+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wickede

Thread: pyro doms

Soulwalker

Default pyro doms

i was wondering if there was a good way to get rid of the pyro doms in wf one on one close range spec i keep getting own my gear is t2 pvp gear almost t3 pvp gear is there a spec i could use to get them off my back. please and thank you

NB/RS, MM/RS, and Sin/RS should all be able to take out a Pyrodom.
    Shadow Stalk is pretty valuable against any /Dom variant.
    ~Quiescent

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    NB/RS, MM/RS, and Sin/RS should all be able to take out a Pyrodom.
    Shadow Stalk is pretty valuable against any /Dom variant.
    Its very rare i play pyro/dom but from what i came up against i can tell you that NB/RS is the one which will probably get you the highest chance of success. Shadow stalk is definatley valuable, but dont use it until after the mage uses Flicker if possible - dont use it as an opener to get close or they will be gone just as fast.

Its very rare i struggle against MM builds although i generally play chloro-dom or 51 dom but if im honest... i think i would put that down to a lot of bad MM's rather than my own skill or ability. If you run around spamming fanout you're gonna die. One of the biggest mistakes i see is if you get TI on you, stop attacking or it will **** you up.

Or, if you're a little prepared pvper unlike most of what's around, you'd have panacea and elixir of impunity a plenty.

That, with break free and cleanse soul, would generally get you sufficient leeway to gib the pyro/dom.

Provided you know what you're doing.

I've never been a fan of mm/rs, or anything /rs... but that's my personal preference.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

thanks for all the help still new to playing a rogue so everything has been realy helpfull

nb/rs is your best bet id imagine (max geared rogue vs max geared mage) its practically impossible not to stay on the mage and once those 2 squirrels are gone he's basically useless against you

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    nb/rs is your best bet id imagine (max geared rogue vs max geared mage) its practically impossible not to stay on the mage and once those 2 squirrels are gone he's basically useless against you
    You've been playing with bad mages who hasn't learned how to count.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    And how so?

please do explain , i sense a properly formulated argument behind that troll

Are you guys serious? :|

Diminishing returns on CC abilities have a set timer from the first time you get hit by a CC ability. If you get hit again with a CC ability in that time, the effect is halved. Then you gain immunity to CCs for that duration, with each additional attempt to CC you refreshing that timer. This also accrues during the immunity period granted by break free, so an idiot mage spamming poly during that time just screwed themselves over.

If the mage weren't an idiot and was actually aware of mechaics... and can count to 8, you (as a rogue) have about 12 seconds without consumables to kill the mage without being interrupted by full duration squirrels... which the mage that can COUNT can keep up indefinitely on you and wear you down.

Actual combat time varies a bit, depending on who screws up more.

And I can't tell if I'm disappointed or irritated by having to explain it. Its a fundamental staple that changes the course of non-zerg pvp fights that's been in the game for more than a year. You'd think folks who like that part of the game would've done their homework on something that, in my book, is pretty flippin' important to know.

Edit timer expired.

Mages who are aware of little nuances like that absolutely wreck face in pvp.

Its what separates the random mage that doesn't do anything before they die and that one guy that's beating on your entire team, sometimes by himself.

Diminishing returns on CC abilities have a set timer from the first time you get hit by a CC ability. If you get hit again with a CC ability in that time, the effect is halved. Then you gain immunity to CCs for that duration, with each additional attempt to CC you refreshing that timer. This also accrues during the immunity period granted by break free, so an idiot mage spamming poly during that time just screwed themselves over.

If the mage weren't an idiot and was actually aware of mechaics... and can count to 8, you (as a rogue) have about 12 seconds without consumables to kill the mage without being interrupted by full duration squirrels... which the mage that can COUNT can keep up indefinitely on you and wear you down.

And I can't tell if I'm disappointed or irritated by having to explain it. Its a fundamental staple that changes the course of non-zerg pvp fights that's been in the game for more than a year. You'd think folks who like that part of the game would've done their homework on something that, in my book, is pretty flippin' important to know.
    Ok, so we count to 8, now we are most likely mobile so we have practically no dps except a chance to proc cinder, if we drop any debuffs you have two cleanses, so this is effectively 8 seconds for the rogue to beat on the mage.

pyro dom isn't exactly very tanky, as an nb/rs you have 2 CC breakers and 2 full cleanses, as well as a root an a snare to force them to use their flicker when you want them to(aka right before you want to port for stalker phase). pyro dom can not beat nb/rs, sorry.

Actually no pyro dom worth a dam is going to have a target squirreled for 12 secs. In a 1 v 1 fight Transmogrify has the sole purpose of putting storm shackle and 2-4 fireballs per rotations with speed cast. If the Rogue breaks free its no big deal, i want him to move with storm shackle anyways plus, Im gonna pummel him with a fireball and break him out either way. The only downside is I have to wait 12 seconds to get a speed cast buff again without Heatwave.
    Another key move that a lot of bad pyro doms forget is Purging the rogues poisons and cleaning Fell Blades off. Even if Fell Blades is on you cause you cant cleanse, if the rogue that applied it doesnt have the buff on him he cant siphon , only your heal is nerfed. The CC timer becomes a factor versus a chloro dom who doesn't have the burst without Splits up and need time for Hots and Flash heals to regen when Fell Blades isn't up.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    Purging the rogues poisons

Funny stuff...

+ Reply to Thread