+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Aggro

  1. #1
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default Aggro

    Ok now.. pretty sick of this.. as a bard, we naturally get aggro on a pull, a bard with motiffs running even more so.. But our buffs are soo strong now that merely performing them places the entire raid in combat w/o there actially being in a fight.. (FFS tanks use abilities not faces pls)

    the issue seems to stem from the use of my buff core when going pure buff bard, which has the 2 greaters that add ap/sp on heal proc.. the instant these proc it places all of us in combat. Any word on fixing this issue and any similar ones?

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Don't use motif of Regeneration on the pull.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    The issue may not just be MoR, it may be whatever Anthem you are running as an aura that's up will put the person who cast the aura in combat whenever someone in the party/raid under the effect of the aura enters combat.

    Annoying, agreed. Fixable, I'm not sure.

    World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Only issue I have found is Regeneration I have pulled agro a few times stopped using it on the pull now i'm fine.

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Might not be just your fault, The Archons auras and the chloros Living Energy have the same issues at some of the bosses in ID. I usually don't apply LE until after pull when we do those, and i know that our Archon and Bard is doing the same with their stuff.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    nono, I have long since been aware of these "traditional" aggro issues as a bard, and how trion is giggling that the least threatening player on the team somehow is the one with the threat..

    I wanted to focus on the issue of these abilities and item procs putting the raid into combat.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    Ok now.. pretty sick of this.. as a bard, we naturally get aggro on a pull, a bard with motiffs running even more so.. But our buffs are soo strong now that merely performing them places the entire raid in combat w/o there actially being in a fight.. (FFS tanks use abilities not faces pls)
    I think this is maybe what caused people to think this thread was bout Bard aggro...

    the issue seems to stem from the use of my buff core when going pure buff bard, which has the 2 greaters that add ap/sp on heal proc.. the instant these proc it places all of us in combat. Any word on fixing this issue and any similar ones?
    It places the raid in combat before tank pulls? I've never seen this, that's why I ask. But, then again I only run with the shield greaters. Sounds pretty annoying yes, but might be more of an issue with the greaters than with the Bard, or is it only Bards that have this bug?

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Tell your tank to stop body pulling or pulling with a taunt and actually hit the mobs. Problem solved.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    It places the raid in combat before tank pulls? I've never seen this, that's why I ask. But, then again I only run with the shield greaters. Sounds pretty annoying yes, but might be more of an issue with the greaters than with the Bard, or is it only Bards that have this bug?
    Yeah it does. It's awesome to see the Bard doing buffs and suddenly "oh there goes an arrow" and Maelforge starts blasting people with Fiery Death.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Yeah it does. It's awesome to see the Bard doing buffs and suddenly "oh there goes an arrow" and Maelforge starts blasting people with Fiery Death.
    We had a scythe, mage blade and cleric staff drop from the conclave yesterday.

    BY the way I've seen the bards do that before.
    We also had a guildie who regularly pulled with his tiger pet.
    Hilarity always ensued.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    We had a scythe, mage blade and cleric staff drop from the conclave yesterday.

    BY the way I've seen the bards do that before.
    We also had a guildie who regularly pulled with his tiger pet.
    Hilarity always ensued.
    We had our first-ever weapon off of Laethys to upgrade yesterday (bow). It was our 11th kill. Worldwide top 3 guild and maybe a quarter of us will have relics by SL at this rate lol.

    I don't know what it is with the Beastmaster pet. There used to be a bug way back when BM was *the* Warrior DPS spec that would cause it to randomly enter itself into combat and start attacking as if it was set to Aggressive. The best part about these pulls is the huge cat pet is pretty conspicuous and slow-moving so you can see it happening sort of in slow motion just as the boss grabs a target and starts the slaughter. I think something with BM might actually still cause random entering into combat which also causes Rogues targeting a boss to start ranged auto-attacking.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 08-23-2012 at 05:00 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I don't know what it is with the Beastmaster pet. There used to be a bug way back when BM was *the* Warrior DPS spec that would cause it to randomly enter itself into combat and start attacking as if it was set to Aggressive. The best part about these pulls is the huge cat pet is pretty conspicuous and slow-moving so you can see it happening sort of in slow motion just as the boss grabs a target and starts the slaughter. I think something with BM might actually still cause random entering into combat which also causes Rogues targeting a boss to start ranged auto-attacking.
    Pretty much why I stopped targeting a boss before a pull now, unless I see the tank running in. Although, in my case, it's usually because I use right click a lot to rotate my character/camera, and sometimes it also causes your character to enter auto attack mode and... curse that arrow/bullet.

    Edit: I've noticed that whenever I enter Ituziel's room from the miniboss side, it causes me to auto target him for some reason. It's like the game wants me to accidentally hit him or something.
    Last edited by Adastra; 08-23-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  13. #13
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I raided hardcore for 4 years. Good tanks tell all the DPS to DPS the mob while he's pulling it back - because he will be fine with aggro anyway.

    Just sayin'
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Ok, I am aware of the issues with healing and even motifs drawing aggro but serious... Anthems? Took a few pulls in raid to figure out not to be loading up my motifs as I run in (everyone's a music critic) but I was still getting one-shot once in a while on things as simple and silly as T2 raid rifts... Do I really need to be turning off my anthems for every pull until aggro has been established?

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alstius View Post
    Ok, I am aware of the issues with healing and even motifs drawing aggro but serious... Anthems? Took a few pulls in raid to figure out not to be loading up my motifs as I run in (everyone's a music critic) but I was still getting one-shot once in a while on things as simple and silly as T2 raid rifts... Do I really need to be turning off my anthems for every pull until aggro has been established?
    Anthem along with other abilities (Archon, Beastmaster....) is pulsing, so yes they pull agro. Some times it feels like mobs can smell a bard through walls... On the other side, on controlled pulls it's no problem to keep everything up, tanks should be used to it by now. So before we engage a fight now I put up anthem and all motifs. But I put up my motifs before I start, so I don't increase hitpoints and then give me or a healer a nasty start by healing up the entire raid's hitpoints at the same time as the tank pulls Of course this way I'm the first (and some times even the only one) to go down with a splat if someone shoots an arrow or something...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts