+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PA and Bows/Guns

Default Rogue PA and Bows/Guns

So I've recently came back to RIFT after taking a 6 months break, left before T2 PA was released, and so far I've unlocked the Air/Death weapon buffs, but now I've noticed none of the dang things work on ranged weapons. Well we've got the water one (I suppose it might be useful for PVP... but waaaah?)

I was wondering has there been any explanation why we get boned on this? We've got two ranged trees, but no PA weapon buffs that work with our ranged weapons?

~ Nativus, 50, Mage ~ Vates, 50, Cleric ~ Gladius, 50, Warrior ~

There are ranged weapon PAs, PA's for guns and bows.

Either way, the way the PA bonus works is you only need to have the corresponding weapon equipped to get your bonus. So in other words, if you use 2 daggers and a bow and have all your PAs boosting daggers you'll see the attack power power in a ranged build using a bow. That also means you get the biggest bang for your buck by using two of the same melee weapon (2 daggers, 2 swords, 2 axes, etc...) because you get double the return, you get the AP bonus for each hand each time you bump the PA.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

No, I mean the buffs, the Lighting Glyph, Vamperic Essence, Razor Edge, etc.

So far as I can tell none of them apply to ranged weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativus View Post
    No, I mean the buffs, the Lighting Glyph, Vamperic Essence, Razor Edge, etc.

So far as I can tell none of them apply to ranged weapons.
    They don't yea, but you gain the benefits in a ranged build if you put them on your melee weapons.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    They don't yea, but you gain the benefits in a ranged build if you put them on your melee weapons.
    It's not so much that I care about, but the lack of having something interesting to stick on my ranged weapons. There are plenty of choices for melee weapons, and plenty for spell casters, but bows and guns get screwed.

What up with taht?

Quote Originally Posted by Nativus View Post
    It's not so much that I care about, but the lack of having something interesting to stick on my ranged weapons. There are plenty of choices for melee weapons, and plenty for spell casters, but bows and guns get screwed.

What up with taht?
    It doesn't matter, if you are ranged you still have 2 melee weapons equipped so you can still use whetstone/lightning glyph/razor edge/whatever, the fact that you don't apply them ON your ranged weapon is irrelevant.

Poison dot on bow.. Bis!

All of those buffs suck anyways except for the +30 dex for tanking. Whetstones and poisons or your doing it wrong.

Above is all correct, most of those aren't even worth unlocking. Spend ur 600 PA on something better.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Telaran

The razor's edge in the fire tree is worth having for anything not worth using a whetstone on, and gives more dps than the +30 dex buff

Rift Master

Just to make you aware: no class gets a T2 buff on their ranged weapons, so it's not specific to rogues.

I have no problems with that.

+ Reply to Thread