+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about skills that do weapon + skill damage

Default Question about skills that do weapon + skill damage

Most skills do weapon damage + skill damage, but which weapon's damage is it using? Is it an average of all, is it the highest damage equipped, or is it the currently used weapon? I usually have my bow out but I have a purple melee weapon that does more damage. I don't know how to maximize my damage output without knowing which weapon my skills are using.

Also, how does attack attack power factor into skill damage?

Every abilities in Ranger and Marksman use ranged weapon damage.

Every abilities in Assassin, Nightblade, Riftstalker use main hand weapon damage.

Bladedancer's abilities use either main hand or off hand weapon damage or both at the same time (Twin Strike).

Bard and Saboteur abilities can use either main hand weapon damage or ranged weapon damage depending if you have a ranged soul in your build and if you stand in melee range or not.

One of my roles is saboteur, with marksman and riftstalker (for now anyway). What weapon's damage would it use? That's what made me ask this question to begin with, because it's pretty obvious that my ranger role would use ranged weapon damage but not so obvious what saboteur would use. To throw a monkey wrench in there, I'm usually at range but sometimes in melee range.

Just want to point out that buffs to your weapons, like Fine Whetstone, also buff your ranged weapon's damage.

Poisons applied to you ranged weapon do not apply to your melee weapons or abilities using melee (like fiery spike) as far as I know.

This is apparently not common knowledge, so I thought I'd drop that nugget of wisdom here.

+ Reply to Thread