+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New Rogue Soul revealed - Tacticion

Plane Touched

Default New Rogue Soul revealed - Tacticion

The new rogue soul is called the tactician and will focus on short range combat using crossbows. I don't know specific mechanics but that enough sounds pretty cool.

meh. The name still brings memories of AC2 tactician, which was a master at placing walls (for defense), laying down automatic turrets, other types of bombs, etc. Short range x-bow fighting? Need to hear more about this to understand how that is a "tactician" and what other abilities pair up with the x-bow to make this an interesting soul...

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    The new rogue soul is called the tactician and will focus on short range combat using crossbows. I don't know specific mechanics but that enough sounds pretty cool.
    welcome to several weeks ago ...

Also, unless you can link your source, I'm rather skeptical of the "using crossbows" part since the trend in SL is to move away from builds being dependent on a singular weapon type (warriors for instance need chose DW vs 2h merely for aesthetics).
    Last edited by nemecis; 09-20-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post

Also, unless you can link your source, I'm rather skeptical of the "using crossbows" part since the trend in SL is to move away from builds being dependent on a singular weapon type (warriors for instance need chose DW vs 2h merely for aesthetics).
    Several weeks ago... oh well seems like I always find things out late.

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    Several weeks ago... oh well seems like I always find things out late.
    The official "soul" reveal for Rogues has yet to happen but should be upcoming in a couple weeks. However during PAX it was confirmed that it will be called Tactician, along with some other info on the rogue soul changes. So people pretty much knew the name and some other details... although like a previous poster im skeptical about the whole crossbow thing... mind saying where your source is for that? Unless its official its just another one of the many rumors floating around.

Ascendant

Test from the Souls section on the Storm Legion page:

Four new Souls join the Ascended Class System in RIFT® Storm Legion™. Wield the power of fearsome spellblades, stormtouched warriors, blight weavers, and protean gadgeteers from the Eternal City to the Necropolis of Dusken!

From this and other comments and snippets from screens I think the Tactician is going to be something of an "Engineer" but themed around using various Magitech gadgets and gizmos in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Test from the Souls section on the Storm Legion page:

Four new Souls join the Ascended Class System in RIFT® Storm Legion™. Wield the power of fearsome spellblades, stormtouched warriors, blight weavers, and protean gadgeteers from the Eternal City to the Necropolis of Dusken!

From this and other comments and snippets from screens I think the Tactician is going to be something of an "Engineer" but themed around using various Magitech gadgets and gizmos in battle.
    God I hope not.

Running around pooping chemical bombs out doesn't sound fun or new. Especially now that warriors are getting sab bombs. I'm hoping the abilities we havn't seen yet prove more central to the calling.

There are few options I could see to make "gadgets" work in RIFT. Ranged pet class in a robot that follows you around would work ,but would not be "new" or as exciting as the two souls we've seen so far.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-20-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

To me it sounds like it will be possibly a pet-based (contructs, and such.) soul with the ability to give varying buffs/debuffs based on the situation, with the pet maybe even giving differing types of group-wide buffs based the pet that is active. Only reason i am thinking this is based on what the words used to discribe the clas are, with word protean meaning being able to take various forms or shape, and gadgeteers who are people that ue/create gadgets which would fit in with alot of contruct and gadgets being used to facilitate in providing the needed effects.

WTB video reveal Date plox

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post
    WTB video reveal Date plox
    Well with 8 weeks til the expansion that leaves 4-6 weeks till 1.11

Which means the rogue/cleric reveals could be in 1-3/3-6 weeks respectively if they want to keep even intervals. I'm guessing the rogue reveal will be next week though. Followed by the cleric reveal in 2 weeks and 1.11 1-2 weeks after that giving us 1 month to theory around before SL hits.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

It would be sooo cool if the new rogue soul is actually a "tacticion" and not a tactitian. Who knows what a tactition is? I could only imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethantes View Post
    It would be sooo cool if the new rogue soul is actually a "tacticion" and not a tactitian. Who knows what a tactition is? I could only imagine!
    One certainly does wonder, doesn't one?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborn View Post
    meh. The name still brings memories of AC2 tactician, which was a master at placing walls (for defense), laying down automatic turrets, other types of bombs, etc. Short range x-bow fighting? Need to hear more about this to understand how that is a "tactician" and what other abilities pair up with the x-bow to make this an interesting soul...
    I miss AC/AC2... Don't worry Trion, I'll never cheat on you again.. unless a real AC2 comes out.. ;D

EDIT: Better yet, buy the rights and make a real AC2... I'd love to see what you guys could do with a sandbox game... especially in Dereth. ;P
    Last edited by Rehlik; 09-20-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Awesomesauce

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post

weapon type != weapon slot

Being dependent on a bow or a gun, or a dagger or a sword, is different than a build that revolves around your ranged slot verses your melee slot. Absolutely nothing wrong with rogue souls revolving around a ranged slot instead of melee. As long as the soul itself knows to use the better weapons. Biggest rogue issue was synergy in the aspect that a Sab required a ranged soul present to assume usage of a ranged weapon. Or even bard uses melee weapon if no range soul is present. As long as the soul itself is well determined in whether it is ranged of melee (ie, nb 'ranged' attacks I am pretty sure base of melee) there shouldn't be much a problem because it would know what abilities are fired off with which weapon, and which weapon to calculate with.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Just want the damn reveal!! gimme trion! :P
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast