+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Bard has been rescued!?

Default Bard has been rescued!?

Has Bard been rescued?

Looking at the gameplay we have the following at lvl 55 vs. lvl ~52 mobs

*Cadence/Cadenza ticking for ~2k about double what it does now at 50, so though there are sure to be buffs from the level difference, it would seem the root of cadence itself got it's long overdue buffing.

*Cadence/Cadenza on the move! While we also would have liked bard to have 30m range, it still looked like 20m or less for us, but with MOBILITY!

* Cadenza, a newer form similar to cadence which can also be made into AOE dmg.

*Motifs, the number Motifs seem to have either been reduced or they didn't bother using the +to heal one, but more importantly, THEY REFRESH ON FINISHER!

Also.. perhaps it is for Bard, or The entire class in general, but it looks like we finally get what warrior has had since beta, we don't lose our cp's!! they are now attached to us!!

There were some stacking buffs that can be spent in a directed heal, but I think that actually came from Tactician.

Seems there is another version of "Power Chord", though we did not see what that was about.

I also saw an ability to instantly obtain 5cp, but it wasn't Riff!!

off subject, PA will be account bound.. and much more easily managed per level.

The answer for Battle Rez is NO, for now.. seems they are designing raid mechanics so that we will be using less battle res over all. hopefully that does not equate to content nerfed out the gate.??

Edit.. the stacking abiltiies may indeed be bard related.. +dmg and +healing, with options to burn them for death blows and oh**** heals
    Last edited by Mirimon; 09-01-2012 at 07:08 PM.

What I would still hope to see for bard.. is cleansing, and 30 meter range.. 30 meters!! ffs oh please 30 meters!!...

...Where? Where did you find this?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    * Cadenza, a newer form similar to cadence which can also be made into AOE dmg.
    The ability in question applies to both Cadence and Cadenza. The real question is, what the hell is Cadenza?
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Has Bard been rescued?
    -_-
    *Cadence/Cadenza ticking for ~2k about double what it does now at 50, so though there are sure to be buffs from the level difference, it would seem the root of cadence itself got it's long overdue buffing.
    First of all, even if this was true in terms of gameplay, I would be opposed to this change occurring.
    Bard is SUPPORT, it should NOT be performing anywhere close to what a Chloromancer/Cleric does in terms of healing period.

Similar to how archon is a support and does terrible DPS.

Second, they probably have god mode going on as they usually do whenever they showcase something new.

*Cadence/Cadenza on the move! While we also would have liked bard to have 30m range, it still looked like 20m or less for us, but with MOBILITY!
    30m >=(

Also.. perhaps it is for Bard, or The entire class in general, but it looks like we finally get what warrior has had since beta, we don't lose our cp's!! they are now attached to us!!
    That is a very nice change. Definitely helps with target swapping.

Great.

The answer for Battle Rez is NO, for now.. seems they are designing raid mechanics so that we will be using less battle res over all. hopefully that does not equate to content nerfed out the gate.??
    Battle rezzing occurs when you suck.
    I'd rather they keep things as difficult as laethys used to be,

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    -_-

First of all, even if this was true in terms of gameplay, I would be opposed to this change occurring.
    Bard is SUPPORT, it should NOT be performing anywhere close to what a Chloromancer/Cleric does in terms of healing period.

Similar to how archon is a support and does terrible DPS.

Second, they probably have god mode going on as they usually do whenever they showcase something new.

30m >=(

That is a very nice change. Definitely helps with target swapping.

Great.

Battle rezzing occurs when you suck.
    I'd rather they keep things as difficult as laethys used to be,
    cry all you want, demanding everybody but you to be nerfed to the floor. but the above are facts, it's happening, but.. if things follow suite compared to what the last 2 years has been, this only means your class will be even more OP than before.

face it, bard is broken, and should have been treated with this long ago, you would have to be either mentally deficient or trolling to even say otherwise.

and no, Battle rez happens when others suck.. being the people standing about strumming loots and not being able to help out in that department as we doze off to 1-2-3-4-5, cp, cor, 1-2-3-4-5 was just agonizing.. so yeah, blame the bards for wanting to help out.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 09-01-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    The ability in question applies to both Cadence and Cadenza. The real question is, what the hell is Cadenza?
    and a cadenza is just italian for cadence, it refers to when a soloist is given opportunity to do his thing unrestricted, usually before a final piece of the composition (most of the musical terms we know today are from italian roots (since it was also the time we standardized musical notation as human beings, instead of using neumes or "modes")

* Emphasis added.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    ...Where? Where did you find this?
    Where did you get this information? There some video links somewhere ?
    Last edited by aabuster1; 09-01-2012 at 09:06 PM.

So what happens to PA levels that are beyond the cap? =P

Like if my main's capped and my alt's got 500ish?

Poof? Or are they doing T3 PA along with that change, in which case I'd pretty much be automatically capped?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Has Bard been rescued?

I don't think cadence is double what it is now at 50. ~2k was with 'anti-planar' whatever, or the version of holy champion which doubles damage. Cadence/Cadenza damage seemed about the same relative to coda of fury it is now.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/330756978
    Last edited by Mayi; 09-01-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

What I would still hope to see for bard.. is cleansing, and 30 meter range.. 30 meters!! ffs oh please 30 meters!!...
    Negative, 20m is fine.. Rogues have range advantages in dps and should have subpar healing range...
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 09-01-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

nah, at 55 he was hitting avg at 2k, the whole time, not with some planar augments (which he only briefly used) what was really buffing it was the stacks of dissonance. now.. which portion of this number was due to being 55 vs 50, and which portion is due to cadence getting buffed itself is of question..

I also wonder if the number of targets healed using our abilities is and will be still tuned for 5m content (of which bard is not needed) or ramped up to effect 10+ players for raid content would be something I would like to know.

can't get a hold of this soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Negative, 20m is fine.. Rogues have range advantages in dps and should have subpar healing range...
    Bards aren't healing, they're support, so imo we need 30M support range. Increase pls
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    see, what you don't understand is that 20m range effects ALL bard abilities.. DEBUFFS included. no matter what we have for combo points we cannot use those w/o jumping into that danger zone (and ffs, casters.. you have 30m range use it....)

I see the fight to nerf bard has begun

cry all you want,
    Much like how you cry about Mages?
    demanding everybody but you to be nerfed to the floor.
    That would imply it has already hit live.

but the above are facts, it's happening,
    Doubt it. If bard became a healing soul the outrage would be immense as that would give Rogues the magical 4th role, and Trion won't do it.

but.. if things follow suite compared to what the last 2 years has been, this only means your class will be even more OP than before.
    Your bias is showing.
    By the way I play a rogue to but hey, what do I know.
    face it, bard is broken, and should have been treated with this long ago, you would have to be either mentally deficient or trolling to even say otherwise.
    Bard wasn't broken, you are just a dramatic individual.
    The problems with bard was primarily due to their range and what they brought to the raid.
    Healing was never at all an issue, and should never be something a bard brings to the group.
    That is what you have puri/icar/ward/sent/chloro souls for, since they are meant for healing.

Bard is support, it should stay that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast