+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need bard help

Default need bard help

does the Invigorating Soulstone modify the final heal(valor/vengence and ap/crit modified) or the base heal?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

There's not much difference. Code of Restoration scales terribly, and this item is terrible. The vast majority of your healing comes from Cadence.

If you want a healing bard greater, you want Hailstone Tideshard.

However, I recommend getting the Crescent Shadesource and/or Faded Shadesource. You're there to buff, not heal. Be a better buffer.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-31-2012 at 11:12 AM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-how-bard.html says everything for you.

Use shielding essences, much much better!

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

i understand that shielding greaters are best and i know how to bard, but that wasnt my question does it modify the final or base heal?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terran698 View Post
    i understand that shielding greaters are best and i know how to bard, but that wasnt my question does it modify the final or base heal?
    It doesn't matter. Coda's scaling is total garbage.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.

it only adds +40 hp to the final effect of CoR going off. Stay away from using this, infact.. of all the class essences Ranger is most likely the only one of benefit, but not for barding.

What effects CoR is AP
    What effects cadence/invig soul is + to DMG.

Stick with either the buffing core or shielding core as requested by raid, as healing cores are actually +ap melee dps cores.

Until you get songblade upgraded, you will be using cadence as a primary heal.

when songblade is upgraded.. healing is out the window in favor of proccing for buffs, so for the sake of speed and effectiveness something like power chord/swift shots will get you 2-3 cp with CoR in between

While Burnbard has me doing +1K more heals with CoR and ~+200-400 more with cadence vs. the standard Bard ( totaling an average of 2.5k More HPS), fractions of the raid will still appreciate VoJ for fixing their energy starvation, so for raid just stick with the normal builds.

When it comes to itemizing for bard, trion failed.. as they did in general with the entire soul, lets hope the SL fix is good.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 09-01-2012 at 11:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread