+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Rogue's Eradicate

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue's Eradicate

Needs nerfed for PvP. Being able to remove buffs faster then you can apply them is not right IMO. Transmogrify is less OP then this. At least it cannot be spammed without the receiving party becoming immune.

Give it a cast time, give it a CD, or make us immune to it once its hit you 3 times like transmogrify.

Wait until SL. Then complain if it hasn't changed.

Be a dev contest!

Here are the lines of code that create Eradicate. The first to alter them to correctly give it a 10s cool down gets a free title, Destroyer of Shenaningans! Tell all your friends that *YOU* nerfed Eradicate.

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

inb4drovesofhorribadroguesdefendthesinglemostoverp oweredabilityinthegame
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Why would rogues defend Reflective Presence?

Steps to being an amazing rogue in a premade.

1.Make cast@focus eradicate, cast@focus deaden.
    2. /focus healer 1.
    3. Target healer 2.
    4. Keep serendipity off both healer 1 and healer 2 by alternating between cast@focus eradicate and eradicate.
    5. Watch the bitter-sweet healer tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Needs nerfed for PvP. Being able to remove buffs faster then you can apply them is not right IMO. Transmogrify is less OP then this. At least it cannot be spammed without the receiving party becoming immune.

Give it a cast time, give it a CD, or make us immune to it once its hit you 3 times like transmogrify.
    Problem is its almost just as easy to re-apply your buffs.
    Give it a cooldown sure, but it should remove a buff or two entirely as well.

For example, if a VK has 30 pacts, 10 pacts per buff, eradicate should rip off the entirety off that buff.

So if a pact has 6 stacks or 10, eradicate removes all of them.
    Same for other purges, that way they are more viable and not a waste of a GCD.

I think it's kinda funny at this point. It's like... load into warfront in marksman. Hit people moderately hard, but don't do a whole lot.

cast Eradicate

/BestPlayerOnTeam

If Eradicate was bad, I would probably try NB/RS on my rogue. For more reason than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post

not like buffs getting constantly thrown about raid wide do a decent job of ensuring that rogue not only has to have spent a significant time not doing dmg but must continue to not do dmg in order to purge 1 person...

eradicate will get a cd, right about the same time it doesn't need one, or perhaps after all buffs get a cd as well.

File this with the countless other threads from people who cry about something so easily negated, and from people whom 1/2 their buffs are not purgeable.

but maybe you're right, perhaps what we need is to not be able to solve an issue. this is pvp, ala rock/paper/scissor.. not rock/rock/scissor. Reducing the dynamics of the combat and ensuring that the overly buffed stay on top speaks poorly of your integrity.

Alright, here we go.

a) Eradicate is overpowered and needs a nerf. Like, it's ridiculously good.
    b) Eradicate is necessary because critical, must-purge buffs (or at least ones players SHOULD be purging if playing in a coordinated fashion) are often buried beneath layers of other, often fluff and/or proc-based buffs (trinkets, Greaters, PtF and the like), several of which stack multiple times with each counting as one buff.
    c) Eradicate is necessary because the other purges in the game come on lengthy cooldowns and cannot effectively punch through layered buffs (ex. VK's Spell Sunder, 3 buffs/10s cooldown, or Inq's Purge, 2 buffs/10s cooldown), are in niche specs (ex. Necromancer's 1 buff/5s cooldown), are rarely viable in PvP (ex. Archon's talented 1 buff AoE/2s cast), or potentially all of the above (ex. Dominator's 3 buffs on a 3s channel w/ a 15s cooldown).
    d) Eradicate should be nerfed, but only when the buff/purge paradigm is dramatically changed to make purging more reliable yet requiring some coordination. This essentially requires three things to happen: make it so fluff/superfluous buffs are unpurgeable and thus skipped by purges or implement a purge "priority" system, making it so that purging stacked fluff buffs (I'm looking at you, VK stacks) is more efficient, and increase purge accessibility amongst utility classes so purges are a reliable if slightly slower solo tool than Eradicate but as functional if not moreso when coordinated by multiple characters.

There is no reason buffs should not be sustainably purged faster than they can be reapplied; however, it shouldn't be by one character, but it also shouldn't be necessary for that one character to spend all his time doing so as it today.
    Last edited by Kyera; 09-29-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

my dimes on anyone caught holding a bow/gun in SL wil be loled out of the game

but as it is atm it is annoying but thats all it is, they could do so much more if they were using different skills / trees
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 09-29-2012 at 05:48 AM.
    who took my names!

It's really more annoying than it is OP.

But it fits both shoes quite well.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If anything this needs to made a passive effect of Fanout and Swift Shot.

Ascendant

That space is bothering me...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    That space is bothering me...
    I post on my phone, sue me.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast