+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best ID/PF melee weapons?

Default Best ID/PF melee weapons?

Just wondering what the best 2 ID/PF level melee weapons are - For use in melee I mean, obviously not in terms of stats, thats easy to work out.

I know someone said way back when ID was still in testing that Greed+Wrath were the best combo, yet I've never seen any actual data to back this up, & obviously it was before PF.

So, would greed & wrath be best? What about Anger with Blade of the burning forest? Or any combination of these.

Also do any of them proc from ranged attacks? As we need to play ranger so often it would be nice to know this too.

RIFT Guide Writer

I think anger+blade of the burning forest is the best combo. You want the faster autoattack speed for more serrated blades and quicker procs. Greed+wrath is probably the second best combo because of the set bonus, or if we would ever have a melee spec without serrated blades then it would be the best.

The melee weapons sometimes proc from range or at least anger does. You might see 20-25 dps per proc weapon when playing ranger.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

If its best for ranged, its also best for melee. Faster attack speed does not even come close to outweighing stat gains.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-21-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Well can we please get a definitive answer?

So there are five one hand relics in total.

On Qan's BIS list, for bloodstalkler this is the order in BIS:

Anger
    Blade of the burning forest (Put this second because with ID gear, i don't think many people are at 1187 or above in a raid setting)
    Greed
    Razing Vengeance
    Wrath

So Anger, which drops off Maelforge has a proc of fire dmg, but also pairs up with a trinket, which has a weeping edge sort of proc on it, and combining the two makes that more powerful. If someone can test how much dps the proc exactly is, with...and without the trinket that would be great.
    This would allow us to determine if that proc is better than Conquest trinket, and the trinket off laethys, which i highly doubt.

Then combining the two Rusillas daggers, allows you to get that more powerful proc from both weapons, as well as using whatever trinket you want.

Does anyone even see the use for Razing Vengeance?, unless you couple that with Anger, and you don't have the blade of the burning forest.

Guess I should have been more specific:

Basically with swords you will lose a little in serrated blades, possibly auto attacks/poison procs?(not sure about that), so I was wondering if the proc bonus on greed + wrath would outweigh that, against the Anger + BotBF procs, could also do with thinking about the possible loss from trinkets too if you pair Anger with the trinket, instead of using conquest trinket/GI etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnes View Post
    against the Anger + BotBF procs, could also do with thinking about the possible loss from trinkets too if you pair Anger with the trinket, instead of using conquest trinket/GI etc.
    I don't have a 2nd weapon to check the dps of which offhand is best, but in regards to anger the trinket that goes with it is not worth it. I checked it out and the trinket was about 120 dps, the conquest trinket is 120ap which should be better.

From what I've seen so far the best mainhand is anger and off-hand is whatever proc is best. There isn't that much of an ap difference between the weapons and the proc at ~60dps from PF is a lot better.
    Last edited by Mayi; 08-22-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Does blade of the burning forest have a proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I don't have a 2nd weapon to check the dps of which offhand is best, but in regards to anger the trinket that goes with it is not worth it. I checked it out and the trinket was about 120 dps, the conquest trinket is 120ap which should be better.

From what I've seen so far the best mainhand is anger and off-hand is whatever proc is best. There isn't that much of an ap difference between the weapons and the proc at ~60dps from PF is a lot better.
    The trinket isn't worth it. PVP trinket or even new GI outperform it.

I am running with greed & wrath. With the setbonus they each provide 60-65dps (up from 45-50). I am a bit underwhelmed by the setbonus to be honest.

Does the PF weapon have a better proc than greed/wrath/anger that it proccs for 60dps on its own?
    Brutmutter-EU | Rogue | R50

RIFT Guide Writer

I tested the Greed+Wrath set bonus on PTS and it is just +10% to their proc damage. If they do 50 without the set bonus then they do 55 with it. So it's only worth about 10 dps. Daggers' faster hits give a bigger dps bonus than that. Blade of the Burning Forest has the exact same direct damage proc of 502-622 as the rest, it's just life damage instead of fire or earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I tested the Greed+Wrath set bonus on PTS and it is just +10% to their proc damage. If they do 50 without the set bonus then they do 55 with it. So it's only worth about 10 dps. Daggers' faster hits give a bigger dps bonus than that. Blade of the Burning Forest has the exact same direct damage proc of 502-622 as the rest, it's just life damage instead of fire or earth.
    Interesting that you see 60dps with the PF Dagger (I also saw somebody mentioning 60-70 in another thread) when the swords only provide 45-50 even though the have the same value.
    Do you have any numbers on anger? Same dps as PF Dagger?
    Brutmutter-EU | Rogue | R50

Gonna have to test pts differences between:

anger
    blade of forest
    greed
    razing vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    If it doesn't greed is 2nd bis.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 08-23-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Yes it does.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Disciple

Well can we please get a definitive answer?
    Blade of the burning forest (Put this second because with ID gear, i don't think many people are at 1187 or above in a raid setting)
    if u arnt above 1187 crit raid buffed, you shouldnt be askin questions about ID relic weapons, you arent ready for ID
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Parab View Post
    Interesting that you see 60dps with the PF Dagger (I also saw somebody mentioning 60-70 in another thread) when the swords only provide 45-50 even though the have the same value.
    Do you have any numbers on anger? Same dps as PF Dagger?
    its simple, daggers swing faster, so you get more serrated, poison, and weapon procs off.
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

relic daggers are also 56.1dps vs 56.0 dps from swords. not much, but still a difference

+ Reply to Thread