+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rogues using 2handers?

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default Rogues using 2handers?

    "...whether you are duel wielding or using a 2h it is just inherent. You can choose to pick one up and just start using it, you don't need to be a special CALLING, you don't need special talents, you just get to do it. So we are not really limiting people that way..." -Atrius (tempest soul reveal)

    So slip of the tongue or 2hander wielding rogues?

    I'm pretty indifferent to the idea of rogue 2handers ,but I would like rogue itemization to be looked into. Currently rogues need 3 weapon drops to cover all the bases whereas the other 3 callings only need a (staff/hamer/2h sword) single weapon drop to get that sizeable dps increase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    It would take too much energy for that to be.

    See what I did there
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  3. #3
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Interesting I didn't pick up on that.

    But I'm fairly certain it isn't happening.
    Nope.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    But I'm fairly certain it isn't happening.
    What makes you say that?

    If they don't let us use 2handers the only other solution I can think of is having 1handers drop in pairs/sets.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-15-2012 at 04:12 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Nerva3x0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Thats defiantly the way it sounds. Would be interesting if so. I honestly think, unless they do an amazing job on balancing the weapons, 2 one handers will be better then a 2hander for most classes. But obviously idk. Just seams like you would have a better chance at getting more stats in the end with 2 one handers.
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 09-15-2012 at 04:14 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    What makes you say that?

    If they don't let us use 2handers the only other solution I can think of is having 1handers drop in pairs/sets.
    If they were I would have had it mentioned to me.

    I don't see the issue with 1 handers dropping, there is 5? relic 1-handers in T3.
    I would assume the drop rates would be based on the fact that all Rogues need 2 weapons.

    Also, Anger.
    Nope.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    If they were I would have had it mentioned to me.

    I don't see the issue with 1 handers dropping, there is 5? relic 1-handers in T3.
    I would assume the drop rates would be based on the fact that all Rogues need 2 weapons.

    Also, Anger.
    There's 2 relic one handers that drop. One is clearly meant for warriors. We've killed maelforge for 2 months now and only gotten 2 angers and one razing vengeance. This means that 2 rogues and 1 warrior have relic one handers. With 6-7 of each calling in our guild we need 24-28 one handers. Are you starting to see the picture?

    Then all the rogues need bows and that is a whole new issue. 5 Maelforge hearts to finish warriors for relic weapons vs 3x6-7 rogues = 18-21 hearts to fully relic rogues out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    AHH, this is something I've mentioned several times as well, and it seems we are being left with 1h options only, which is to say... no option...

    imo, they could tag this from both ends, increase 1h drop rate, while locking out a certain class from being able to even loot certain 1handers.. they have the option to do everything they can while using either 2h or 1h, it will make no difference except perhaps in the form of auto attack, according to the reveal. with 1h dropping more often than 2h.. guess what they will go for first?

    still I find it odd that no matter what you play as a rogue, you stand there at the ready with 2 weapons, but only a VERY FEW of our abilities are even effected by that second weapons. This is something that should also be remedied, and have more effect on a rogue( i.e. more dmg being done, abilities reworked, inherently more parry skill)

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    AHH, this is something I've mentioned several times as well, and it seems we are being left with 1h options only, which is to say... no option...

    imo, they could tag this from both ends, increase 1h drop rate, while locking out a certain class from being able to even loot certain 1handers.. they have the option to do everything they can while using either 2h or 1h, it will make no difference except perhaps in the form of auto attack, according to the reveal. with 1h dropping more often than 2h.. guess what they will go for first?

    still I find it odd that no matter what you play as a rogue, you stand there at the ready with 2 weapons, but only a VERY FEW of our abilities are even effected by that second weapons. This is something that should also be remedied, and have more effect on a rogue( i.e. more dmg being done, abilities reworked, inherently more parry skill)
    Got to agree with you on that lat part we need either a rework to some of the souls to have fallow-up attack that you can used that use your other weapon, as well a dual weapon attacks added in to them. Even having some soul that specilize on single one-hander weapons, with buffs/talents/root that imrpove yourone-hander that is equiped while not dual weilding. I actually think that pole-arms could work with rogues for our ranged builds, and sab even if some are redone to be more in line with rogue itemization. Doing all of this adding more attacks that utilize our second weapon, both weapons, creating a rogue soul or option that improves the weapon stats of a one-hander when not dual weilding, as well as adding re-itemized pole-arms for us to use could be nice (think staff fighters.).

  10. #10
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    I have both a kraken spine and a tarnished scythe sitting in my rogue's bank.

    I would not hesitate to drop a heart on the relic scythe just so I can open on someone's butt, from stealth, with a fiery scythe.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    It was the warrior class lead talking. He was talking about warriors.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-15-2012 at 11:11 PM.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Malignos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I realize the thread discussion isn't going in this direction but I wanted to say this anyway:

    Seeing all the changes that warriors got I can't help but feel that I don't give a damn what rogues wield if we aren't able to compete with tank ranged DPS.

    Back to topic: Dunharrow is correct.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    It was the warrior class lead talking. He was talking about warriors.
    Maybe yet the idea, as well as the fact that if enouph player/rogues want or would be interested in it could change that an lead to a change like that. I for one always found it funny we did not have use of pole-arms (and larggely only pole-arms), which to me can/do feel very much like a rogue weapon.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    There's 2 relic one handers that drop. One is clearly meant for warriors. We've killed maelforge for 2 months now and only gotten 2 angers and one razing vengeance. This means that 2 rogues and 1 warrior have relic one handers. With 6-7 of each calling in our guild we need 24-28 one handers. Are you starting to see the picture?
    What terrible luck, I think we killed it the same week and we've gotten 3 angers and 2 vengeances. Still can't believe people complained about angers dropping, it's not like it's rogue tanking junk or something.
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-16-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Just get rid of weapon DPS altogether and change the entire system to AP only like SP for mages and clerics.

    Weapon DPS introduces so many contradictions in builds its not even funny.

    Also fix Mace PA before releasing T3 PA.

    Kthxbai.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts