+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things I'd like to see in SL

Default Things I'd like to see in SL

With the launch of SL, they're expanding and reworking the souls, so I thought I'd make a post of the things that I'd like to see in Storm Legion when it drops. I'd also like to hear what my fellow Rogues would like!

Bladedancer:
    • A little less reliant on dodge/parry mechanics in higher tiers
    • Reworking of Dauntless Strike to make it beneficial in raids (I.E not replaced by other buffs)
    • Possible channeled talent (like Strafe) which 'dances you around the target at rapid pace' dealing damage over 5s granting 5 combo points.

Bard:
    • Increased Damage via Cadence, but reduction in healing to counteract the increased damage, making them viable in dungeons.
    • Better scaling from AP
    • Cadence has a chance to refresh Motifs (3 point talent 5%/10%/15%)
    • Spammable AoE version of cadence that heals via damage done but with very small amounts (10% of damage done divided by raid members)

Saboteur:
    • More variants of single target charges to keep up with DPS
    • Reduce damage of Caltrop charge by 50%, but add a 50% movement reduction with time increased by amount of charges.
    • Adhesive Bombs changed into a root, which lasts for 8 seconds.
    • Ability to lay traps while in stealth, and lay multiple traps at a time.

Ranger:
    • Removal of Trick Shot, but granting Rain of Arrows a 15% chance per hit to add a combo point on your current target
    • New Pets that are competitive with the Raptor for DPS, or make the Dire Wolf a better ST pet, and the Raptor an AE pet.
    • Possible Pet Talent trees
    • Barber Shop for pets, or equippable items that change the model of your pet. (Similar to the Follower customization things in SWTOR) I'm personally sick of the Raptor model :P
    • Ravaging Rounds (Weapon enchant), applies a stacking buff on target increasing pet damage done to that target by 1% per stack, up to 10.

Marksman:
    • Reduce the amount of targets hit by Fan Out to 4 additional targets instead of 8.
    • Give Fanout a 10% chance to add a combo point on current target
    • Make crossfire and AoE finisher similar to Concussive Blast in Ranger.
    • Reduce the damage bonus of the talent Collateral Damage to 10% per point instead of 15%.
    • Add a cooldown to Eradicate to match the cooldown of other class' purges
    • Retreat stuns all hostile targets around you for 3 seconds, affected by diminishing returns
    • Hasted Shot no longer increases movement speed, but rather Auto Attack speed by 25%
    • Melee weapon Enchants no longer affect ranged shots.

Nightblade:
    • More ranged abilities and finishers to make it a true melee/ranged hybrid
    • Tendrils of Death - AoE slow around the Rogue, which reduces movement speed of all hostile targets by 30%
    • Death Based weapon enchant which spreads to other targets
    • More mobility

Assassin:
    • Ability to incapacitate multiple targets at once during stealth, up to 3 targets. (High tier talent to prevent abuse)
    • More abilities that don't have a positioning requirement
    • Barrage of Knives - The rogue throws an arsenal of knives in a cone in front of them, dealing 50% weapon damage to up to 5 targets. Damage increased with more point spent in the Assassin tree past 'x'. This will give the Assassin an AoE capability.
    • A decoy ability in which the rogue slips into stealth but leaves a replica of themselves in it's stead, which can be used in combat.

Riftstalker:
    • Place the damage increasing abilities in the lower tiers for better synergy with DPS souls.
    • Ability to Planar Shift a target to them, ranged targets are a pain in the *** for Rogue tanks.
    • Change Physical Wellness to a buff which increases raid healing by 10% for 15%
    • Add another ability with a 1 minute 30 second cooldown which applies Rift Guard to the entire raid. (Absorbs 15% of damage for up to 50% of the raid member's health.)
    • Allow us to use Memory Capture on a friendly target, and Flashback on them to move them out of the fire.

That's all I can think of for now, can't wait to hear what other people would like.

Soulwalker

Riftstalker:
    • Place the damage increasing abilities in the lower tiers for better synergy with DPS souls.
    • Ability to Planar Shift a target to them, ranged targets are a pain in the *** for Rogue tanks.
    • Change Physical Wellness to a buff which increases raid healing by 10% for 15%
    • Add another ability with a 1 minute 30 second cooldown which applies Rift Guard to the entire raid. (Absorbs 15% of damage for up to 50% of the raid member's health.)
    • Allow us to use Memory Capture on a friendly target, and Flashback on them to move them out of the fire.

1 - Yes.
    2 - Yes. Planar Attraction is nice and all, but damn it either needs a bit further on the range, or add a ST force taunt / Yank.
    3 - YES! Or at LEAST not make it so the raid has to be topped off directly after if they are already 100%.
    4 - No. Not if they make Physical Wellness better. One raid wide buff like Physical Wellness is enough IMO.
    5 - Can take it or leave it.

+ Reply to Thread