+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Core and gear vs. PvE?

Shadowlander

Default PvP Core and gear vs. PvE?

I have my CQ trinket, and about to hit p40. I am now looking to gear up a PvP core. I currently run a BiS PvE core when I PvP, and I'd like to do better. What is the best load-out for a PvP core (and where to get the essences)?

Also, I have been running around in 4pc ID (w/HK crystal) and 3 pc of PvP gear, plus PvP weapons and jewelry. When does it make sense to switch over to 4 pc PvP and crystal? Which pieces? Do you run all 7 or 4/3 the other way?

Thanks in advance.

Valor, Valor, Valor

You either want to build to survive, or as a "glass cannon", generally the former is a better idea. PvE gear is best for "glass cannon" because of the synergy crystal and procs. But to build for survival you want to use PvP gear in every place you can and this includes your sigil, to get as much valor as possible.

keep going for the pvp stuff for now.. we will have to see what happens with "normalization" which atm is not soo hot since in it's current build pve gear>pvp gear in regards to proc abilities and set bonuses.. But for general pvp as it stands now you will want to be all pvp.

Shadowlander

Default Well, that's half the answer...

... as it sounds like 7 pc PvP armor + crystal is the way to go. Thanks.

On the core - which essences and if there is a legitimate choice, which core? Love to hear how the pros load out.

Sigil with +valor and essences with +valor appropriate to your class

+ Reply to Thread