+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Well, I gotta hand it to the Rogue class...

CPO

Default Well, I gotta hand it to the Rogue class...

After using one at lvl 50 for a week and a half - it's definitely fun and even at rank 36 on my rogue toon, I can see how g'damn ez mode the kills are going to be ;)

**** just ain't fair. Muwahahaha....

That is all

Ascendant

Now you see why my warrior is retired

Ascendant

That's funny because I do substantially more damage and have more survivability on my r21 Warrior than I do on my r50 Rogue. Oh well. Play what you enjoy!
    Last edited by Synovia; 09-16-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

I'll take my rank 12 Cleric over my rank 44 Rogue
    Even free cost too much now

I like my rogue and warrior equally, but I definitely find the warrior far more mindless and more effective at bursting down harder targets. The rogue is just less reliant on healing and more reliant on assisting off of other targets or picking soft targets.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Now you see why my warrior is retired
    Hi, we're talking about Rift. No idea what you're talking about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CPO View Post
    After using one at lvl 50 for a week and a half - it's definitely fun and even at rank 36 on my rogue toon, I can see how g'damn ez mode the kills are going to be ;)

**** just ain't fair. Muwahahaha....

That is all
    Are you a Saboteur abuser
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

CPO

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Are you a Saboteur abuser
    No, haven't dabbled in that cheap *** damage dealing spec. Been running a 44 MM/22 Rngr spec. What I enjoy most is the mobility and speed. Like mage, I enjoy the range, but owing not only to the footspeed also the escapability, I feel like I get to be free to make the decisions I want to make - not having someone else force those decisions on me as often.

In time, once geared better in approx. 2 weeks, I may well go with 22 pts in RS For now (and running against so many other lower geared ppl that wf's are filled with since the GW2 launch, it's been fun being able to often dictate some of the battle field flow based on quick twitch decision making while strafing everywhere afoot.

Eradicating duty at times, burst dmg at opportune times on a target or two, slowing retreaters or backfield invaders, punting backfield melee off ally healers and forcing them to overextend, chasing away enemy dps, feinting offensive progress then retreating to pull forward enemy lines, using speed to attract overly aggressive pursuers, or laying out aoe (been using trick shot, not fanout - speced for higher dps than the latter with added bonus of combo points), even facetanking at moments before well timed escapes, etc. I feel as long as I'm sped up and moving all over the field I get to be the person dictating the action - not as often the case with mage - and at least insofar as dps mage is concerned, with more roles to play despite less # of keybinds.

As for warrior? Screw that, my a.d.d. would get in the way of such a mind numbingly boring playstyle. It's not just about killing people or laying out damage that makes pvp fun for me - if so yeah, I'd have rolled warrior.

hey now.. rogue playstyle is fun.. yes.. but the fact that it what it puts out in terms of numbers and surviving (especially in pvp) makes it lackluster. People like having fun.. losing is not fun, winning is. It would be one thing if the battles were difficult.. and victory not pre-determined, giving victory much more meaning, but rogue is definitely not on the OP side of things. chances are if you weren't steam rolling people on your warrior you were bad enough to miss the 1 button you need to mash over and over.

No, haven't dabbled in that cheap *** damage dealing spec. Been running a 44 MM/22 Rngr spec. What I enjoy most is the mobility and speed. Like mage, I enjoy the range, but owing not only to the footspeed also the escapability, I feel like I get to be free to make the decisions I want to make - not having someone else force those decisions on me as often.

In time, once geared better in approx. 2 weeks, I may well go with 22 pts in RS For now (and running against so many other lower geared ppl that wf's are filled with since the GW2 launch, it's been fun being able to often dictate some of the battle field flow based on quick twitch decision making while strafing everywhere afoot.

Eradicating duty at times, burst dmg at opportune times on a target or two, slowing retreaters or backfield invaders, punting backfield melee off ally healers and forcing them to overextend, chasing away enemy dps, feinting offensive progress then retreating to pull forward enemy lines, using speed to attract overly aggressive pursuers, or laying out aoe (been using trick shot, not fanout - speced for higher dps than the latter with added bonus of combo points), even facetanking at moments before well timed escapes, etc. I feel as long as I'm sped up and moving all over the field I get to be the person dictating the action - not as often the case with mage - and at least insofar as dps mage is concerned, with more roles to play despite less # of keybinds.

As for warrior? Screw that, my a.d.d. would get in the way of such a mind numbingly boring playstyle. It's not just about killing people or laying out damage that makes pvp fun for me - if so yeah, I'd have rolled warrior.

seems you have yet to discover that a warrior actually had more gap closers than rogue has openers.., keep trying though, I applaud your blind enthusiasm!

As a 44mm/22rng what burst damage are you talking about? Which skill(s) in your lengthy list of cooldowns are you using to destroy your opponents?

every class is op when played by the right person, it's just a matter of finding what playstyle you like the most and enjoying yourself. i have played rogue from the start and i definately enjoy it, not the ranged burst of a pyro or the pocket healing combo like a warrior, but it's all fun especially solo que.

CPO

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    As a 44mm/22rng what burst damage are you talking about? Which skill(s) in your lengthy list of cooldowns are you using to destroy your opponents?
    I listed more of my fun with the mobility, utility - but here goes....

There is some (underline 'some'). Bear in mind as mentioned, this toon is well away from p50 - but nowadays there are so many other 'unranked' opponents I think I have a good impression of where it is headed. Also, coming from CPO and relatively speaking, my geared out mage most often run as a pyrolock when in damage spec (I also run full chloro+dom, full chloro + lock, half chloro/dom, half chloro/lock, and pyro/dom), the HP bar I see coming off similarly ranked players against my roguehunter seems to dwindle faster. Trust me - if it were possible for me to duel myself against my mage I would be slaughtered as a rogue - but that wouldn't be fair given the gear disparity.

Hence, the burst I'm seeing is from setting up a target of opportunity on a single target, often with lightning fire, shadow fire, and strafe plus a finisher. That's not a rotation since I have not a single macro that includes any rotation of any kind - not on my mage or rogue.

CPO

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    seems you have yet to discover that a warrior actually had more gap closers than rogue has openers.., keep trying though, I applaud your blind enthusiasm!
    Ask me once I'm geared out and like my mage have no gear to improve. As for now? Oh no, against a p50 warrior with a gram of brain I have already well discovered that my best bet is to stay away and help others kill the thing.

My MM is fun to play but warriors rule the KBs. Any team without warriors is generally gonna lose.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast