+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat Retention and KaruulAlert

Soulwalker

Default Heat Retention and KaruulAlert

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been answered before, as my search fu has let me down once more, however I recently have been trying out the 49NB/17Sin build from the rogue guides section, and I recently installed KaruulAlert to try it out. Now I can get it to track the normal 30 seconds for our Heat Retention, however I can't get it to track either the 30% finisher buff (it has the same buff name) or get it to show the actual # of stacks. Has anyone found a workaround to this. Now granted, I could look up each time at my buffbar, however, not only am I lazy, but as I'm kind of new to the spec any help is appreciated.

Hopefully someone found something that can work around this, so I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Deakscauz View Post
    Hey all,

Sorry if this has been answered before, as my search fu has let me down once more, however I recently have been trying out the 49NB/17Sin build from the rogue guides section, and I recently installed KaruulAlert to try it out. Now I can get it to track the normal 30 seconds for our Heat Retention, however I can't get it to track either the 30% finisher buff (it has the same buff name) or get it to show the actual # of stacks. Has anyone found a workaround to this. Now granted, I could look up each time at my buffbar, however, not only am I lazy, but as I'm kind of new to the spec any help is appreciated.

Hopefully someone found something that can work around this, so I appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Mine blinks when the 5 stacks have been reached...

RIFT Guide Writer

There are two different buffs named heat retention, the one with the stacks and the +30% to finisher damage. Once you reach 5 stacks you get the finisher buff. Karuulalert tracks buffs by name and last one has priority so when you reach 5 stacks it switches to the finisher buff. Best you can do is track your stacks when you are building them up so you don't get confused when your addon suddenly tells that you only have 1 stack instead of 5.

Some other addon might track them with a different identifier than name and show them better.

The problem is that both buffs have the same name and the same duration, 30 seconds. From inspecting the results of the API call Inspect.Buff.Detail, the stacking buff uses an icon named InternalizeHeat and the finisher buff uses InternalizeHeat3b.

Karuul Alert cannot distinguish between the two so you cannot use it as a monitor. However, if you use the Gadgets addon you can create a buff gadget that only shows Heat Retention and this will allow you to have a movable frame that only shows the 2 variants of Heat Retention.

Rift Master

I don't know about KaruulAlert, but what I found annoying about nkRebuff was, that all buffs seemed to be displayed with 1s delay. In essence, you'd waste one additional gcd even when you had 5 stacks.
    Not using those addons anymore though, couldn't be bothered with setting up KaruulAlert. Though they were helpful learning stuff

+ Reply to Thread