+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mayi

Thread: Rogue Melee DPS Spec For Expert Dunegons?

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue Melee DPS Spec For Expert Dunegons?

Hello!

I am looking to invest in a melee spec on my Rogue for expert dunegons that will give decent numbers. I have no clue about rogue melee dps, however, and really am confused of which path I should go. If you have any specs you would like to share please feel free! ^^ I would really like to try being melee with my Rogue and any help is welcomed!

I'd recommend playing sab or MM. I wouldn't recommend playing a rogue melee spec in a dungeon.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

I typically run Bladedancer (51BD/10Sin/5RS) in experts and it's proved more than adequate for those for me. Between Combat Efficiency and BaSP it's not energy starved like other Rogue melee builds can be without Fervor/LE and I think it has a good balance of ST for bosses and AoE for trash, decent numbers in both cases. Plus nailing a huge pull with Dancing Steel and BaSP makes me smile every time.

Never had anyone give me a hard time for running it over Sab or MM in there. Or even comment on it. Heh.
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-02-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I usually run with 49 Nightblade/17 Assassin (as seen in Zzyzyzyxxzxz's Guide), good ST, good AE, 2 damage reducing cooldowns for when someone screws up.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    I typically run Bladedancer (51BD/10Sin/5RS) in experts and it's proved more than adequate for those for me. Between Combat Efficiency and BaSP it's not energy starved like other Rogue melee builds can be without Fervor/LE and I think it has a good balance of ST for bosses and AoE for trash, decent numbers in both cases. Plus nailing a huge pull with Dancing Steel and BaSP makes me smile every time.

Never had anyone give me a hard time for running it over Sab or MM in there. Or even comment on it. Heh.
    By the sound of it, the spec sounds nifty. Perhaps you can hook me up sometime? I'm honestly confused and lost when it comes to these things.

Well you can actually play almost any spec in dungeons. They aren't very difficult afterall so spec isn't very important. Sab should yeild the highest dps out of any rogue spec if your goal is to max dps.

If you want to play the highest dps spec then it would be sab. When I do dungeons the tanks tend to do one long pull and never stop moving through the instance. Playing melee can be annoying because if you fall behind the tank you can't really dps.

As for bladedancer, here's the spec:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...adedancer.html

I would recommend waiting for your 4 piece HK set bonus though, otherwise you can't always keep a dance up.
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Oh I dunno about really needing the 4pc to Bladedancer effectively in an expert dungeon. Since there's often going to be a few seconds break between trash pulls anyway the timers should usually "catch up" with you, if you know what I mean.

And there's no way a boss (well, okay, maybe one or two I can think of) is going to last longer than a full four-dance-rotation in those things.
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-03-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Oh I dunno about really needing the 4pc to Bladedancer effectively in an expert dungeon. Since there's often going to be a few seconds break between trash pulls anyway the timers should usually "catch up" with you, if you know what I mean.

And there's no way a boss (well, okay, maybe one or two I can think of) is going to last longer than a full four-dance-rotation in those things.
    Thank you! I also heard something about a rogue solo spec. Do you have any idea what that is as well? ^^ If you do you can just tell me the souls and the numbers in it, then I can attempt to take it from there!

Quote Originally Posted by Annatherogue View Post
    Thank you! I also heard something about a rogue solo spec. Do you have any idea what that is as well? ^^ If you do you can just tell me the souls and the numbers in it, then I can attempt to take it from there!
    The rogue solo spec can be found in Zyzyx's Rogue Bible, which is stickied in the Rogue Guides forum.

In the same forum section, you can find Gyle's Bladedancer guide.

Shifting a few points around is what i used to use to solo with. It can also double as the tank for t2's pending your gear and experience with it.

Would probably be disastrous to try and tank with it when you're unfamiliar with it.

I run it when i get slotted as a tank in random t2 queues... mostly because i can basically solo them in that spec and heavily outgearing that content.

If you're brand new to dpsing as a rogue, though, 51MM is fairly solid for t2s, and easy to use.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 09-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread