+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rift Scavenger gone?

Prophet of Telara

Default Rift Scavenger gone?

Is Trion serious about removing rift scavenger? and if so why?

I've played my Assassin / Rift Stalker as a solo for zone events and just running around having fun and my build has been the same with little change since I started playing rift a year and half ago. I have no interest in Tactician after the failed reveal on the beta shard, what a dumb way to reveal a new soul imo.

If rift scavenger is removed this would for me be a game breaker and I would most likely unsub because none of my builds will work for solo play anymore, imo they should add new souls that will help old souls, NOT change what we have already.

side note: Didn't Trion learn from the warrior nerf about a year ago when all those guys left the game?

Your thoughts, opinions, information, feel free to post below thanks
    Last edited by Amarayna; 10-06-2012 at 09:33 PM.

breach of nda detected

I agree on the way they presented the soul was unprofessional reminds me of the presentations we used to have at primary school, but as for the soul changes i think it has to be done long ago because we simply got bored of the combination we have and the changes will give us more/new options .

Is that a serious question?

That they placed combo points on the rogue itself (which is a change many have been asking for for a long time) should be an obvious explanation as to why talents like rift scavenger, which operates off of remaining CP on the mob, would be reworked and/or removed.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

The only way I can phrase this without breaking the NDA is *every* soul in the game is changing. This means every build is changing. This means you will have to find a new solo spec(there are a few viable ones).
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    breach of nda detected
    Whatever nda is and I really don't care, I'm not in beta and this information comes to me from the rift forum itself and vent.

Now comment or please be quite, thank you!
    Last edited by Amarayna; 10-07-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Is that a serious question?

That they placed combo points on the rogue itself (which is a change many have been asking for for a long time) should be an obvious explanation as to why talents like rift scavenger, which operates off of remaining CP on the mob, would be reworked and/or removed.
    Yes it's a serious question, and placing the combo points on the rogue is fine with me, but at least give me some kind of self heal like rift scavenger so I can solo the same as I did before or better

DB1

Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    Yes it's a serious question, and placing the combo points on the rogue is fine with me, but at least give me some kind of self heal like rift scavenger so I can solo the same as I did before or better
    Stop trolling spec in brd or tac to heal while soloing.

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    Yea, because I wanna lower my dps while soloing with bard or tact in my build just for a heal? lol

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    Try playing a rogue before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift scavenger change is almost certainly due to the combo points being changed from an external to an internal mechanic.

Because of the combo point change there is potential for abuse when it comes to rift scavenger. What they need to do to shore up the healing gap is give BD, riftsalker, or another soul a salvation like ability.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-07-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Default rogue

my main since beta4 has been a rogue, i was a little upset about the MM changes that brought about new vamp and ele munitions after a few months got use to it....
    what they are doing this time around is plain and simple ; trion is only appeasing the masses MM is no longer a viable PvP spec sad but true
    just as trion removed the weapons from the hidden cairns around and from the puzzles to make people use the LFD tool trion has removed the rogue from tanking and made a mage take its place
    sad really everyone just roll a mage and cheer for trion answering to the masses don't bother trying to get RS revamped it is no longer useful to trion
    they do not care what we think they care what they hear.....
    98% of the scrubs play dps, so 98% of buffs and updates are for PvE dps
    rift has changed; not for the good IMHO
    I personally have requested a full refund for a waste of money after 2 hours of beta, this company only wants to listen to the people who want "higher" dps the rogue tank is dead live with it
    or walk away as i have sad really

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

troll post
    or uninformed poster

riftstalker has many many MANY ways to stay alive.... u will see
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    troll post
    or uninformed poster

riftstalker has many many MANY ways to stay alive.... u will see
    +1.

To those calling it quits based on a poor excuse for a reveal that got trolled by anyone within range on the beta server...you probably were not serious gamers to begin with.

This just in...the sky is blue! That must mean Trion hates Rogues and Warriors!
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

DB1

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Try playing a rogue before you post.
    lol try checking my sig b4 u post....

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast