+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do I qualify for T2 raiding? Please help

Soulwalker

Default Do I qualify for T2 raiding? Please help

Hey all,

Sorry to post what seems to me a logical question as there are requirements for each tier of raiding (hit/toughness). My guild leader has told me that even though I meet the requirements for both hit and toughness that I am not geared enough to tank in Tier 2 raid setting. I don't have a link to any gear profile but I can run down what I have:

I have the 4 piece crafted set (netherforged)
    Drowned halls tank helmet
    t1 boots
    t1 equivalent quest legs/gloves
    the greater essence for adding 300 armor when using our finisher
    tanking ring drop from DSB
    rest purple fillers in neck/offhand/ranged

I meet the necessary requirements for toughness and hit, and I self buff out to a tad over 12.5k hit points.

Is he correct that I am just not ready? Or do I have a right to feel a tad slighted?

Ascendant

If you hover your mouse over the hit and toughness stats in game it tells you the recommended level right on it. If you meet them, you are ready.

I meet the necessary requirements for toughness and hit
    Oh, then you are ready . . .

My guild leader has told me that even though I meet the requirements for both hit and toughness that I am not geared enough to tank in Tier 2 raid setting.
    Oh, then they want easy mode raids with over geared people steam rolling everything . . .

Rest of essences?

but afaik you should be able to tank HK. At least the first few bosses, to get into tanking HK.
    be used as off-tank or whatever.

but tbh for those tanks to really give you advise and say if you are able or not:
    all stats please , though I would say you are able to tank.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Rest of essences?
    but tbh for those tanks to really give you advise and say if you are able or not:
    all stats please , though I would say you are able to tank.
    I can post my exact stats when I get home

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deakscauz View Post
    Hey all,

Sorry to post what seems to me a logical question as there are requirements for each tier of raiding (hit/toughness). My guild leader has told me that even though I meet the requirements for both hit and toughness that I am not geared enough to tank in Tier 2 raid setting. I don't have a link to any gear profile but I can run down what I have:

I have the 4 piece crafted set (netherforged)
    Drowned halls tank helmet
    t1 boots
    t1 equivalent quest legs/gloves
    the greater essence for adding 300 armor when using our finisher
    tanking ring drop from DSB
    rest purple fillers in neck/offhand/ranged

I meet the necessary requirements for toughness and hit, and I self buff out to a tad over 12.5k hit points.

Is he correct that I am just not ready? Or do I have a right to feel a tad slighted?
    Im in a simlar situation. Self buffed im up to about 14k hp now.

I also have the netherforged set + a GSB tank sword. I have ID mark boots and EI quest legs along with various odds and ends i've picked up along the way. I can also make the hit and tough requirements for HK but if im honest with myself i dont feel i have anywhere near the hp i would need for it. Technically i have the toughness for ID... realistically i would be a 1-shot.

How is your source engine? So far i only have 1 for tanking which, although it gives me a ton of end and deflect, leaves me low on resistances for HK. Im guessing that may be your problem.

Are you comfortable tanking RoS and GSB? I know im not quite there yet and i need practice which im finding hard to come by since your average group dont want tanks who are just learning the trade - i've even had people leave experts because i warned them i had never tanked that particular instance before.

My best advice looking at your gear list - get farming those marks and inscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Im in a simlar situation. Self buffed im up to about 14k hp now.

I also have the netherforged set + a GSB tank sword. I have ID mark boots and EI quest legs along with various odds and ends i've picked up along the way. I can also make the hit and tough requirements for HK but if im honest with myself i dont feel i have anywhere near the hp i would need for it. Technically i have the toughness for ID... realistically i would be a 1-shot.

How is your source engine? So far i only have 1 for tanking which, although it gives me a ton of end and deflect, leaves me low on resistances for HK. Im guessing that may be your problem.

Are you comfortable tanking RoS and GSB? I know im not quite there yet and i need practice which im finding hard to come by since your average group dont want tanks who are just learning the trade - i've even had people leave experts because i warned them i had never tanked that particular instance before.

My best advice looking at your gear list - get farming those marks and inscribed.
    afaik tanks dont need resistance for HK. I am not tank though, so correct me if I am wrong
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    So far i only have 1 for tanking which, although it gives me a ton of end and deflect, leaves me low on resistances for HK.
    Does anyone know the actual resistance level acceptable for HK? And if so, how did you guys achieve it? Via runes/potions/buffs or actual gear swaps?

Does anyone know the actual resistance level acceptable for HK? And if so, how did you guys achieve it? Via runes/potions/buffs or actual gear swaps?
    about 150(water res), but like I said: afaik tanks dont need that. and it was 150 at launch, dont think you still need that though
    You can get it via:

source machine - about 108. Just get the essences with the highest WR-stats on it, while having other stats that you can use(Dex/End/Str)
    2x runes - 54 I believe

on top of that you can use WR-pots
    Last edited by NearioNL; 10-01-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    about 150(water res), but like I said: afaik tanks dont need that. and it was 150 at launch, dont think you still need that though
    You can get it via:

source machine - about 108. Just get the essences with the highest WR-stats on it, while having other stats that you can use(Dex/End/Str)
    2x runes - 54 I believe

on top of that you can use WR-pots
    Thanks! I was kinda under the impression that I would be able to slide with a tad under the normal requirement, but I didn't want to make assumptions.

It's going to be really hard to convince a raid leader to let you tank anything in HK if you only have 12.5k hp self buffed.

Also, get rid of the Riftstalker greater.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    It's going to be really hard to convince a raid leader to let you tank anything in HK if you only have 12.5k hp self buffed.

Also, get rid of the Riftstalker greater.
    And replace the greater with what? Also, I can switch some things around to still meet requirements while gaining some health, I just haven't done it yet as I haven't decided exactly what path I will take quite yet, also, I just hit 50 recently, so I need to do a lot of PA levels to get into earth for the endurance.

The point I was trying to get at was more that it's just a matter of it seems like it might be difficult to raid T2 right now, it just won't be cakewalk. If it is doable to go in and offtank, then I have a way to make an argument.

6 tanking lesser for your sigil/source engine, all epic quality, don't be cheap this is going to be your main tanking sigil for awhile.

Don't worry about resist for now.

Your health is low enough that you'll probably have trouble with some of the harder-hitting bosses, such as Sicaron and Inquisitor Garau. I suggest using 51RS/8RNG/7Bard if you aren't yet-- the extra health is very helpful for surviving heavy burst damage (you can see the exact talent point breakdown if you follow the Riftstalker guide link in my signature).

When it comes to raiding, effective health is significantly more important than avoidance, because avoidance only helps you to survive attrition from boss melee attacks, and that's never an actual threat compared to spike damage.

Tanks don't really need resists for HK. The only bosses that do any significant resistable damage are Garau (and you can use a cooldown for every beam if someone throws you a covenant on every fourth one), and Zamira if you're tanking her for WAY too long. On every other encounter, you're looking at absolutely trivial amounts of elemental damage. Finish out your regular tank core (by using six lessers, like Akizuki recommended), then start working on fire and earth tanking cores for when you move into Infernal Dawn.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-01-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Your health is low enough that you'll probably have trouble with some of the harder-hitting bosses, such as Sicaron and Inquisitor Garau. I suggest using 51RS/8RNG/7Bard if you aren't yet-- the extra health is very helpful for surviving heavy burst damage (you can see the exact talent point breakdown if you follow the guide link in my signature).

When it comes to raiding, effective health is significantly more important than avoidance, because avoidance only helps you to survive attrition from boss melee attacks, and that's never an actual threat compared to spike damage.

Tanks don't really need resists for HK. The only bosses that do any significant resistable damage are Garau (and you can use a cooldown for every beam if someone throws you a covenant on every fourth one), and Zamira if you're tanking her for WAY too long. On every other encounter, you're looking at absolutely trivial amounts of elemental damage. Finish out your regular tank core (by using six lessers, like Akizuki recommended), then start working on fire and earth tanking cores for when you move into Infernal Dawn.
    Thanks Muspel. I am currently running the BD variation of our tank spec, and I don't have any issues with switching to the bard variant until my gear is upgraded. It is also good to know that tanks don't require the resists.

Champion of Telara

Thanks Muspel. I am currently running the BD variation of our tank spec, and I don't have any issues with switching to the bard variant until my gear is upgraded. It is also good to know that tanks don't require the resists.
    Indeed it is, i'll second that.

Also, i'll be having words with the people who were telling me i needed full resist cores..... even if my visits to HK will be few and far between - the problems of being an englishman on a US server i guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast