+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anger/Wrath of Maelforge undocumented feature

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Anger/Wrath of Maelforge undocumented feature

Let's say there are two rogues, A and B. A has anger and wrath of maelforge trinket. B has just anger. The set bonus of anger+trinket is that whenever anger procs it also applies a stack of trinket dot.

When rogue B has his anger proc he will also receive a stack of the trinket proc even though he doesn't have the trinket. Basically the game interprets an active trinket dot from rogue A and an anger proc from rogue B to be a valid set bonus. Both rogues have their own stacks and they don't refresh each others' dots. If you have an anger and someone else is using the trinket in the raid you will get an extra 50 dps.

Ascendant

Incoming hotfix.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

RIFT Guide Writer

Why am I not surprised
    Last edited by ChrisN; 09-29-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Its been around since PTS days, and has been reported back then.

Guess they figured it wasn't a pressing enough issue... got buried under whatever else needed attention post ID launch and never got around to it.

50 dps based off of that alone is an exaggeration, or you just hit a lucky streak on anger procs. The trinket procs, with anger, comes out to ~120ish dps, with the trinket itself being roughly 90ish, give or take.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 09-30-2012 at 03:35 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Its been around since PTS days, and has been reported back then.

Guess they figured it wasn't a pressing enough issue... got buried under whatever else needed attention post ID launch and never got around to it.

50 dps based off of that alone is an exaggeration, or you just hit a lucky streak on anger procs. The trinket procs, with anger, comes out to ~120ish dps, with the trinket itself being roughly 90ish, give or take.
    It did 54 dps for one and 41 dps for another one on the parse where I noticed it. In the same parse their angers did 55 and 49 dps which is quite normal. I was using the trinket and it did 152 dps for me, plus 50 from anger which is what they normally do. Anger is 40-60 dps usually and the trinket is 130-160. These are all bloodstalker/drainstalker proc dps numbers since the trinket is not really worth using with other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    It did 54 dps for one and 41 dps for another one on the parse where I noticed it. In the same parse their angers did 55 and 49 dps which is quite normal. I was using the trinket and it did 152 dps for me, plus 50 from anger which is what they normally do. Anger is 40-60 dps usually and the trinket is 130-160. These are all bloodstalker/drainstalker proc dps numbers since the trinket is not really worth using with other specs.
    Ballpark figures more or less. When it was reported on PTS, I didn't get a sense of urgency from them to fix something that tacked on 30-50 dps when equipped with an item that says you've already beaten all existing content.

Has anyone tested using the trinket/anger set as ranger? Since anger procs maybe the trinket does to, just wondering if its even worth getting the set as I mostly play ranger. Cant imagine it being better than the CQ trinket since pets share the stats but who knows.
    Last edited by spowers454; 10-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.

All the proc-on-melee abilities procs off of double shot procs. Whether or not this is intended is kind of irrelevant since the proc rate of melee items aren't spectacular to begin with... and you're looking at about half of that proc rate for rangers.

You'll be lucky if the combined procs from all your weapons + trinkets adds up to more than 1% of your total dps.

Pick stuff for their stats, not their useless damage procs.

+ Reply to Thread