+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stygian

Thread: Legwraps of Auric Wrath

Default Legwraps of Auric Wrath

I really wish Trion would take a look at these and consider adding some endurance to them. It's basically a 3 AP upgrade over the infernal token piece, but at a loss of 180 hps? I remember HK loot being itemized similarly, but, this just seems silly.

Laethys, being one of, if not the most, challenging bosses in the game right now, and these go to rot because everyone has been wearing the token piece for 5 months; including people that are 6-7/7 ID geared that have never stepped foot in the instance.

Were there guilds downing Laethys prior to being at least 3-4/7 ID geared? I'm just trying to think of a time when these would have ever really been useful. To the vault they go...
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

I agree.

Got these because nobody else wanted them.

Would be decent upgrade if it had comparable end.

Laethys was released in the first half of may... we killed her on the 25th. Two(?) weeks after her release.

Prior to that there were two weeks, one where ID/fire wing launched, another where the Earth wing was unlocked.

So the first batch of folks who killed her had a month's worth of ID marks.... and people going for early upgrades woulda picked up cheaper pieces... though if you were sporting HK relic, the difference wasn't all that great.

So yes, technically speaking if it had dropped in the first few weeks when it was originally killed, it could've conceivably gotten some use.

But I don't think we've seen those particular pants drop 'till relatively recently.... and they went to someone for wardrobe.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 10-03-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

These legs need Endurance added to them. They are BIS by a small margin as far as AP goes but they get neglected for the simple fact that they don't have endurance.

MiO
    Rift Master

Trion made you value endurance more than a small ap gain.

The only downside is that its just a bad item on laethys' loot table if no one wants to ignore endurance as a dps player.

Quote Originally Posted by MiO View Post
    Trion made you value endurance more than a small ap gain.

The only downside is that its just a bad item on laethys' loot table if no one wants to ignore endurance as a dps player.
    3AP on a dead rogue is not a DPS upgrade sadly.

And since the pants drop off Laethys, from my personal experience, peoples dying on Laethys fall in 2 categories:
    A) Botched a mechanic and get one shot.
    B) Don't have enough HP to survive the constant incoming damage. (RNG death)

It's not the only one. The cleric helm is bis on stats but has no endurance either. I'm never sure if it's Trion's little joke on us, or just a waste of a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    3AP on a dead rogue is not a DPS upgrade sadly.

And since the pants drop off Laethys, from my personal experience, peoples dying on Laethys fall in 2 categories:
    A) Botched a mechanic and get one shot.
    B) Don't have enough HP to survive the constant incoming damage. (RNG death)
    B is ridiculous, especially after her handfull of nerfs and ability timing adjustments.

If you have enough hp to survive a tick of red bubble / the distributed damage on orbs / two ticks of auric / one tick of storm of treasure, then you have enough hp to survive laethys.

The rest of it is on your healers and drainers... and yourself. If you died because you got hit by blue bubble + anything else, its your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    B is ridiculous, especially after her handfull of nerfs and ability timing adjustments.

If you have enough hp to survive a tick of red bubble / the distributed damage on orbs / two ticks of auric / one tick of storm of treasure, then you have enough hp to survive laethys.

The rest of it is on your healers and drainers... and yourself. If you died because you got hit by blue bubble + anything else, its your fault.
    It's not ridiculous at all.

I have 8.5 to 9.3k hp buffed on Laethys, depending on the spec I play, that's with maxed PAs&CQ points + PVP Trinket, so I don't die unless we wipe really.

People w/o maxed PAs/CQ pts/trinket have a much lower hp pool... and yes people like that do exist.

Orb and Golden Subjugation hitting at the same time is still a lethal combo if you don't have the HP to handle it.

Getting hit by Tail Lance would fall into "A" minus the one shot part because it's a botched mechanic, no excuse for that, you can *WALK* out of the blue bubble before getting hit.

But then again it's not really the subject of this thread. ITT: endurance on gear is important

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    It's not ridiculous at all.

I have 8.5 to 9.3k hp buffed on Laethys, depending on the spec I play, that's with maxed PAs&CQ points + PVP Trinket, so I don't die unless we wipe really.

People w/o maxed PAs/CQ pts/trinket have a much lower hp pool... and yes people like that do exist.

Orb and Golden Subjugation hitting at the same time is still a lethal combo if you don't have the HP to handle it.

Getting hit by Tail Lance would fall into "A" minus the one shot part because it's a botched mechanic, no excuse for that, you can *WALK* out of the blue bubble before getting hit.

But then again it's not really the subject of this thread. ITT: endurance on gear is important
    It is ridiculous, because I've done the entirety of ID on my cleric, in mostly HK gear + unwanted ID loot that would've gone to rot with a grand total of 300 PA, most of which in wisdom and spellpower hexes. When I killed laethys for the first time on my cleric, I had like 6.7k hp fully buffed and the only resist I had were from the eth passive + raid buffs.

Your orb + subjugation example only says that your guild isn't aware of how to manage them properly. Orbs have a travel time from laethys to its target that is dependent on how far away the target is. If you don't have people standing beyond a certain distance from laethys, the orbs will always land with more than enough time for people to get topped off before subjugation hits.

Dying to that falls under screwing up the mechanics. If its all handled properly, you need diddly for HP on Laethys unless you're the tank.

Edit: I won't go as far to say as endurance is irrelevant, but you only need a base amount to do any given encounter... and that's dependent on how much damage you absolutely must take if no one fails a mechanic. The rest of it is just padding for when someone screws up.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 10-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Shadowlander

So, are we trying to head towards a system where each drop is just +1 Awesome? That sounds boring. Choices make the game interesting. I remember why I quit the first time; I saw that all of my hard work was going to produce a 1% stat upgrade because every item had stat allocations exactly the same just +1% more of it.

Snore. Might as well not make gear at that point, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Korhallen the First View Post
    So, are we trying to head towards a system where each drop is just +1 Awesome? That sounds boring. Choices make the game interesting. I remember why I quit the first time; I saw that all of my hard work was going to produce a 1% stat upgrade because every item had stat allocations exactly the same just +1% more of it.

Snore. Might as well not make gear at that point, really.
    Apparently the vast majority of players disagree with you, as it was their bucket of tears that originally convinced Trion to smooth out the gear "power" progression between tiers.

The jump between GSB/RoS gear and HK used to be astronomical, now its just kind of a half step. The same can be said of HK -> ID gear.

I'd expect SL gear at 60 to be a pretty large bump from ID gear, but that'd only be because of the 10 level difference. Honestly wouldn't expect huge jumps of power between expert lv 60 gear -> t1 lv 60 raid gear -> t2 lv 60 raid gear, etc. At least nothing on the scale of the old gap between GSB -> HK gear.

+ Reply to Thread