+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please fix the rogue soul once and for all

DB1

Default Please fix the rogue soul once and for all

Look I love Rift but I'm so sick for being forced to play ranger or 49NB just to do decent dps in ID. Whats the use of having so many soul combinations just to be forced to play the cookie cutter of the month to do decent dps in Raids. Please fix this in 11.1 or Storm legion. I'd like to play multiple combinations and do relatively the same dps. I love rift so please fix this asap.

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Ascendant

This type of balance is pretty much impossible, there is always going to be 1-2 specs better than all the rest. Haven't seen a single MMO made that is an exception to this rule.

This isn't specific to the rogue calling...everyone has 1 spec that is better DPS than the rest in a given situation.

There are a lot of variations of the rogue soul already.. Maybe two are tops for raiding, but so many others for soloing, for sneaking around, for PVP, and for raiding.. I think they did a great job on the rogue souls

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    Look I love Rift but I'm so sick for being forced to play ranger or 49NB just to do decent dps in ID. Whats the use of having so many soul combinations just to be forced to play the cookie cutter of the month to do decent dps in Raids. Please fix this in 11.1 or Storm legion. I'd like to play multiple combinations and do relatively the same dps. I love rift so please fix this asap.
    Wait what?

A rogue talking about that they don't have many viable specs to run with....

Sab
    Ranger
    Bloodstalker
    NB
    Bard
    Tank

Ok lets go to warriors
    Tank
    51 champ
    Paragon
    Beastmaster

Mages
    Defilemancer
    Pyrolock
    Archon
    Chloro

Clerics
    ?-icar
    Puri
    Tank
    Clinging spirit bot.

Rogues have 4specs that can do over 4.5k+ ST
    Warriors/mages have 2
    Clerics have 1.

mkay thx bb
    Just click it!

Rift Disciple

I would settle just to have my Pet fixed atm.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

THe problem i that unless you make the difference in dp, urvivabiility, and encounters so cloe for melee and ranged combos guilds/players will feel forced to use specific builds. A min/max progression raid will want you to be in the absolute highet dps specc, which normally mean rangged for the fact you have few if any interupts to your dps an less chance to die. Really it is about both minizing the difference in survivability/dps of speccs, and that guild/players need to be les retrictive of what they want to bring to a raid (both of themelves and others.). This is why i have my progression toons, and fun toonss, one has the highest specc for their roles while the others have my fun specs for raiding and content.

bard isn't viable.. it's painfull to those who want to do it, and punishment to those forced to do it.

barding is like.. that guy who takes one for the team at the club, agreeing to tap that overweight una-browed troll their friends dragged with them.

Glad we got the change we submitted back in 2010, finally....
    Last edited by Mirimon; 09-17-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    bard isn't viable.. it's painfull to those who want to do it, and punishment to those forced to do it.

barding is like.. that guy who takes one for the team at the club, agreeing to tap that overweight una-browed troll their friends dragged with them.

Glad we got the change we submitted back in 2010, finally....
    This is a learn to play issue or just does not bother to do anything else then keep up buffs.
    Bard is a strong healer in many fights but many fail at just that. Heal. Also is a role thats needed in a raid. So its a viable spec.
    Just click it!

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I guess though hould bard be that strong of a healer, i mean if it ever get to where it can heal better or on par with other healers or jut replace them a a choice it i going againt the idea of a support role. Our job/role in the group should be to make others in the group preform better, make the job of other easier, and well upport the others in the group with help in the form of our utilities ((like support healing, debuff, threat controls, and ccing). That is the main reaon i would hate to see thign like dp or hp improvements to the support role souls, since it makess u go into the domain of the other roles in the line-up. I think that each role hould be defined much more and stringently, while making each other role rely on the other for their duty. Dps hould be mindful of the thier threat jut as much as a tank should be minding who is in danger of pulling agro, healer should be keeping tabs on thoe that might have iue with damage incoming jut a much a other need to watch where they are to the healer and field issues, while the uspport hould be minding what they need to do to both keep themelve preforming well while aiding the group at large.

DB1

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    Wait what?

A rogue talking about that they don't have many viable specs to run with....

Sab
    Ranger
    Bloodstalker
    NB
    Bard
    Tank
    I was referring to dps you listed 4 dps specs Sab is ae only which just means you use it on trash. So its like really 3 dps spec. Bloodstalker is like sab meaning its st only so again your only really left with 2 specs for dps w/o constantly having to change specs. But basically the only thing i'm trying to say is I'd like to have a little more versatility in build combos that doesn't do the same but to do similar dps. I'm just tired of ranger all together and that stupid pet they just should of let MM and rng to equal dps and let all the melee soul combos do similar dps sab is good where it is atm imo

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Ascendant

I was referring to dps you listed 4 dps specs Sab is ae only which just means you use it on trash. So its like really 3 dps spec. Bloodstalker is like sab meaning its st only so again your only really left with 2 specs for dps w/o constantly having to change specs. But basically the only thing i'm trying to say is I'd like to have a little more versatility in build combos that doesn't do the same but to do similar dps. I'm just tired of ranger all together and that stupid pet they just should of let MM and rng to equal dps and let all the melee soul combos do similar dps sab is good where it is atm imo
    Oh, I get your point. So if you exclude your ST only spec (you know the kind of damage thats most important on 90% of boss fights, when porting in melee range is viable) and a build that is still semi competitive ST for an aoe spec if played correctly (sab) then yeah your options are pretty limited.

My class with a plethora of dps options does not have enough dps options!

Just a tibbit, your aoe dps spec ST parses almost as much (if not equal) dps as cleric top ST dps spec.
    Last edited by Eughe; 09-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.

You are asking for multiple comparable specs but then reject them for not being top or perfect? So you want 5 top dps specs in ST, Aoe and utility?

You ask for "not the same but similar" to be versatile but then reject them because they provide versatility. You've been provided 4 spec to choose from depending on what the fight permits/needs, from BS to Sab (more ST to more AoE).

Sab can do great single target dps in the right hands

Is 51 bladedancer also an option read something about it, but not sure it`s up to date.
    Most Rogues I know are too lazy to play melee, because you have to care more what the boss is doing at same time you have to concentrate on your rotation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast