+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Good raiding dps spec

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default Good raiding dps spec

    Been looking at the guides for raiding specs but Idk what to go with...

    What are some good raiding dps specs to go with

    Also using
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IuRdqkkR.xh.-6
    For tanking (t2's right now) do I need a new spec if I am going to tank HK?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    That is the go to tanking spec for 90+% of fights in the game.

    For dps the best all round bet is 51 ranger, it's easy and does very good st damage. Having a 51 MM spec is very handy for utility roles such as interrupts or purges and would be a good move.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 09-22-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    Nope.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    If you like melee Bloodstalker is also a very viable option if you have the room for only a ST dps spec. If you want a melee spec with more flexibility 49 NB works as well. 49 NB is also pretty much as easy to play as ranger (in terms of button mashing).
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    If you like melee Bloodstalker is also a very viable option if you have the room for only a ST dps spec. If you want a melee spec with more flexibility 49 NB works as well. 49 NB is also pretty much as easy to play as ranger (in terms of button mashing).
    If you're going to carry one melee spec, it should be either Nightblade or Bladedancer, in my opinion. Bloodstalker is great when you can use it, but most fights don't let you do that.

    Anyways, I recommend carrying around a ranger spec (for general use), a marksman spec (the utility is very useful on a lot of HK fights, although you'll use this spec much less when you move into ID), a melee spec of some kind (I enjoy Bladedancer, but Nightblade works just as well), and perhaps a Saboteur spec (really useful on Akylios, but doesn't do much for the rest of HK).
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-22-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Been looking at the guides for raiding specs but Idk what to go with...

    What are some good raiding dps specs to go with

    Also using
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IuRdqkkR.xh.-6
    For tanking (t2's right now) do I need a new spec if I am going to tank HK?
    I would pick up a ranger spec, and probably a nightblade spec for melee. If you are starting HK make sure you have a utility spec like Marksman for interrupts and purges.

    As far as tanking goes I assume your gear is around HK level than yeah keep your Bard/Ranger tank spec. For t2's though you might have fun with Bladedancer/Ranger for the fact that you can pull very large packs with sidesteps and you also get twinstrike which is fun to have not to mention strikeback and reprisal.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    If I could only choose one spec to play, it would be sab. ST dps is behind ranger but the aoe is good so it's great for dungeons and most raid encounters. Ideally I'd learn Sab, Ranger, MM and Sin-RS. None are difficult and one of them is always the best dps specs in any raid encounter.
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-22-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  7. #7
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    If you're going to carry one melee spec, it should be either Nightblade or Bladedancer, in my opinion. Bloodstalker is great when you can use it, but most fights don't let you do that.
    ^ as much as I love Bloodstalker I dont even both carrying it anymore, Just not enough uses for it.

    Ranger is the most common spec most rogues to use followed by sab and no rogue is complete without an MM spec for interupts/purging when needed, although I have used it twice in prob 3 months I still wouldn't drop it. As far as melee I keep the NB spec around, but I'm a bad rogue and mostly just ranger everything.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Anyone got any links? Lol

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Anyone got any links? Lol
    For ranger and Bloodstalker, you can use the guides in my signature. Same for tanking. There should be a Saboteur guide in Zyzyx's Rogue Bible in the Rogue Guides section, and Gyle has Bladedancer and Nightblade guides.

  10. #10
    Champion BoomBoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where You Are Not
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Zy's Bible Thread

    Gyle's BD Thread

    And yeah, most spec's are outlined in Zy's bible. But dig around in the Rogue Guide area, and you'll find tons of useful info.
    Last edited by BoomBoom; 09-26-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Retired from raiding

  11. #11
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    ^ as much as I love Bloodstalker I dont even both carrying it anymore, Just not enough uses for it.

    Ranger is the most common spec most rogues to use followed by sab and no rogue is complete without an MM spec for interupts/purging when needed, although I have used it twice in prob 3 months I still wouldn't drop it. As far as melee I keep the NB spec around, but I'm a bad rogue and mostly just ranger everything.
    I don't use anything but Sab and BS... Ranger is just the anti-fun spec. Drain spec for Laethys... I don't have any issues running BS in ID, though If I'm lagging, I'll run sab. Even if I fumble the rotation, I easily outparse Ranger in BS, and if there even one add, I'll destroy ranger with Sab. I don't see a point to using ranger anymore :/

    I'll add that I use HK equivalent weapons... gun and swords. with Max gun and sword PA's
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 09-27-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    I don't use anything but Sab and BS... Ranger is just the anti-fun spec. Drain spec for Laethys... I don't have any issues running BS in ID, though If I'm lagging, I'll run sab. Even if I fumble the rotation, I easily outparse Ranger in BS, and if there even one add, I'll destroy ranger with Sab. I don't see a point to using ranger anymore :/

    I'll add that I use HK equivalent weapons... gun and swords. with Max gun and sword PA's
    Not everyone is lucky as you with good fps to play BS. I tried it at sub 10 fps and its horrible on top of mobility. As for sab yes you need adds to make you look good on the meter but this spec is also situational as sometimes you dont wanna aggros the adds til needed to.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    I don't use anything but Sab and BS... Ranger is just the anti-fun spec. Drain spec for Laethys... I don't have any issues running BS in ID, though If I'm lagging, I'll run sab. Even if I fumble the rotation, I easily outparse Ranger in BS, and if there even one add, I'll destroy ranger with Sab. I don't see a point to using ranger anymore :/

    I'll add that I use HK equivalent weapons... gun and swords. with Max gun and sword PA's
    LOL You'll destroy a ranger with sab? There is more to this game than trash packs. I seriously cant decide if you are trolling or being serious.
    Last edited by Neonaraj; 09-28-2012 at 08:34 AM.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    LOL You'll destroy a ranger with sab? There is more to this game than trash packs. I seriously cant decide if you are trolling or being serious.
    He said if there's at least one add to cleave off of. In that situation, Sab will win.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    LOL You'll destroy a ranger with sab? There is more to this game than trash packs. I seriously cant decide if you are trolling or being serious.
    Being serious... I seriously cant decide if you need to learn to play or read.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts