+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman, Armor... confused

Rift Disciple

Default Marksman, Armor... confused

So, because I normally just come on play and leave.. I don't pay too much attention to a lot of stuff on the game (nor do I always have time, this is where I relax/zombie out)... like... multiple sets of armor?

So, here is what I have.. I have full armor set with crystal of Reaper's armor, rings, necklace and synergy crystal oh and bow. Don't know who told me when they finally convinced me to come play rift again that this was some of the best stuff BEFORE going into experts or higher raids (Which I have yet to do)

I do a lot of farming, events, and IAs on this rogue. I hate pets so I won't use Ranger and I like that I can solo a lot of stuff in Stillmoor etc, like IAs (Even if Im doing the work for 3 people).

But, I am told that there is better....

What SHOULD I have to do better DPS and have better armor... and why isn't this one good? I worked my butt off doing Conquest to death to get it.

I believe the reaper's armor comes with stats such as +toughness which is only useful for people who are attacking.

A DPS set does not have toughness on it, and generally has an AP stat as well as higher strength/dex values or higher crit values.

there is a spreadsheet in my sig that might help you

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    I believe the reaper's armor comes with stats such as +toughness which is only useful for people who are attacking.

A DPS set does not have toughness on it, and generally has an AP stat as well as higher strength/dex values or higher crit values.
    He was referring to the p50 rogue set, and yes it is a good start gear wise for pve. With just the weps themselves should give you enough hit to start experts, so if your wishing to get into the pve side of the game as well your going to eventually have to grind out a whole other gear set specifically for pve. In other words the valor stat is useless in pve, you'll slowly be replacing these pieces with gear that has hit or toughness if you decide to start tanking.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    He was referring to the p50 rogue set, and yes it is a good start gear wise for pve. With just the weps themselves should give you enough hit to start experts, so if your wishing to get into the pve side of the game as well your going to eventually have to grind out a whole other gear set specifically for pve. In other words the valor stat is useless in pve, you'll slowly be replacing these pieces with gear that has hit or toughness if you decide to start tanking.
    You don't need a whole set. Just Head, Gloves, Weapons, Necks, and Rings. If you have the R50 set then you'll be better off this way until you get in to ID. In fact, the R50 weapons with hit/focus runes are better than anything you will get before ID as well . . . so really it's just head, gloves, neck, and rings.

Telaran

Your current armor is a PvP set, the pieces have extra endurance and some PvP only stats like Vengeance and Valor on them, same for your synergy crystal. Not to say that it can't be used in PvE, as long as you have enough hit for the content you are doing. And you should be doing more damage in full r50 gear than someone wearing full T1 raid gear.

The PvE upgrades for your armor would be from the HK and ID token vendors and using the HK synergy crystals. You can get these tokens(2 separate currencies) from raiding in HK and ID, random expert dungeon rewards, master mode dungeon rewards, and from the weekly 10 and 20man raid quests.

HK is done as a plat run, or just outright PuGged on most servers now, and the more active servers have ID plat runs if you aren't interested in getting into a raiding guild and raiding on a regular basis.

Rift Disciple

I am just like OP....pvp to unwind and don't get caught up with much else. Just knowing other souls and builds to help optimize my PvP. I have done countless raids/dungeons for well over 10 years. Used to be that soon as I needed a pve piece to a pvp template, I found myself raiding more than pvping. Tis why I came back to Rift...I dont need no stinking PvE here! Unless there is pvp attached to a boss

+ Reply to Thread