+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue tanks with the upcoming changes.

Default Rogue tanks with the upcoming changes.

So since combo points will be attached to the rogue, any hints at what will replace Planar Switch?

Heck, any hints at all about Riftstalker goodies in the storm?

Threat scaling off endurance maybe?

Wuz jus wunderin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnibar View Post
    So since combo points will be attached to the rogue, any hints at what will replace Planar Switch?

Heck, any hints at all about Riftstalker goodies in the storm?

Threat scaling off endurance maybe?

Wuz jus wunderin'.
    I'm far less interested to know about planar switch(since lets be honest, other than a free combo point that we really don't need, it is useless as it is now) and more interested to see what they do with Rift Scavenger. Maybe turn it into a finisher that consumes combo points to heal you since that is pretty much what it does now, just on demand instead of after the target dies?
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Ascendant

Good point on both skills, although the Rift Scavenger being an on demand healing finisher would probably be a little op unless there was a cooldown attached, or if the healing percentage was reduced (to near useless levels). Maybe move it really high up in the tree 30+ or 40+ points to avoid the PvP complaints.

As for Planar Switch, maybe make it force a monster to run (or teleport) to you to help with ranged mob gathering when LoS may not always be an available or viable option. Again, make it high up in the tank tree to avoid complaints from the other side.
    Last edited by Adastra; 09-05-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

rift scavenger is amazing as it is and necessary in most of my pvp builds, i hope they dont change it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skaleek View Post
    rift scavenger is amazing as it is and necessary in most of my pvp builds, i hope they dont change it.
    After Storm Legion combo points are stored on the Rogue not your target (which allows you to carry them between targets).

Rift Scavenger will have to be changed. It simply wouldn't work with the CP change. Neither would Planar Switch (and good riddance to that ability, heh).
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-05-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Ah good point i hadnt thought of that.

Plane Touched

the new 31 point ability will be the opposite of planar switch, instead of moving your combo points to a new target it forces rift Scavenger to consume them.

LOL
    Last edited by Firieth; 09-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.

The rogue calling was build in a way that the devs need to mess with it just a bit in order to screw up with everything. Rift Scavenger is my favorite skill from RS, it's great to save the skill point and always keep my Hp full while pulling trash in instances. I'm hoping trion will come with a way around for this feature of he rogue tank, so to compensate - in case they remove rift scavenger, without turning it into an useless finisher (we already have meditative trance, which I never use...).

If we do lose rift scavenger we better get a buff similar to radiantspores/salvation/pboea to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    If we do lose rift scavenger we better get a buff similar to radiantspores/salvation/pboea to compensate.
    Sab heals could happen if they did something like that (and put it low enough in the tree). If that happened, I think I would see Zyzyx as some kind of Prophet. Wait, what am I saying?!?!
    Last edited by Adastra; 09-05-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I think they could leave rift scavenger in so when the mob dies you get heals based on your current CPs, dunno if they would have it consume them or not. Alternately convert it to a finisher.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    I think they could leave rift scavenger in so when the mob dies you get heals based on your current CPs, dunno if they would have it consume them or not. Alternately convert it to a finisher.
    I could see that be incredibly OP for soloing if it didn't consume them, although it would be fun to pull a lot then just sit at 5 CP's and don't use finishers!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I could see that be incredibly OP for soloing if it didn't consume them, although it would be fun to pull a lot then just sit at 5 CP's and don't use finishers!
    Or even small group with no real healer, "omg AoE harder guys! I'm not healing fast enough from your kills!!11!1"
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    I think they could leave rift scavenger in so when the mob dies you get heals based on your current CPs, dunno if they would have it consume them or not.
    This would be fine if they put an internal CD on it to prevent tanks from sitting around with 5 CPs and getting infinite heals.

There are a lot of other ways they could keep the same basic functionality of Rift Scavenger even with CP changes.
    • Make it an off-GCD finisher that puts a debuff on the mob which heals you when it dies based on the number of CPs used. This would actually be a slight buff to the ability since you would no longer have to hold your CPs and wait for it to die.
    • Using a CP builder on the target gives the mob a stacking debuff that "pops" when it dies, healing you.
    • Making it an active ability with some CD (~7 seconds) that puts a debuff on the mob, causing you to heal for your current CPs when the mob with the debuff dies. Could also work as a buff on yourself.
    Making it a finisher is the best and simplest idea. I really think it would have to be off-GCD though, as GCDs are very precious for tanks.

Off topic, but they really need to take all tanking cooldowns off the GCD. As bad as it is for rogues, its horrible for Clerics. Warriors are invincible gods and have no use for cooldowns.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-06-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Ascendant

Having Rift Scavenger give the current 30% heal every time a mob dies when you're sat at 5CP... Heh, no I don't see that happening. I could see it being easily exploitable in AoE situations by just frantically tabbing between mobs as they die and becoming nigh-invulnerable.

I'm not opposed to having Rift Scavenger remain as some kind of self heal. But it's mechanic will have to be completely changed somehow.
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-06-2012 at 08:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast