+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question!! BloodStalker for Ituziel !

Default Question!! BloodStalker for Ituziel !

Am planning to start using BS for Ituzei this week since i heared it can parse 4.8 to 4.9 but i heared it has alot of Mechanics i must be aware of .
    So can one of the expert rogues who has been using BS on him to share thier experience and light our way please <3
    Like Wher do i have to stand , when do i have to move away , how to avoid his cleave etc.

Thanks in advance

Whatever happened to the whole figuring stuff out and the process being the fun part bit? :|

If you need to have someone tell you where to stand as bloodstalker, I highly recommend you try your hand at a different spec.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

If you get hit by wave cleanse soul, but try not to =P

Your raid should be tanking ituz via melee standing still method aka the squash? method.

Keep max melee range behind him. The 2 mechanics to look out for is Word of Incineration and the aoe he drops on the tank. Standing max melee range behind him negates this. Basically during Word of Incineration if you are in front of the boss you get OHKO and portal spawns usually wiping raid. And the aoe is dropped on tank and kills any melee too close to the tank.

Might want to spec into extra 6% reduced damage taken/mitigation [3/3] from reflect since Rift barrier doesn't proc its reflect here from the fire rain mechanic [bug?], but do keep Rift Barrier itself.

As to the actual rotation of BS, aim to get energy starved as much as possible.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 08-29-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Whatever happened to the whole figuring stuff out and the process being the fun part bit? :|

If you need to have someone tell you where to stand as bloodstalker, I highly recommend you try your hand at a different spec.
    First i would like to thank you for your fast reply which was unfortunately not helping at all and indicates your lack of understanding the whole point of my question , but anyway i`ll help you with that , My question "where do i have stand" was meant to be like melee positioned as i never been melee on him and rarely go melee spec , If you spent more than that 20 sec you took to read the my topic you would have see the whole point , but sadly you took 10 to 15 sec reading then replied fast .
    but again thanks for your fast reply .
    So lets start over any EXPERT rogue help in this would be appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    First i would like to thank you for your fast reply which was unfortunately not helping at all and indicates your lack of understanding the whole point of my question , but anyway i`ll help you with that , My question "where do i have stand" was meant to be like melee positioned as i never been melee on him and rarely go melee spec , If you spent more than that 20 sec you took to read the my topic you would have see the whole point , but sadly you took 10 to 15 sec reading then replied fast .
    but again thanks for your fast reply .
    So lets start over any EXPERT rogue help in this would be appreciated .
    Mmm, troll bait. nom nom nom.

My advice was sound. If you had no idea where to stand as bloodstalker, you should do a different spec.

There's only one place to be standing as a BS, which is obvious if you've played it or spent any time figuring out why it works.

At the very least its a ridiculously easy step in logic: Stand with the warriors. Because hey, they've spent their entire raiding career standing in melee. It would stand to reason that they just might have a clue as to where to stand.

But yes. I would very much rather spend time typing out useless things. After all, you're wasting my time. Why can't I waste yours? =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Mmm, troll bait. nom nom nom.

My advice was sound. If you had no idea where to stand as bloodstalker, you should do a different spec.

There's only one place to be standing as a BS, which is obvious if you've played it or spent any time figuring out why it works.

At the very least its a ridiculously easy step in logic: Stand with the warriors. Because hey, they've spent their entire raiding career standing in melee. It would stand to reason that they just might have a clue as to where to stand.

But yes. I would very much rather spend time typing out useless things. After all, you're wasting my time. Why can't I waste yours? =P
    Again thnks for your fast reply ( wish all the users like you "in fast reply tihng only" )
    as for the question which seems to be bothering you in hard way i think Nnnxia answered it with "stand max melee range"
    I didnt say that "i have no idea where to stand" as you quoted me ,everyone knows that melee needs to be Behind but some bosses you cant exactly be Behind like laethys.
    also let me correct you " you are wasting your own time " as for me i want to waste some time as am bored at work so ye keep entertaining me please

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Again thnks for your fast reply ( wish all the users like you "in fast reply tihng only" )
    as for the question which seems to be bothering you in hard way i think Nnnxia answered it with "stand max melee range"
    I didnt say that "i have no idea where to stand" as you quoted me ,everyone knows that melee needs to be Behind but some bosses you cant exactly be Behind like laethys.
    also let me correct you " you are wasting your own time " as for me i want to waste some time as am bored at work so ye keep entertaining me please
    Does your guild have warriors? Stand with them. Not confident? Youtube the fight from the perspective of a bloodstalker. Just want tips? Ask for tips on the fight for melee.

Tip: If your tanks are not at max range, make sure to time your blinks to avoid Brimstone Fissure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    If you get hit by wave cleanse soul, but try not to =P
    Never knew that worked. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-29-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Here's some tips and what I've done that's helped. I'm no expert though:

1. Don't melee disconnect at all during the fight. Move to the sides if you must, if you can't dodge the wave eat it and use cleanse soul from the pvp tree. Try to save cleanse soul for a corner wave since you can get double hit.
    2. Download KBM and have it track Brimstone. I have it on a timer plus I have the sides of my screen flash when it goes off. Don't port when Brimstone is going off or if there's only a second left until it goes off.
    3. After porting make sure you go back to max melee range. It's helpful to use a warrior as a guide to make sure you don't back up too much. Takes a whlie to get the hang of it, last parse I had 3 swift shots meaning I backed up too much.
    4. Make sure your tanks are aware that they radiate damage so they stand max melee range. Tanks are generally lazy and the more they do a fight the less they pay attention to mechanics that don't directly effect them.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Here's some tips and what I've done that's helped. I'm no expert though:

1. Don't melee disconnect at all during the fight. Move to the sides if you must, if you can't dodge the wave eat it and use cleanse soul from the pvp tree. Try to save cleanse soul for a corner wave since you can get double hit.
    2. Download KBM and have it track Brimstone. I have it on a timer plus I have the sides of my screen flash when it goes off. Don't port when Brimstone is going off or if there's only a second left until it goes off.
    While the rest of Mayi's points are also good, these two are the biggest. Depending on the strat used (we use something like the wall strat, except further out), you can dodge most of the waves by moving around Ituziel (don't be in front of him otherwise you might get the kick in the face). There's typically only one wave where it might cause you to disconnect, again depending on positioning of the tanks. You can Cleanse Soul to ignore a wave just as it hits.

Be aware of the Brimstone timer, and be wary of using blinks right after WoI is cast, usually the timer ends up such that he will Brimstone ~1-2 sec after WoI.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Where did you stand in the past when you were using Ranger?

For BS, make sure that you back out to max melee after you port in. I'm under the assumption, though, that your raid will be responsible for letting you know where they want you to be for your individual strategy.

I don't think that there are any times when you are forced to disconnect from movement. You should be able to avoid the waves and maintain the connection. Personally, I wouldn't voluntarily take any waves. I would just learn to avoid them while staying on him. Dead DPS do 0 DPS.

Also... good advice Mayi and Caelastra.
    Last edited by finnroughlaonall; 09-02-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    finnroughlaonall 8/8 ID <Invictus> of Gnarlwood

+ Reply to Thread