be totally different in 1.11 or 2.0(for example the crit on auto-attacks)

bout the rest => i dont know :P
    Last edited by NearioNL; 10-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Soulwalker

The problem is that even without SL data there's nothing documented anywhere that I can find about current live.

When I started doing basic analysis last night to build a framework I discovered some of the following things.

At 50th level attacking a 50th level normal monster dummy in Meridian:
    * Hit ranging from 1 to 420+ does not change the basic ~3% miss+dodge rate of auto-attacks. (Over repeated 15-minute parses, 346 attacks, 335-338 hits consistently.)
    * Rogues (at least the Ranger/Marks build I was testing with) can crit ranged auto-attacks. Mages cannot. (Miss/dodge rate is identical though)
    * As you would expect, auto-attacks do damage based only on weapon damage (listed for comparison to the next item).
    * Double Attack does not proc anywhere close to 50% on auto-attacks. It does not do damage based on weapon damage. It does not do damage based strictly on AP but might have some sort of sliding scale for AP contribution. It probably also has an internal cooldown because when you combine a builder with your auto-attack the number of Double Attack procs does not scale as the total number of attacks.

So trying to isolate one talent (Double Attack) and describe it well enough that you could predict its behavior in a new 1.11 (or SL if you like) build is non-trivial.

Yeah, I am planning on doing a bunch more stat analysis between now and 1.11 but I'd love to find some stuff that I can just verify instead of having to generate it all from scratch.

Don't bother, you cannot predict the behavior of anything in 1.11 by using live data.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread