+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tactician/bard thread

Default Tactician/bard thread

Hartsman ran through pax as bard/tactician.

Here's the video: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/330756978

Here's his soultree: http://imgur.com/6MW8y

Ability mouseovers: http://imgur.com/gim5e

First impression looks like tactician is going to be a gimmicky damage soul with some heals. Time will only tell if this fits in well with the rogue calling or if it is simply too gimmicky to work one or more boss encounters like many of the rogue specs we've seen in the past. Worse case scenario is that tactician is a confused soul that doesn't really excel in dps or healing effectively being a "double bard" that is also necessary to bring to raids when forming raid comps.
    http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com...ed_454x374.jpg

Tactician: Obviously you have the chemical bomb that you can't place in "necrotic core". Then the other ability we saw was "curative engine" which heals you for a small amount when hit.

Bard: New ability called "cadenza" that does more damage than cadence ,but does not proc invigorated soul heals it seems. Then there is a toggle called "multiple oscillations" that makes them hit 3 targets ,but hit for 50% less. Important note that invigorated soul does not appear to have a ICD so it appeared he was healing himself for 1200 hps against 3 or more targets. Fanfares got boosted by 15 stat points. Anthem of glory now gives 1400 armor so maybe will be used in the future. Hahah.

Harmonic distortion is perhaps the most interesting new ability. Two separate buffs that stack to 5 giving increased healing and damage. It appears they can be consumed to heal allies. New "coda of agony" does a sizeable amount of damage and it looks like something helps reset its cooldown.

Obviously there are the QoL additions of less motif management and cadence on the move.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-02-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Hey back off mckayla maroney she is a intelligent beautiful woman and my future wife whether she knows it or not.

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

those barding abilities have me intrigued.. notice the 30m range on them?? hm... (apply this to cadence asap!) or make anybody else not using guns/bows/magic use a shorter range just for some semblance, if small, of realism..

for comparison.. guns are effective up to 1.5+ km, bows can be effective for ~1.4km, the avg person can barely throw past ~45m with a grenade, throwing a satchel charge is out of the question (they weight about 20lbs.)

but that's neither here nor there.

can't wait to get my hands on this

Healing would be bad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Hartsman ran through pax as bard/tactician.

Here's the video: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/330756978

Here's his soultree: http://imgur.com/6MW8y

Ability mouseovers: http://imgur.com/gim5e

First impression looks like tactician is going to be a healing/damage gimmicky confused soul.
    http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com...ed_454x374.jpg

Tactician: Obviously you have the chemical bomb that you can't place in necrotic core. Then the other ability we saw was curative engine which heals you for a small amount when hit.
    The heal on being hit is pretty neat to bad it is a strippable buff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

everything on bard, and most of all our other souls is 100% purgeable.. in the end of a purgespam fest we are usually void of any buffs (except those from item usage)...

Right moving on, it does look like Tactician is the Harbinger for Rogues.
    Very versatile and may mix well with the rest of the souls.
    Last edited by Aguni; 09-01-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Right moving on, it does look like Tactician is the Harbinger for Rogues.
    Very versatile and may mix well with the rest of the souls.
    What makes you say that?

Shadowlander

Where did Serrated Blades go? Don't see it in the Sin tree~

Not too excited about Tactician myself, will wait for release and more info though.
    Torme - Rogue
    No Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Torme View Post

Not too excited about Tactician myself, will wait for release and more info though.
    I feel the exact same about tactician.

About Serrated blades missing, oh wow that could be HUGE! I did notice magnify pain got lowered down to 2nd tier tree to be more in line with the crit mods of other callings. No more 49/17 specs.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-02-2012 at 12:22 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Serrated Blades missing is a good thing in my opinion. It's a nightmare to balance and has caused all our melee dps specs to be tied to daggers and the assassin soul for best dps all this time.

Also combo points being stored on the rogue instead of target is the best thing there. It's been a horrible nuisance and a big reason why our melee specs have trouble performing in a lot of fights.

Ascendant

Holy...

Combo points being stored on the Rogue. Cadence on the move. Motifs refreshing with Finishers. Different types of "Cadence" to pick in battle. Actual class mechanics on the Bard!

Could the Bard actually become... fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Torme View Post

Serrated still there its on 5th tier left to stealth icon but due to low image quality its hard to notice.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Serrated still there its on 5th tier left to stealth icon but due to low image quality its hard to notice.
    That doesn't look like serrated blades to me at lest on the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I did notice magnify pain got lowered down to 2nd tier tree to be more in line with the crit mods of other callings. No more 49/17 specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Both of these changes are huge, 51 point build ranged souls will be a lot more powerful. Melee should overall improve as well but missing serrated blades will hurt.

About tactician, he was only 15 points into tactician so I don't think you can get much about the new soul from what little we saw. Have to wait for it a full reveal to get more info.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast