+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For pvp what weapon is better?

Soulwalker

Default For pvp what weapon is better?

I knowf for pve R50 swords are best because in pve is more easy get the critic cap, but in pvp what weapons are better? Swords too? Or daggers?

Sorry for my english

Telaran

I use swords for the extra ap. In pvp it's more about burst dmg than sustained dps (daggers). Thats also how I spec. So keep that in mind with whatever you run in pvp.
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    I use swords for the extra ap. In pvp it's more about burst dmg than sustained dps (daggers). Thats also how I spec. So keep that in mind with whatever you run in pvp.
    Daggers provide physical crit which is more bursty than AP (which is sustained) though?
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 09-29-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Daggers provide physical crit which is more bursty than AP (which is sustained) though?
    It's pretty obvious that he's just messing up his phrasing and meant that daggers = pvp and swords = pve.

Use the daggers.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

Swords.

/10char
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Swords.

/10char
    Sure, if you run around pvp with full consumables and raid buffs bringing you to crit cap.

For the rest of us who don't play with a cadre of followers, daggers work out better.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Swords.

/10char
    Why...? It's not like you're crit capped.
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

One Axe one Dagger

daggers
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

As noted below, daggers will likely give you the biggest bang for your buck. In my MM PVP spec selfbuffed, my AP is 1176 & Crit 1112. When I equip the swords, my AP is 1217 & Crit 1022. So, unless you're over crit cap (which would likely require consumables and raid buffs), go with the daggers.

As a side note, it will be interesting to see if PA will come into play with the upcoming patch chaging AP's direct affect on weapon DPS. Whether a net increase of 41 AP (slated to be about a 8 weapon DPS) will outweigh the 90 crit; not even considering should someone not have both Sword and Dagger maxed... but, I digress.
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuckVCF View Post
    I knowf for pve R50 swords are best because in pve is more easy get the critic cap, but in pvp what weapons are better? Swords too? Or daggers?

Sorry for my english
    I'm fairly certain it depends on the specs and the amount of crit and AP you get. I don't understand how anyone can say this ior that is best for all situations.

For melee specs like Nightblade and Sin I use daggers, I noticed that the attack speed matters, the combo points don't apply on the target as fast with swords or maybe that's just me.

For ranged marksmen specs where melee weapon attack speed wouldn't matter I use swords for the attack power to blow up people.

But again that's just me, distribution of planar attunement points, and points in the soul tree can make either one better for your character.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

If it were me, I would get into my pvp spec that all this is based around buff up and unequip my 1h's and just do the math, im X away from crit cap will the swords get my there, if they will then pick those for the AP if not pick the daggers for the crit, or mix and match 1 of each. My spec I can run the swords and still be over soft cap so the swords would be the clear choice.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    If it were me, I would get into my pvp spec that all this is based around buff up and unequip my 1h's and just do the math, im X away from crit cap will the swords get my there, if they will then pick those for the AP if not pick the daggers for the crit, or mix and match 1 of each. My spec I can run the swords and still be over soft cap so the swords would be the clear choice.
    With 1.11 around the corner, everyone's crit will be far lower, so it might be wise for him to pickup daggers for the burst.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    With 1.11 around the corner, everyone's crit will be far lower, so it might be wise for him to pickup daggers for the burst.
    Very true but I only can answer as to what is live, I try not to make assumptions from beta. I have heard about crit changes but there is just no way to know what exactly will be changed once 1.11 is live. This could be somewhat offset by soul changes or crit power. But you def. have a point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast