+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1.10 Ninja Nerf???

Default 1.10 Ninja Nerf???

I am sure most of you have noticed the horrid ability lag in ID when 1.10 came out. Now I Know this lag isn't as bad during non raiding hours but has anyone else noticed the severe Lack of DPS after 1.10 came out for rogues.

I know we have a 1sec gcd so ability lag is really bad for us but in off raiding hours I run a standard 51 ranger spec for experts and I am getting MAJOR DPS decrease since 1.10 I went from easily pulling 3000-3200 on single target bosses, depending on living energy. To only being ably to pull around 2800 maybe 2900 if I am really lucky hell some times I am around 2600 to 2700. For some reason I can not break 3k like I could a week ago, and I could do that in my sleep not even paying attention and all of a sudden 1.10 and I have the sinking feeling we got ninja nerfed or the ability lag is worse then I thought.

Am I crazy or is anyone else feeling this?

scout the forum a bit ;)
    there is an issue with our pets atm, since the latest patch
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

because ranger pets are broken again, that would contribute to it.

Do you have all the pet casts macroed into your attacks?

Prophet of Telara

And I just lol'd at all the rogue QQ - "omg ranger nerf what do naow?"

How about you should've learnt to play Sab ST properly and not decide it was too hard so cba.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Ranger ST > sabo ST.

@OP, there is a bug with the pets, will be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    And I just lol'd at all the rogue QQ - "omg ranger nerf what do naow?"

How about you should've learnt to play Sab ST properly and not decide it was too hard so cba.
    Ahh the random fail Troll come to give their snarky two cents worth like they are the dolly lama of rogue wisdom

Sherlock Sab is great for AOE but ranger is great for all around expert runs decent aoe and great single target that's why you use it in experts. And this isn't a post about sabs its about the nerf to rangers, or as people have pointed out ranger pets.
    Show me a rogue using sab on Ituziel smart ***? No they don't Right they use Ranger and with the nerf there was a raid wide drop in DPS for all rogues of around 600 dps. for me went from 4400 to 3800 Wednesday when 1.10 comes out.

So yes I can use another spec I have a sab and a fun little 51 BD I use but that's not what this is about is it?

As for the other question I was asked No I took out the pet attack macros a while ago when it showed no difference on the meters one way or the other. HAve you noticed improvements with the pets DPS with them back in??

RIFT Guide Writer

Elrar join our raid to check things out. He was a blast to have around. The point is that they know of the issues and they are working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by San0sama View Post
    Sherlock Sab is great for AOE but ranger is great for all around expert runs decent aoe and great single target that's why you use it in experts.
    Sab is significantly better in expert dungeons than ranger, because you spend far more time AoEing trash than you do on bosses-- and even then, Saboteur's ST damage is fairly close to Ranger's. Furthermore, Sab isn't anywhere near as energy starved as Ranger is.

Alex is still ignorant for saying that Ranger is useless, though, because like Hargin said, Ranger's ST is higher than Sab's.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post

Alex is still ignorant for saying that Ranger is useless, though, because like Hargin said, Ranger's ST is higher than Sab's.
    I think you are misunderstanding my point.

Ranger ST should be higher than Sab ST and certainly was pre 1.10. However with the drop in pet dps as a result of bug/lag Sab ST is ahead of rangers fractionally (sent Elrar some parses from the dummy). And whilst a fix is in the pipeline I was merely laughing at the rogues who made it out to be the end of the world until ranger is fixed and that some rogues conform to the lazy stereotype and go for the easiest option. All those naysayers who were always like "why bother learning the over complicated Sab ST rotation when ranger is better" - well now is a perfect example of why it pays not to put all your eggs in one basket.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Did they fix the pet in hotfix #2?

Sab ST even pre-1.10 was much closer to ranger than many people thought.

Yes, it was lower, but only by about 150-200 dps, making it better in ANY situation with aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding my point.

Ranger ST should be higher than Sab ST and certainly was pre 1.10. However with the drop in pet dps as a result of bug/lag Sab ST is ahead of rangers fractionally (sent Elrar some parses from the dummy). And whilst a fix is in the pipeline I was merely laughing at the rogues who made it out to be the end of the world until ranger is fixed and that some rogues conform to the lazy stereotype and go for the easiest option. All those naysayers who were always like "why bother learning the over complicated Sab ST rotation when ranger is better" - well now is a perfect example of why it pays not to put all your eggs in one basket.
    Your first post seemed to imply that you were saying something different. My apologies.

That said, it's perfectly reasonable to complain if our most viable DPS spec is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Elrar join our raid to check things out. He was a blast to have around. The point is that they know of the issues and they are working on them.
    Elrar's damage so OP!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by San0sama View Post
    Ahh the random fail Troll come to give their snarky two cents worth like they are the dolly lama of rogue

It's Dalai Lama (lama it's self just means high priest, it's not really his name more of a title added to the Dalai part..

that's your bit of wisdom for the day.

Plane Touched

Sab is cool in experts if no one else is geared. Go with a couple id geared warriors and you don't have time to blow anything up before it's already dead. So I guess it's all just situational.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast