+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did a patch break crit percentages

Default Did a patch break crit percentages

So in ID last night I noticed that my, and all other rogues, crit percentages were all in the 35%ish range. I first noticed it on warboss in ranger and assumed it my be lower pet crit rating but after checking that is is low even for my raptor(44% raid buffed) and mine is 64% raid buffed. All the same the pet invites way to much rng to be sure so I went sabo, cant remember exactly what my crit %age is in raids with it but 45.06% self buffed no vial, same result in an over all crits of 36% and was the same ranger as MM on itzy. Has anyone else notice a very low crit hit %age as of late? Yes I am aware of crit rng based but to be 30+% low in multiple different specs at some point should remove the rng factor and at least once should have seen a decent critical percentage. I checked raid buffs figuring maybe something was off there but all seemed to be up just like they should. The other classes percents seemed to be right where they should be as well so raid buffs being off wouldn't make sense. I use super meter to get the hit percentages from maybe that is off idk, but there sure did seem to be a bunch of smaller numbers scrolling up that those bright shiny crit numbers. I like I'm sure most of you have worked pretty had to min/max kinda like to see it working right.

IDK maybe it was just an insanely bad rng night for rogues but I'd guess there is something wrong here. Has anyone else noticed this?

Ascendant

My crit percentages seemed fine last night, my parses were more or less what I've been getting consistently, save for bad rng on ability lag and such. Are you looking in ACT and just looking at the overall crit percentage? If so, it factors in abilities that cannot crit. That will skew your crit % down.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I wasn't, i was just looking at super meter but think some1 else was getting the same thing from ACT. either way though, critting for 35% with a 64% ratting just seems wrong

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    So in ID last night I noticed that my, and all other rogues, crit percentages were all in the 35%ish range. I first noticed it on warboss in ranger and assumed it my be lower pet crit rating but after checking that is is low even for my raptor(44% raid buffed) and mine is 64% raid buffed. All the same the pet invites way to much rng to be sure so I went sabo, cant remember exactly what my crit %age is in raids with it but 45.06% self buffed no vial, same result in an over all crits of 36% and was the same ranger as MM on itzy. Has anyone else notice a very low crit hit %age as of late? Yes I am aware of crit rng based but to be 30+% low in multiple different specs at some point should remove the rng factor and at least once should have seen a decent critical percentage. I checked raid buffs figuring maybe something was off there but all seemed to be up just like they should. The other classes percents seemed to be right where they should be as well so raid buffs being off wouldn't make sense. I use super meter to get the hit percentages from maybe that is off idk, but there sure did seem to be a bunch of smaller numbers scrolling up that those bright shiny crit numbers. I like I'm sure most of you have worked pretty had to min/max kinda like to see it working right.

IDK maybe it was just an insanely bad rng night for rogues but I'd guess there is something wrong here. Has anyone else noticed this?
    An overall crit percentage in the 35%'ish range is pretty normal for rogues.

We have a boatload of abilities that cannot crit thus lowering your overall crit percentage.

For exemple, in a typical ranger parse you will have: Double Shot, Electrified Munitions, Poisonous Coating, Virulent Poison, CoJ at 0% crit rate, lowering your overall crit percentage by a lot.

Well crit is being changed in SL anyways according to the warrior reveal. They built the souls around crit % and crit power, but nothing should have changed with crit % yet... Who knows what is patched in without knowing though. I do not think anyone was having problems on our end last night.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Rift Disciple

My attacks crit around 70% in ranger according to combat log from last night, same as previous 2 weeks.
    I have over 1200 crit during the fight.
    Gnarlwood shard.

Sounds like super meter includes all attacks. For example, electrified munitions and poisons will never crit.
    Last edited by shukaa; 10-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Well that answers that, my dps wasn't off I just didnt think those thinks would make up for dropping crit 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Well that answers that, my dps wasn't off I just didnt think those thinks would make up for dropping crit 30%.
    You have to remember that most of the abilities that can't crit are DoT effects (or pseudo-DoTs, like CoJ). Even though they make up a relatively small portion of your DPS, they hit a lot of times which throws off representation numbers.

+ Reply to Thread