+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sins Only Good For Ganking The Weak?

Rift Disciple

Default Sins Only Good For Ganking The Weak?

I been back in Rift for almost 2 months, and tried most souls in pve and pvp. I have to say the Sin needs some love. For now they are only good for ganking open world inferiors and tip toeing around in pve. I tried a few styles as a sin in pvp....the cc's doesnt quite do the trick. Opponents break out of it and have to chase the bunny hoppers down again with my Twilight Force....in the mean time, they have friends and eventually have to vanish anyways. The burst damage doesn't quite cut it. Lack of survivability in pvp...is basically suicide trying to get in the back to take out support and playing an effective team roll.

Other souls it is for now.

/sadface
    Last edited by Hashashin; 10-09-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Ascendant

Pretty much . . . Physical damage is useless in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Pretty much . . . Physical damage is useless in PVP.
    Pretty sure Sab is physical damage.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Yeah, just such a huge OP amount of it that the mitigation doesn't matter.

Sadly this is the case. Ithink rift is a great game but they were very short sighted in not addressing this issue. its been bad since launch rogue players have been limited to a couple of very hybridy builds with unorthodox rotations using secondary effects of the rift stalker soul to even compete.

The rogue Dev needs to be replaced with someone who cares or someone who can take the limitless amount of feed back the guide writers have provided them with to fix the melee rogues in general.

Sabo = earth and physical, Annihilation bomb(carpet bombing makes this a lot of sab damage), chem and time bomb are all earth

Not real sure what spec you are running haven't seen many sin builds with Twilight Force, plenty of NB builds with it though. Most sin builds are 51 sin for an insane amount of ST burst damage then slipaway and let DOT's finish them off or the "bloodstalker" type of builds. With enough in RS to gain some decent survivability and enough blinks to keep up with some of the better kitting players. I use BD in mine for interrupting and a bit more self healing when needed plus a small amount of AE(mostly use this for soloing but have used it for PVP).

I have been on both sides of sin builds and it comes down to the players skill and having a build that suits what they are trying to do. A good sin will burn my sabo build down before I know what to do, a bad one or one with a weak build will let me break free stun them(Annihilation bomb) and let the kitting begin, and if this is the case they had better hope RS and C-bombing are on CD.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post
    I been back in Rift for almost 2 months, and tried most souls in pve and pvp. I have to say the Sin needs some love. For now they are only good for ganking open world inferiors and tip toeing around in pve. I tried a few styles as a sin in pvp....the cc's doesnt quite do the trick. Opponents break out of it and have to chase the bunny hoppers down again with my Twilight Force....in the mean time, they have friends and eventually have to vanish anyways. The burst damage doesn't quite cut it. Lack of survivability in pvp...is basically suicide trying to get in the back to take out support and playing an effective team roll.

/sadface
    Ya I agree. I play warrior and don't worry about sins at all. The only time I have the least bit of trouble is if my cc breakers are down - that's rare because sins attack from stealth where there is no combat. Sins need help.

Sin comes down to the player as spowers said, a good sin can rip through any body it just takes set up and learning to take advantage of the situation. Sin is a pretty nice build but you have to understand how to play it in each situation and do some research into paying attention to others buffs so you know what you are up against and how to counter specific moves.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

Bleeds ignore armor (iirc) and blast/shrap ignore 50% armor.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Sabo = earth and physical, Annihilation bomb(carpet bombing makes this a lot of sab damage), chem and time bomb are all earth

Not real sure what spec you are running haven't seen many sin builds with Twilight Force, plenty of NB builds with it though. Most sin builds are 51 sin for an insane amount of ST burst damage then slipaway and let DOT's finish them off or the "bloodstalker" type of builds. With enough in RS to gain some decent survivability and enough blinks to keep up with some of the better kitting players. I use BD in mine for interrupting and a bit more self healing when needed plus a small amount of AE(mostly use this for soloing but have used it for PVP).

I have been on both sides of sin builds and it comes down to the players skill and having a build that suits what they are trying to do. A good sin will burn my sabo build down before I know what to do, a bad one or one with a weak build will let me break free stun them(Annihilation bomb) and let the kitting begin, and if this is the case they had better hope RS and C-bombing are on CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by TekBlk View Post
    Sin comes down to the player as spowers said, a good sin can rip through any body it just takes set up and learning to take advantage of the situation. Sin is a pretty nice build but you have to understand how to play it in each situation and do some research into paying attention to others buffs so you know what you are up against and how to counter specific moves.
    Sins have tons of possibilities, thanks to a variety of interesting subsouls. The trick is that a Sin needs to pick his fights carefully, unless his play-style is that of a blinking crackdonut, in which case it won't matter. I've seen plenty of both and know for sure, that they "can" beat nearly every opposing spec (yes, even warriors). It always depends on the situation and whether all their CDs are ready, as TekBlk already noted, so you need to think in a more sneaky way, rather than pop into the middle of combat like the typical warrior for example. The latter can also work, tho, should your opponent possess the attention span of a doormat.

Btw Sins use poisons, which count as water damage. The only Role that relies on pure physical damage is the Bladedancer.
    Last edited by Cornu; 10-10-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Cornucopia - lvl60 Rogue -|- R80 [Brutwacht EU] - | - Guild: Vanen

/facedesk.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post

/sadface
    Yeah it's for ganking in open world and duels because its lacking defensive cds and mobility like mm, nb/rs to continue to due damage and reposition in warfronts. One spec can't do everything haha ^^
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Rift Disciple

I may have to give the sin another go for small mans. I am just now starting to get reaper gear and R40. Sounds like I didnt have enough punch a few weeks ago with vengence when I messed with it for a week. I rather play a Sin, where it's more than mashing a couple macros and feels like skill. Sabs got me to where I am in rank progression since I returned to game...thanx to Sabs easy mode for zerg farming. But I still only see a very limited roll for the Sin. ie. Sab's 8 second silence from range makes it hard to think Sin when it comes to small mans and taking out the back support. Cuz there is a chance that heals are right behind me when one gets focus fired trying to do the right thing.

Sins I find are more challenging and interesting, why I would like to succeed with such.

If you want it to be.

Sins are amazing if nobody is healing. NB's are for fighting the healers
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-10-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Yeah it's for ganking in open world and duels because its lacking defensive cds and mobility like mm, nb/rs to continue to due damage and reposition in warfronts. One spec can't do everything haha ^^
    it's just sad, that because for the last year a Sin as less and less of a place doing anything, most of the cc doesnt work on mobs in instances.. or they all have truesight..., in pvp it was not adventagious to play a sin in group battles for obvious reasons... such as lack of dmg.. lack of aoe.. lack of mitigation and lack of mobility (something we use other souls for.. and things other classes happen to have in a single soul.)

the improvements coming to sin will allow them to utilize more of their from stealth abilities.. but it still lacks all of the other things to give it the oomph it needed.. with purging out the window for coming pvp, along with healing debuffs.. we can only hope they drastically bump up the burst st dmg (which has not happened as of yet) to sufficient levels that would compete.. and make rogue something to fear and not something to /lawl at and bounce off of to get deeper into the raid.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 10-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast